Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I played Al'kabor real fuckin' casually, and I had no idea it got revived. I don't think I have the willpower to get back to the grind, but it's really cool to see it revived. Al'kabor had probably the coolest friendliest community of any server for any game I've ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Pilsner posted:

Yeah I was bummed A'K got taken down also, I had a nice 4-box team going with old school Cleric healing and Enchanter mezzing, unlike the modern Live merc semi-automatic setup. I reached level 30.

FYI, my ZlizEQMap tool, made at first for P99, works just as well for TAK, although you might need to adjust a few of the zone file names (which can be done in a simple text file):

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

Despite my protests I did end up starting up again and playing a little, and it's the same old suffering I remember. This map tool is great though, kinda makes me laugh that every private server bent over backwards to remove the mapping tool for era authenticity when stuff like this exists now.

• Locked thread