Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just tried to add a bunch of people, but here is my Ally Code: 313-466-624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

I accepted you and roid but nobody else. I don't know who the others are unless they post here. I certainly don't want to be friends with any damned arena snipers

I just added you again, name is probably something like Mal (level 39).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes ALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.
Also, I don't have Lumi or Barris yet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I think the game is new enough and has enough options that "unpopular" character archetypes haven't been fully explored yet. The vast majority would rather build a Jedi team or kick rear end with Sith or Boba Fett than mess around with an Ewok and so you don't see these other guys too much yet. That will change as the game goes on.

I mean, I get that much, and he's even an unnamed ewok (kinda like how everyone is surprised that Resistance Pilot is good), but, he seems pretty busted in GW, where you can just revive fallen members (to bullshit like triple hits from Dooku or w/e).

He only has one attack, and it's a bit weak, but leveling it gives a chance to boost the turn meter for all ewoks (he's the only one I use...but he still gets the boost), his heal does 15% of his own max hp to all members and has a chance to revive a fallen member, and then his final ability revives a fallen member. He also seems to have a pretty good speed. It doesn't seem very easy to farm his shards (yet - I unlocked him with a lucky bronze), so that might also contribute.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Here's my ally code: 853-925-988

I've been playing way too much since I found out about this game; haven't spent any money, but I fear that time is coming.

I would HIGHLY recommend you spend $5 to get daily crystals. I think it's about $10 between $10 and $20 worth of crystals over a week. Plus you get $300 on day 1, which is more than you get out of the $2 $5 package thing. It's a time limited thing though, so act now if you're even considering spending $$

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2015

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes one debuff from each squad memberALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.

Also, his heal has to hit for it to work (so his heal doesn't remove heal immunity). It's still really good.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I also just completed GW today for the first time. I think it's not a coincidence that I unlocked Lumi yesterday.
I just promoted Talia to 4.
After Arena rewards at 6PM, I will have enough to unlock Sid. Pretty excited about that. From reading everyone else's, I'm apparently in a super easy Arena group, although I did just start about 10 days ago. I'm level 46, between 10 and 11k power, and have been just on the edge of rank 50.

Right now I'm prioritizing Chewie in Cantina (and hardmode), Daka in Cantina shipments, Sid in arena shipments, and Lumi in GW shipments. My understanding is that I should continue this until those guys are 7*?
Also, I'm currently around level 4 hard, do I want to try to push up to 5 hard dark side to start farming Barriss? I've been trying to balance hard mode shards and leveling gear to 5, advancing in dark side takes away from that, but Barriss has been pretty badass anytime i've borrowed her.

Do droprates for shards and ability materials in cantina improve as you advance? I saw that the cost goes up to 10 at 3.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Once you unlock Galactic War, use those marks to buy Luminara Undili until she's a 7-star.

While I'm sure that is the correct thing to do, I'm tempted to get Resistance Pilot to 4* before resuming my Lumi grind. I just unlocked and leveled Sid, and the two of them work really well together. I've got Pilot critting for 1800-2k at 2 stars, level 46, so I can only imagine what his damage will look like at 4*.

Right now for PvP (and GW) I'm generally going 4* Sid, 5* Chewie, 3* JC, 4* Lumi, and 2* Pilot. I can get Pilot to 4* for the same amount as getting Lumi to 5*.

The rest of my team is: 4* Talia, 3* Phasma, 2* Ewok Elder, 2* Resistance Trooper, 1* Genosian, 3* Jawa, 2* Snowrooper, 1* Royal Guard, and some 1-2* level 20-30 dudes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Yeah, I farm shards in HardMode all I can, especially for Resistance Trooper, Chewie, and Lumi/JC

GW rewards having a broad powerbase, plus it's fun for me. I nearly have Resistance Trooper to 3* from doing his Hardmode shards every day, maybe even get him to 4* eventually.

Who do folks grind up in Cantina? I unlocked Luke, now working on Talia to 5*

Also, anyone consider a mostly-Nightsister group?
Daka, Talia, Asajj, and Ahsoka. With the +20% dodge it'd be really frustrating to fight, I think.

