Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PleasingFungus posted:

it's weird how much of an 'unpolished/western rpg' feel bits of this game have. at the start of the game, I began talking to the the inquisitor, and a random crowd npc began walking into him mid-conversation and pushing him out of frame. this happened again a few minutes later.

i had a similar experience, i was talking to the inquisitor and i guess the camera is programmed to pan slowly in that conversation? it started with him nearly out of the frame and just ended up gazing at a wall, arthouse-style. too bad i don't have shadowplay enabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i bought XIII-2 for 360 (lol) for like $9 at target, without having played xiii-1, played it for like 10 minutes and then stoppe forever coz i had no CLUE what iw as doing. well that's my story, bye

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im at what is probably the final boss for FF13.. And I got pwned by an instakill move, and was about to be mad, but then I realized if I actually switched Paradigms I probably would have been able to stagger him and stop it. I'm dumb. But anyway that guy takes soooo long to hit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The instakill is annoying in that fight. You can pick up a crown right before the fight that will protect against it though, for your next attempt.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The instakill is annoying in that fight. You can pick up a crown right before the fight that will protect against it though, for your next attempt.

Ya so staggering him didn't work. Where is this crown lmao. Hopefully I didn't break it down for parts like I do with most drops.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
all i remember about the final boss is one of his forms is really weak to poison or somegthing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Ya so staggering him didn't work. Where is this crown lmao. Hopefully I didn't break it down for parts like I do with most drops.

You can just buy it. Also you could just be running into the doom counter. Iirc every boss in XIII has a hidden time limit where hey will just go super Saiyan and decimate you if you take too long, like an MMO boss

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

is there enough customization and stuff in this game? there's no levelling or stats it seems. so there's no way to permanently build Lightning in a certain direction?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kild posted:

is there enough customization and stuff in this game? there's no levelling or stats it seems. so there's no way to permanently build Lightning in a certain direction?

Your builds are all on the fly. Quests and side quests increase your general stats but the specialization is in your load outs, which you have 3 of and can swap freely between in battle and customize at any time you want

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
The end of day 6 and 30 hours in, and I just found the tutorial text that explains about timing your attack inputs for extra damage... :negative:

I sold a ton of the level 1 abilities I got as drops because I didn't understand how the crafting system was going to work, and the abilities screen was getting too cluttered. not feeling like a powerful gamer rn........

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

The end of day 6 and 30 hours in, and I just found the tutorial text that explains about timing your attack inputs for extra damage... :negative:

I sold a ton of the level 1 abilities I got as drops because I didn't understand how the crafting system was going to work, and the abilities screen was getting too cluttered. not feeling like a powerful gamer rn........

I hope you at least saw the tutorial text about how a perfect guard is extremely useful for staggering. It's very important to being a powerful gamer.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

I hope you at least saw the tutorial text about how a perfect guard is extremely useful for staggering. It's very important to being a powerful gamer.

ya I DID see that. makes me feel extra silly that I'd somehow missed the really closely related mechanic!

is there any more main quest stuff after you finish the initial ones? i'm only halfway through in terms of days, will be weird if it's all side-questing from here out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

ya I DID see that. makes me feel extra silly that I'd somehow missed the really closely related mechanic!

is there any more main quest stuff after you finish the initial ones? i'm only halfway through in terms of days, will be weird if it's all side-questing from here out.

Main quest is really pretty quick. The meat of the game and to a large extent writing and world building such as it is is in the side quests.

Also note that you can change your garbs' colors (with custom palettes to boot) and this is very important.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PleasingFungus posted:

there's five main quests. if you've done all four areas and sazh's thing then you're done. there is a bonus dungeon if you do enough of the sidequests, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did everything my first time and had like 4 days to spare so you will probably run out of content before you run out of time

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

wanna suck those titties too bad im a virgin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/_uutvxq4WB/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Considering the end of Lightning Returns, it's highly likely that that Vine is canon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

are those just animations from the games with her weapon replaced with a purse

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lightning, dressed in louis vuitton, smiles at mario as he drives past in his mercedes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

lightning, dressed in louis vuitton, smiles at mario as he drives past in his mercedes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Mario's Iconic Car

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to change my screen's refresh rate to 40hz or something to get this game to run smooth. Not a big deal but just in case anyone was having a similar problem!

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I just beat the game and finished everything I needed to do for the true ending by day 6.

Lightning ended up spending around 192 hours sleeping in the inn preparing for the last boss and I'm not really sure what happened at the end of the game but I learned that cool systems like weapon / shield upgrades are locked behind NG+ and I don't think that was a very good idea.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My playthrough of this stalled really quick because I got distracted by other games and now I'm just waiting for dragon's dogma. Cest la vie

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My playthrough of this stalled really quick because I got distracted by other games and now I'm just waiting for dragon's dogma. Cest la vie

Same but for this whole series. I bought like 30 games from steam sale.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:swoon:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the costume and accessory design in this game... it's flawless! It's friggin perfect!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahhy poo poo the universe lost an hour of the day?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chocobo chick lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game kicks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the telegraph interviewed lightning on her new career.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This is stupid.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

old news