Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Been quite a while since I played, right around when they added the Magma Trooper is when I quit. Is it worth picking this back up for guilds and whatnot? Anything I need to do specific or requirements to get into a goon one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I'm in now

Ditto. Woo, Double GW

:L
Oct 28, 2004

While I can get in, it keeps restarting with that error code 3 after a few actions. Hopefully it clears up, but at least I can still log in and do a few things before having to restart.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

:L posted:

While I can get in, it keeps restarting with that error code 3 after a few actions. Hopefully it clears up, but at least I can still log in and do a few things before having to restart.

Same problem here, lots of errors.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I don't know what I hate more, Sidious and Luminiaras absolutely loving absurd dodge rate or the fact that they are in 100% of GW nodes

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

I don't know what I hate more, Sidious and Luminiaras absolutely loving absurd dodge rate or the fact that they are in 100% of GW nodes

That they don't have that kind of dodge when you are controlling them. That's what I hate. :(

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What other characters trigger an extra ally attack? I use IG-86 and QGJizz and when those two tag team someone its brutal. Could be fun to have a whole team of that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

What other characters trigger an extra ally attack? I use IG-86 and QGJizz and when those two tag team someone its brutal. Could be fun to have a whole team of that.

Geno Solider has a "Call in a buddy" attack. Aayla has one on her basic attack too, I think?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Disco De Soto posted:

Fives has both an ally assist attack and his max rank basic shoots a second time if the target is slowed (which he has a high chance of applying) and a high counter attack rate. So he's lots of fun.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Tomorrow's double event is Light Side Hard mode. Also, the guild activity post-rollover will be cantina.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

Disco De Soto posted:

Biggs, and Phasma triggers ally attacks sometimes when leading

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Tracula posted:

Been quite a while since I played, right around when they added the Magma Trooper is when I quit. Is it worth picking this back up for guilds and whatnot? Anything I need to do specific or requirements to get into a goon one?

They didn't fix any of the core issues with the game but on the other hand, guilds and raids are fun. I'd give it another shot. Add yourself to the spreadsheet in this thread to find a guild: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

IGD and QGJ are both full atm although IGD might be making spots available soon, I dunno.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Anyone notice that sometimes QGJ dispells a buff but doesn't get the damage boost buff? I've seen it happen a couple times on luminara.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Anyone notice that sometimes QGJ dispells a buff but doesn't get the damage boost buff? I've seen it happen a couple times on luminara.

Are they kills? He doesn't get the buff on a kill.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Aphrodite posted:

Nope, does his jump attack, lum's buff fall's off and that's it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Aphrodite posted:

Actually they patched that recently. You'll get a buff off a killing hit now. Also there's definitely a bug trying to debufff luminara's +dodge buff.

Edit: the best is watching the the AI use that ability against someone with foresight.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

This game could use a Jedi anti-sith character. Dark side gets Sidious and Dooku, but there doesn't seem to be any Jedi dudes who get bonuses against Sith.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
edit: oops, wrong thread. Sorry!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Spakstik posted:

This game could use a Jedi anti-sith character. Dark side gets Sidious and Dooku, but there doesn't seem to be any Jedi dudes who get bonuses against Sith.

DS Barriss has been datamined forever to have both anti-Sith and anti-Jedi bonuses

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
They've probably got one planned. Like jedi luke. Probably improves accuracy or something.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spakstik posted:

And Vader and maul

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

cowofwar posted:

They've probably got one planned. Like jedi luke. Probably improves accuracy or something.

I really just want someone who negates Sidious's jedi dodge.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So you know how people kinda sorta say you should get barriss for GW? You really should. I just have her at 5*, but gear 8 and abilities at 7, level 72 (I am 77) and her, lumi, qgj, GS and JC (first half) and dooku for the 2nd half just roll right through GW. I can't quite auto through it, but it is close to that. With the double drops, I finally have some cash and a giant pile of GW tokens, and I should be able to do another one tomorrow morning.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

two_step posted:

So you know how people kinda sorta say you should get barriss for GW? You really should. I just have her at 5*, but gear 8 and abilities at 7, level 72 (I am 77) and her, lumi, qgj, GS and JC (first half) and dooku for the 2nd half just roll right through GW. I can't quite auto through it, but it is close to that. With the double drops, I finally have some cash and a giant pile of GW tokens, and I should be able to do another one tomorrow morning.