There's a whole reddit post about nightsisters, you should check it out.
Cantina I am grinding Chewie. He's super strong, got him to 5. Once I get him to 6 I will probably grind more JC/Talia, or Kylo. I am thinking about a heavy First Order rotation, Phasma as lead, Tie Pilot and Kylo hit for a ton, add in Daka for heals and someone with a taunt
Unfortunately, Resistance Pilot doesn't drop anywhere, can only be bought with GW tokens.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'm starting to lose ground hard in Arena on account of not having a good enough Lumi/Palp.... which is just going to slow down my palp grind.

4 star Chewie, 3 star Poe, 3 star Jawa, 3 star JC, 3 star Lumi (all 46+)... can't beat anything but other Chewie teams, and even then, it's a toss-up.

Do you have Resistance Pilot? He's a beast, way more damage than Jawa. No aoe, but I'm around 12k power, and in 95% of arena battles, I snipe one of their dps before a taunt comes in (against others around 12k power).

What are you at for shards with Chewie/JC? If Chewie is close to 5, I'd finish that, but if he isn't, I'd spend a little time getting JC up to 4 first. 4* JC is so much better. You unlock him at Cantina 3-A, and I've noticed a much better ability shard droprate farming him than with Chewie, which is something I need really badly right now. What other good characters do you have?

After leveling up Resistance Pilot's gear a little more (he's one item from level 6), he's definitely a part of my A-team, and I'm getting him to 4* before I do Lumi to 5. He's that good, I promise. Here's my GW A-team right now: Sid (lead) 4*/L6, JC 4*/L6, Lumi 4* L5, Phasma 3* L5, and Res Pilot 2* L5, all level 48. For Arena, I swap out Phasma with 5* Chewie, because Chewie's taunt is so good against players (I mean, when they attack me), but he honestly doesn't make a big difference against AI. I've got some pretty good speed on this team, so I snipe either their best healer, or best DPS before anything else can happen. Then I get a heal debuff on their tank (although it sometimes gets dodged/resisted), so that their team wastes ALL of their heals. Then I clean up dps then healers. Having Sid makes all the difference for Arena/GW, and his synergy with Pilot is absurd. Can't wait until level 50 when I can add another 10% crit damage.

While grinding shards in Hard-mode feels good, the droprate is low enough that I think it's worth getting characters like JC/Talia/Chewie to 4*, before only focusing on gear (to about level 6). Past 4* is going to take forever anyways, while the gear leveling will make a big difference now. I've gotten a huge buff to my power rating by really focusing on the gear level (Ok, Sid made a big difference too).

E: I just hit 50, through some of the dumbest poo poo ever. Ok, part of this is my fault, I forgot that Barriss' health "equalization" isn't technically a heal. I honestly don't think I've faced her since I unlocked Sid (like 2 days ago), so I didn't really think about how she could bring someone back from death with that. Otherwise, I would have just Force Blasted while I bursted a dps. Then, I was so pissed I forgot to Chewie taunt, and lost my Pilot to 2 super crits in a row. Their line-up was Barriss (lead), Ima-Gun Di, Hk-47, Mace Windu, and Sid. HK-47 of course revived (I also didn't know he could do that). Sid evaded every single Jedi attack (from JC and Lumi). Anyways, came down to under a minute (I usually finish with 3-4 to go), and I had 3 standing. I didn't think I was going to win after Pilot went down (like 30 seconds in - I think he got one shot off before the Barriss heal).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 3, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Rubicon posted:

Ally Code List:
Primaris: 388-173-494
CaptainAssholay: 727-545-556
porksmash: 187-415-286 (currently full)
Levantine: 246-743-674
the panacea: 673-291-461
Brian Fellows: 253-753-724
dandaman: 666-214-946
Hizawk: 539 984 225
Mezzanine: 814-455-124
Khako: 983-881-536
jabro: 373-383-853
RustySporkinmyl: 226-975-457
Dreylad: 486-399-349
Iceman2343: 469-842-187
Batmasterson: 286-356-898
Pyronic: 924-582-566
sarmhan: 573-586-265
Present: 149-294-833
New Leaf: 844-163-665
Blackchamber: 668-495-359
allsizesfitone: 394-749-438
Metos: 923-857-773
TastyShrimpPlatter: 847-197-178
Starrett: 392-779-593
OxMan: 692 116 912
Kegslayer: 274-964-565
iGestalt: 332-858-457
Phyresis: 853-476-41 (missing a #?)
Malgrin: 313-466-624
Office Commando: 667-878-439
Cession: 666-772-988
Pimpmust: 297-646-178
Harlock: 842-793-256
Hughlander: 913-937-512
Deep Winter: 944-393-464
oops wrong forum: 364-739-281
Grey Fox: 596-154-623
Rubicon: 215-744-429
Ularg: 153-527-379
Hellburger99: 572-724-512
Wtgamerz: 618-489-468
iFriend: 376-634-975
cocaine mountain: 384-267-786
motherbox: 357-176-867
Kjermzs: 187-483-725
Roid666: 773-681-626
Zotix: 898-545-365
explosivo: 134-495-162
rabidsquid: 839-599-498
Bird Law: 888-984-325
Chilichimp: 469-134-913
Mile'ionaha: 467-526-968
Pinia Coladas: 513-511-159
Marin Karin: 687-897-396
planedriver: 865-839-979
uh zip zoom: 769-889-227
3D GAY WORLD: 853-925-988

