Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

I don't give a poo poo OP. Topic locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff (Plutonis Console Wars Remix).mp3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Having played it before I had played a Ys game though, it's basically an easier Ys game with a narrator. So if you liked Bastion, check out Ys Oath in Felghana OP.
I actually enjoyed Ys 7 more than Oath myself. They're both excellent games though.

EDIT: 7 isn't on Steam though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ys please!
                                                    /

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

I think its funny that so many Japanese companies do this with their franchises. It's like if CoD4 was a Napoleonic war game, but then MW2 was still the next sequel
CoD 5 was back to WWII and then MW2, then Black Ops went to the 60's and then MW3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was about 6-7 I had a friend who had an insane amount of SNES games, I played Ys III at his house a couple of times and I found it really hard. When I played Oath in Felghana I was impressed at how much I remembered the layout of the first dungeon even with the transfer to 3D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The same friend sparked my love of RPGs by letting me borrow FF1 with the Nintendo Power strategy guide

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

5 and 7 are PSP games right? Are they on the PSN store for Vita?
5 was originally on SNES and then they remade it for PS2 but both versions only came out in Japan

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

7 is cool because you have two additional party members you can switch between at any time. The AI controls the two you're not using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

According to the Ultimania books the descendants of Shinra from FFX-2 travel to another planet and found the Shinra company from FFVII

• Locked thread