Word.

I'm like 30 shards away from getting her to 7* and she's great.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm just stuck on whether or not to get Barris her final star. Because I have her geared out and abilities maxed out. So I feel like I'd have a better time just farming another fun character like Kylo instead of getting a small health boost to an already huge health bar.

But I could be wrong, prove me wrong.

Also, I finally got to 76 yesterday. So the reign begins.

:getin:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ularg posted:

I'm just stuck on whether or not to get Barris her final star. Because I have her geared out and abilities maxed out. So I feel like I'd have a better time just farming another fun character like Kylo instead of getting a small health boost to an already huge health bar.

But I could be wrong, prove me wrong.

Also, I finally got to 76 yesterday. So the reign begins.

:getin:

7* Barris gets you 7* Yoda

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We have one spot open in IGD.

IGD: T5 raid open

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 2, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

7* Barris gets you 7* Yoda

Yep. 6* is totally fine for GW, I 7*'d her just to get Yoda.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How often do guild invites go out anyways? Seems some people have been waiting a bit.

Also is Rey any good? Pulled her from a datapack last night :woop:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Why is the IG-100 Magnaguard a tank? Maybe i'm blind but I can't see any tanking ability.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Disco De Soto posted:

Why is the IG-100 Magnaguard a tank? Maybe i'm blind but I can't see any tanking ability.

Hitpoints

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

cowofwar posted:

Hitpoints

Is he the only tank without an actual tanking ability?

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Not only no tanking abilties, but it actually gets buffs for not being hit. The description of the character even calls it a support, so who knows?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Been playing around with different Jedi in the fifth slot on my GW squad.

Barriss(L), Ahsoka, Luminara, Qui-Gon Jin, form the core.

Running JC adds heals but I rarely use them.

Running Yoda adds buffs but often the opposing team don't have any to steal and QGJ adds dmg buff anyways.

Mace doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

Running Obi-Wan seems to be best, his ability block/damage down debuff shuts down high heal and high damage squads well. He is 5* and very effective already so he will probably be godlike at 7* since he also comes with evasion buff. And if he does die the rest of the squad become the Pheonix and go murdertown.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 2, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Xiphopagus posted:

Not only no tanking abilties, but it actually gets buffs for not being hit. The description of the character even calls it a support, so who knows?

After looking around online it seems he got changed from a support to a tank at some stage. And nerfed for some reason.

Dammit I just want a decent droid team. I don't want to use loving Geonosian meatbags!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

The character role descriptions are all over the place and don't really mean anything apart from challenge modes restrictions.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

Is he the only tank without an actual tanking ability?

What's do you define as a tanking ability? And how does Mace Windu, Fives, Finn, Old Ben, Plo Koon, Teebo, and Boba Fett, (All are classified as tanks) exhibit it?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hughlander posted:

What's do you define as a tanking ability? And how does Mace Windu, Fives, Finn, Old Ben, Plo Koon, Teebo, and Boba Fett, (All are classified as tanks) exhibit it?

I thought a taunt would be pretty key for a tank but I guess there aren't many characters that have that ability.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

I thought a taunt would be pretty key for a tank but I guess there aren't many characters that have that ability.

Honestly I think it is a little bit more than the challenges but not much. I suspect that a tank gets more health per point of a stat than an attacker would and maybe an attacker gets more crit or something. I haven't really dived deep into it but that seems to be how it works. (Though see Barriss and her healer health pool vs Dakkas to see where it could easily be bullshit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Malgrin posted:

Still need a guild? I think we are fairly close to having an opening

Yup

• Locked thread