Could we get this on the OP?

Also, I've been trying to make room for newer people (early on I was accepting random people -- I'm dumb), so, if your IGN is different from your thing here, I might delete you. Sorry.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I thought the consensus was that Dooku is great mid-game, but tapers off later? Has this changed? If I don't have Dooku at all, should I start farming him?

Right now I'm farming Lumi, JC, and Rey. Once I get JC to 5, should I just leave him there and focus on others?

For Cantina, I've been farming JC, but I just unlocked Luke, so I feel like I should farm him there. He seems pretty good. However, I've noticed that I get better ability shards from farming JC than Luke (But, JC costs 2 more). Since I've been really short on Ability shards, should I instead just start pushing through Cantina levels so that I can maybe get better drop rates on level 2s? Or should I just keep farming JC/Luke?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 6, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

That being said, I don't farm him. The shard availability just doesn't make him appealing to me at all. If I'd gotten him in his pack, I would be saying otherwise.

This is the sense I've gotten, so I just haven't bothered farming him. Since I've just unlocked Daka, I am tempted by Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Lumi, Luke/Pilot/Damage burst, but Dooku just doesn't sound worth farming.

P.S. level 51, already hanging out between ranks 20 and 50, and I haven't had any difficulty clearing GW (and lately I haven't even needed to close-app).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

You are doing great for not being 60 yet. Even though it makes me a hypocrite, I would say to not split GW shipments between Phasma and Lumi. Pick one or the other and just ignore the other until you've gotten your chosen one to 7*.

Yeah, I'm doing this. Well, I lied, I just split to get Resistance Pilot to 4* (and at level 51, Gear level 6, he's critting for over 3200 without Sid's buff - so worth it). But, now that I've got him there (It took 3 days of farming away from Lumi), I'm back to just focusing her. Once I get her to 7, I plan to focus Phasma, because by then I should have Luke or FOTP higher level, and I think they'll be better for end game than Resistance Pilot (but for now, RP is a total badass - also super good with Sid because he gains meter on a crit).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm confused why no one else is loving Resistance Pilot. He is pretty fast, has insane crits, and with Sid, crits a lot, and he gains meter when he crits, so win-win. He's super good at sniping other high damage targets before they get to do anything.
The highest standard-attack crit I've seen (with Sid lead) so far is 3400, gear level 6 (I think I have one item equipped in there), level 51, 4*.

Str: 244 (+10), AGI 441 (+10), Phys Damage 834, Phys Crit 213, crit damage +150%. He gains 20% turn meter on a crit or evade, and a 50% to expose, 65% foresight on his ability. Hip fire has a 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter as well, which stacks with crit turn meter (so I've seen him attack twice in a row in arena).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

commish posted:

Here's an arena tip in case you guys didn't know it:

When on the arena fight selection screen, you can always fight those 3 users currently on your screen, even if your rank is knocked back before you get a chance to fight them.

For example, just now, I was ranked 21. Someone (who was ranked 30) was fighting me. While he was fighting and beating my squad, I just remained on the fight selection screen with 3 opponents - ranks 13, 18, and 19. I waited a bit for the #30 guy to beat me, and then I challenged the rank #18 guy (don't refresh or you'll only see fights around level 30) even though I was rank #30.

Once I beat #18, I took #18's position. #18 dropped back to #30 (I'm sure he's confused as to how he fell 12 spots in one fight).

This helps maintain your rank during the last few frantic battles right before the end of the day's arena. You can keep climbing the ranks even though you are losing on defense.

