Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is installed but I want to finish Ys Origin first. Soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

that was ff15...or is history repeating itself?

That was FF13. FF15 had a related story where some people went to Ireland to photograph rock for the game but as far as I know they did not take multiple years to do so.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

2% of people who own this game on Steam have gotten the plat in just 4 hours. PC gamers are so fail

there's a program you can run that unlocks steam achievements, iirc. something like 1% of life is strange's players had gotten the cheevos for the last episode a month before it came out.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

je1 healthcare posted:

FFXIII began on the PS2. But Square wanted their future titles to be developed on a proprietary engine of their own, since it was clear that it was become standard practice in the games industry and Japanese companies were notoriously bad about redundantly creating new engines for every AAA-game, a decade after it had gone out of fashion. So the Crystal Tools project began, and was managed by a Square programmer who's biggest contribution to tool creation involved creating a program to allow artists to view Final Fantasy Tactics sprites on television sets.

This ppst is f7ckon gay lmfao. Ypu suxk dicks lol. Smoke that poo poo!!! Roll thay poo poo !!!! Wisodm!!!!!!!! YOSPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIKKIIOOOOOOOOOIOIIOOOOOOOOOOOS

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the only thing you need to know about FFXIII's development is the guy at SquareEnix who spent 5 years redesigning a rock or whatever

Thay guy is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to boot this up for the first time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It default to the Japanese audio. Japanese Lightning is effed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot how badass the story was in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Japanese Snow talks like a Yakuza boss in a 60s movie.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lightning is so cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lightning is so cool.

In this game you play as lightning in God form returning to the dying world hundreds of years after XIII-2 and you have to go around and provide people salvation and shepherd their souls to the afterlife. It's sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Keep this thread bumped for when Im done playing final fantasties 4-10, x-2, tactics, 13, and 13-2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't get the game to display controller prompts, fuuuu

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

PC release on 12/10. I've already beaten this game on PS3 when it came out but the performance was spotty. the last two XIII PC ports were great so playing this game again with a nice framerate and resolution is going to be awesome!

I gues I should continue my 13 play thru i dunno if i have me saves still. Is it steam cloud.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

In this game you play as lightning in God form returning to the dying world hundreds of years after XIII-2 and you have to go around and provide people salvation and shepherd their souls to the afterlife. It's sick

This sounds awesome.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ragg posted:

I gues I should continue my 13 play thru i dunno if i have me saves still. Is it steam cloud.

Yeah

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Cheesus I forgot this was 60 jiggabytes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot that Hope is in boy form for this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revisiting this game after playing a few other Tri Ace games, it's become abundantly clear that this was probably a Valkyrie Profile game at some point and they just put lightning in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chocolina...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Nice christmas tree head, christmas tree head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[In deadpan Lightning voice] Merry christmas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLKSFPrD_Tk&t=32s

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

alright so i got all these XIII games, is it worth it playing through them in order or should i just play LR?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

turnways posted:

alright so i got all these XIII games, is it worth it playing through them in order or should i just play LR?

i only played part of 13 and i skipped 13-2, but so far lightning returns feels like a weird in media res fever dream where nothing will ever get explained and this has only enhanced the experience imo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

turnways posted:

i hate questions like this. they're good games so either play them or don't, idk what you want ppl to tell you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

normally it'd be a tougher question but you already paid for them so i guess why not try them

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Is the SNES or GBA version of Final Fantasy 6 better to emulate?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it depends, do you want a more accurate translation with modern localization techniques (gba), or do you want the sanitized, i-need-to-fit-this-script-into-the-cart saturday morning cartoon version (snes)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The White Dragon posted:

it depends, do you want a more accurate translation with modern localization techniques (gba), or do you want the sanitized, i-need-to-fit-this-script-into-the-cart saturday morning cartoon version (snes)

Whichever is better, I just need something to play on my laptop at work once Im finished playing Chrono Trigger again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought all the XIII games. I'm playing the first XIII now. I like that the combat looks super smooth and shiny, but really it's just regular ol' final fantasy. That's badass. And the battle theme at least for the first area is insanely good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Austrian mook posted:

Whichever is better, I just need something to play on my laptop at work once Im finished playing Chrono Trigger again

maybe go with the gba version then. now that i think about it, yeah, it has content that was cut from the snes version for lack of space, and then some extras on top of that. it fixes a couple bugs, too, even if said bugs were fun and beneficial to the player.

otherwise they're so similar that for real it would come down to the difference between "which emulator runs better, snes or gba?"

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i hate questions like this. they're good games so either play them or don't, idk what you want ppl to tell you

sometimes a series refines the gameplay and recaps the story so you can skip the first ones (Assassin's Creed 1/2) and I wanted to know if this was like that. looks like it's worth playing em all so I'll do that, thanks folks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

13-3 is fuckall like 1 and 2. liking the one doesn't mean you'll like the others or vice versa, really.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Austrian mook posted:

Is the SNES or GBA version of Final Fantasy 6 better to emulate?

Unless you patch the GBA rom the SNES version is much better cuz of music and brightness. If you do its taste, snes has slightly higher resolution and some people prefer the less accurate translation, but the gba version fixes some bugs

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ragg posted:

Unless you patch the GBA rom the SNES version is much better cuz of music and brightness. If you do its taste, snes has slightly higher resolution and some people prefer the less accurate translation, but the gba version fixes some bugs

Ill go with SNES then. Thank you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a lot of fun playing XIII-1, but like, am I supposed to know from another game what this fal'Cie and l'Cie poo poo means. It doesn't really matter I guess but w.e.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm having a lot of fun playing XIII-1, but like, am I supposed to know from another game what this fal'Cie and l'Cie poo poo means. It doesn't really matter I guess but w.e.
No, that was the first time that was introduced. I don't think you're supposed to understand what's going on when the game begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

no, youre supposed to pick it up as you go along, i think theres also an in game dictionary or something like that

• Locked thread