Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bastion is great because it's an action RPG not dragged down by an awful random loot system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you ignore everything that makes a game different from another game, it's just like that other game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

it's bad if gameplay is REALLY important to you is what I mean
It has solid gameplay, even if it's a little frantic. The weapon choices are nice and it's cool to see an ARPG with real shielding and dodging.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's all predetermined.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Transistor needed to be about twice as long. By the time you unlock a lot of the really cool combat options the game is over. There's quite a bit of depth if you play it with every Limiter on, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I remember the last boss being cool and then thinking it would have been cooler if that was just the midway point and then all the enemies started acting like that
It's dumb that they only did that once, and right at the very end. The optional challenge rooms on the beach were really cool and showed some of what the battle system could do, I wish they'd spent a little more time adding cool content to the game, which also feels short from a story perspective.

I love Transistor anyway.

• Locked thread