I just spent 50 Crystals so that I can make top 20 with this today. Wish me luck!

Jibo posted:

He's basically in GW B Team zone with Luke for me right now. He just doesn't have enough utility and survivability for me to use him on my main team.

This makes a lot of sense. Who are you using for high damage in your team?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Does anyone else get wrecked by Reys in Arena? I hover around 300 and sometimes go up against one that gets multiple attacks in and one shkgs half my dudes with her crits.

She's on my list of kill-first in arena. Fortunately, she doesn't have a ton of HP or high evasion or anything like that. As long as you know you need to kill her fast, she's not that bad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Unlocked Keycard battles, but it doesn't bloody say on the tin that you have to have *50* energy to start the battle before you use the key.

I'm going to hit 52 tonight/tomorrow...is this not even worth doing?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Woo, just need to wait for shipment refresh, and I can promote Sid to 5*. I'm assuming I should just keep climbing to 7 with him. I'm also a day or so out of getting Lumi to 5*. I think from there, I'll be taking Phasma to 4*, then Lumi to 7.
I'm not sure what other directions to go. I've nearly caught Luke up to Resistance Pilot in power, but he still does significantly less damage. I do need to level his abilities some more. He's still great. I love his stun in PVP, so I really want to work on getting him to 5*. However, JC is at 39/65 to 5*, and that will happen a lot faster if I'm farming him in Hard and Cantina. But...Luke is only farmable in Cantina, and that's going to take forever regardless. Too many decisions to make in this game.

I haven't really bothered with Chewie for a bit, I'd much rather get Poe as a tank, especially since he synergizes well with Pilot and Trooper.

Here's most of my cast, sorted by power. Everything below Daka is just generic.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wilekat posted:

Oh wow there's a thread for this dumb game. I can't stop playing it.

Am I totally overrating the Ewok Elder? I feel like he's goddamn ridiculous, but suffers from being a total poo poo to farm shards for.

I think he's super fantastic, but he isn't in my A-team right now for this exact reason. Until I think level 8 hard, you can only get shards from one hard quest. I've got him at level 50 (I'm level 52), 2* (1 shard short of 3), gear level V.
There are some good and bad things bout him though. Good: He attacks a lot. On average, I'd say he attacks 4 times for every 3 from another same speed. This means he blows through his cooldowns. His heal gets pretty decent as you level his abilities (25% health, and he gets decent health). Also, it removes ALL negative debuffs the higher you get it, including Sid's health debuff. Also, it has a chance to revive. Additionally, he has a revive ability, it does nothing but revive. This is amazing in GW, because if you're having a hard time with losing people on a level, bring in Lumi, JC, and Elder, and your team won't die, or someone does, you'll bring them back.
Bad: he doesn't do much damage. He doesn't have utility beyond heal/revive (e.g. Lumi's ability block).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ditto. Luke is a good B team, or sub in as DPS.

I want to see a high level Poe with Luke leading.

Regen as much as he takes on most attacks!

Add R. Pilot and you're going to see some absurd things happen.

e: Here's the crew I'm kind of starting to work towards:
Poe lead, Lumi/Barriss (I'm not going to have Barriss for a long time), Rey, R. Pilot, R. Trooper. Between the speed and the damage of this team, I feel like it will wreck a bunch of arena crews. Everyone seems to be focusing on Sid's anti-healing right now...I just want to nuke everyone.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 8, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

The problem I see is some of the stats seem to make very little sense. Physical damage for example: FOP does far more damage than Lumi yet only has like 200 more physical damage.

Yeah, I'm super confused by this. My Lumi has 40 more Physical Damage, than R. Pilot. However, R. Pilot hits about a megaton harder, crit or no.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I may have discovered an arena exploit, but I'm not sure. If you start an arena battle, then push the power button, then go back in, you will come back to a paused arena. I had 4 minutes left, so I left it paused for a minute, and it was still at 4 minutes left when I unpaused it.

So...potentially, you could start a fight at 5:30, leave it paused for 26 minutes, and then finish it?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

commish posted:

Timer goes in the background, even if you have it paused.

Oh weird, I just tested that out and got that, yeah. It shows the old time for a second, and then reverts...I noticed it this time, but not last time I guess. Oh well. I will just go back to keeping squad arena open for the last 30 minutes before 6.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Got back to 8 from the high 40s. As more people get to 60 I'm noticing it's harder to keep ranks. Initially I would drop 10 or so ranks, now I'm dropping 30-40 in a day. I'm at 21200 power. It's going to be important to find a comp that gets around the shortfalls of the AI and can routinely pull out a victory without you controlling them.

