Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never got into Final Fantasy but everyone in Imp Zone says its great. But I always heard they were grindy?? Anyway the action RPG ones look cool so maybe I'll buy this for PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought all the XIII games. I'm playing the first XIII now. I like that the combat looks super smooth and shiny, but really it's just regular ol' final fantasy. That's badass. And the battle theme at least for the first area is insanely good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a lot of fun playing XIII-1, but like, am I supposed to know from another game what this fal'Cie and l'Cie poo poo means. It doesn't really matter I guess but w.e.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The hyper serious tone and really high budget art design and music while people talk about the most insane sounding proper nouns that barely form actual sentences is a huge reason I really like the XIII trilogy.

So far it's real good but I hate that Vanille is the cliche comic relief Japanese character who is voiced by someone doing what an Australian sounds like in anime land. But that's OK because everyone else is really cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like when Lightning punches Snow. Also the summons are the most insane thing ever lol. Lightning can ride a horse that flies and drops rose petals.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like F13 more for not explaining everything. Having the main character being an amnesiac/detective/foreigner of some kind is so insanely overused that it's really refreshing to not see that for once. They use the character's pain and grief as a tool to make you care about them, and get this: it works, for me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im at what is probably the final boss for FF13.. And I got pwned by an instakill move, and was about to be mad, but then I realized if I actually switched Paradigms I probably would have been able to stagger him and stop it. I'm dumb. But anyway that guy takes soooo long to hit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The instakill is annoying in that fight. You can pick up a crown right before the fight that will protect against it though, for your next attempt.

Ya so staggering him didn't work. Where is this crown lmao. Hopefully I didn't break it down for parts like I do with most drops.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My playthrough of this stalled really quick because I got distracted by other games and now I'm just waiting for dragon's dogma. Cest la vie

Same but for this whole series. I bought like 30 games from steam sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obsession over anime has become mainstream.

• Locked thread