I seem to have started early-ish on a fairly low $$ server. I've also played the ever-loving poo poo out of this game, so, there's that (and spent $20). I spent 50 crystals on arena today in the hopes of holding out a higher spot, and right now I'm at 2 with an hour and a half to go, 2 attacks remaining. The highest level people on this server are level 57, while I'm level 53, and I haven't seen any 7 star leaders (mostly 5*, a handful of 6* (3rd and 4th place 6* Sids. Highest power I've seen is just shy of 18k, while I'm just above 15k. If I get lucky with a snipe (hitting a 16k), I think I can stay in the top 5 through reset.

I also think I ended up in an arena bracket that doesn't play in Pacific (US) time. I see very little jockeying around my 6PM time, which has helped me to maintain a sub 50 ranking (this is my first time going for sub 20). When I lose arena ranking, it's mostly overnight, and then again between about noon and 4 pm.

Just an hour and a half to go...c'mon, we can do it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

^^ I think I am in the same bracket as you, but I didn't start as early. I am only level 46, but have noticed I loose my ranking spot at night far more often than I do around reset. I also see a butload of barris teams at the high end, making me think the bracket might have been formed after the dokku pack ended, since she seems strong against sid, but weaker against Dokku.

I unlocked Sid and Lumi yesterday, and finished my first GW that day as well. Today I ran into a level 60 team in GW with a 59 darth vader. That was some real BS, but I managed to win after a few S/L.

I got hit from 2 to 11, and then just used my second to last attack to get back to 5. I should be able to snipe #2 at the last minute...will post about it. I'm Mal, so you can actually check the leaderboards to see if we're in the same server.

Finished 7. Set up a snipe on #2, who was less than 1k above me. Unfortunately, his team was Sid (lead), Vader, Dooku, Ren, and Barriss, which is a little better than my team of Sid, Lumi, JC, Luke, R. Pilot. It also didn't help that Vader and Sid's AOEs meant I had to burn my heals right away (instead of nuking someone), and then Dooku pulled off his usual bullshit to stun and assassinate all of my characters. And then, because I was so pissed off, I forgot to let the client time-out....and someone sniped me, putting me at 7.

All that said, 7th has some pretty sweet rewards.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I'm 2 shards away from Kylo Ren. Someone talk me down from spending cash to get enough crystals to refill my Cantina points. :ohdear:

DO IT

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I love him, I'm farming his 4th star now.

I'm working on star #5. He's pretty badass.

I'm really working to unlock Poe too. I felt like Chewie stopped being useful, and while I'd love to work on Phasma, Lumi just seems more important, so I'm currently running 5* sid, 5* lumi, 4* JC, 4* Luke, 4* R. Pilot. It's working fairly well, except today I ran into a Sid, Maul, Savage, Lumi, Kyle team that just stomped my face. That was fun....

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Wait until 49.

Heh, last night was the first night where I didn't level, I'm at 54. Guess I'll make up for that tonight.

To be honest though, I'm looking forward to 60, when I can stop using training droids on my main team and start to catch up on the others so I can progress more with missions.

On the other hand, I'm spending all my energy between gear and hard shards, so, not sure I'd do much progressing anyways.

Yup, feel the slowdown.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

Pretty sure Bronziums are where I pulled my Barris. They're usually crap but the 1:100 time they aren't its pretty great.

Except when you pull ugrurhrurhrurhhrurhrhrurhrhrhrur. Cause I just did that, today. First named character I've pulled from bronziums too...

Is he even worth leveling? He...looks really bad. On the plus side he's 4 star...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, that was some arena bullshit. Enemy Dooku leads off with a double stun. He then pulls off a stun from his basic every single turn (5 times in a row). That's supposed to be a 35% chance (I have JC/Lumi, he targeted them every time)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

buy Old Daka from Cantina shop

Use Cantina energy to star up your Jedi Consular

I think that going Poe/Luke here is just as good. I don't plan on running Daka in Arena, so she's just for GW/dark side missions. While important, I honestly think getting a successful arena group together is more important, and Poe is so goddamn good.
I didn't originally start trying to farm luke, but them I got a 3* and decided to go with it, and he's been really good. I expect to replace JC before too much longer in arena. While he's easy to star up, he isn't as good as Lumi, and every other battle in my arena group is 3+ sith, which makes each jedi a liability.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

There's all kinds of poo poo to do that's probably good, but telling a newb to just 7-star his JC isn't a bad target for them to aim at until they learn the game a little.

Eh, I am still farming his hard shards, and once I get him to 5 I will be stopping. I almost have Lumi and Sid to 6, and Luke is very nearly 5. I plan to just go straight for 7 on Luke.

The problem with taking JC to 7 is that he isn't a long-term target. Sure, you will probably always use him in missions, and frequently in GW, but beig a generic jedi is really bad in arena. Sith just kinda shits on jedi, which is why so many people run kylo, sid, dooku, and any other sith they can get their hands on...there are just a lot of lumi, jc, and barriss running around in arena.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

Still leveling (currently 46) but on a younger server, highest I can see in Arena rankings is level 54, and trying to decide on my main five to focus on for Arena, and whom to leave as extras for GW. I usually hang around the 50-100 ranks with a team of Luke 4*, Poe 4*, JC 3*, FOTP 3* and either Daka 4* or Talia 4* (I think I prefer playing with Talia, but the AI is stupid with her so usually leave Daka in last battle to hold rank a bit better). However I just finished farming Sidious and will have Luminara tomorrow, would it be worth leveling and gearing either of them and adding to team? Who would be replaced and why? Sorry for newbie questions but still learning. Seems that levels, credits, droids, gear are serious investments time wise now, hence the questions.

Nice! That's already a solid squad. Lumi + JC make an excellent healing squad. However, you do have to make the decision between Poe and Daka (cantina shipments), and that will determine your healing squad. Right now I'm trying to farm Poe, and I plan to take him to 7 because he might be the best tank. If you plan to do that, use Lumi and JC. However, if you want to focus on starring Daka, use Daka and Lumi. Until you can farm more shards for FOTP I would recommend running Sid in his place. Stars are so important in this game.
I would recommend farming Luke in Cantina, Poe in cantina shipments, Sid in Arena shipments, and Lumi in GW shipments. Then, keep farming JC shards in hard to get him to 4 or 5 stars...he continues to be a decent healer.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I want him for GW revives honestly. I had a stupid case where Sid was heavily dotted. and I retreated, I come back in he has 0 health and dies when healed. I brought Dakka in but the heal didn't res. I'd even checked to see how close I was to Elder before just finishing the GW with 5s instead of Sid.

At some point, I want to star up Daka and Ewok Elder, and throw them both in Arena for my last match so that people have to deal with double revives, but it's a super long term plan. Getting Poe to 7 first, and Ewok hard shards are lower priority than others.

E: also just got Luke to 5*, super excited to see the power difference in action (game showed a 500 point jump). Also, spent my ability shards on his leader, going to go into arena today with 37% tenacity. I think this is really worth it, because I have a hard time dealing with all the debuffs and stuns going around. I will miss the Sid crit bonuses though...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 13, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

According to CG there is absolutely nothing wrong with proc rates on defense, they went and checked the code. We must all be crazy

I'm pretty sure they are just blatantly lying to us until they figure out how to make the AI less idiotic. With how bad the AI is, I don't even blame them for doing that, but it's stupidly frustrating to see the procs off Dooku, Phasma, and similar champs.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Oh yeah, been meaning to post this...managed to win though:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

stopgap1 posted:

The Force is strong with this one.

"Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them."

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I forgot that there is one downside to farming Luke in Cantina over JC - you get Cantina shipments a little bit slower. I did the math, and for every 400 cantina points/whatevers you spend, you'd get an extra 30 if you'd farmed JC instead. So, roughly, for every 65 shards you earned for Poe/Daka/whatever by farming Luke, you'd get an extra 5 if you'd been farming JC. Not terribly significant, but, over enough time it becomes something. However, there is a later quest you can farm Luke on, and I don't know the cost/reward for that (might be the same as JC, not sure), but I'm going to start progressing just so that I can find out....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I keep getting the red alerts on my character tab, but can't see anything to train/upgrade when I look at the characters, what incredibly obvious thing am I missing??

I have a theory, but I am way past the point of being able to test it. I think that whenever a sub-item for gear is able to be crafted, it counts that as a thing.

• Locked thread