Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

What governs who you're put up against in GW? I think my account is only level 44 and my characters were all hovering around 40, but then today I got put up against some dudes whose characters were in the low 50s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

They keep claiming one thing, but then also letting us know that the system doesn't work right. The current claim is that it uses the highest power group that you've used to win in Arena. But, like I said, it isn't working right, so you end up with weird loving matches.

That's what I thought it was, but level-wise my characters have been frozen at their positions for a few days now, so I thought it was strange to suddenly get saddled with 50+ opponents. Ah well.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why does Biggs' description say he has "built in ship synergies"? Was this dropped content or something?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I was looking forward to the GW changes, but I'm still getting matched up with characters that're 13 levels higher than mine from an account that's seven levels higher than my own

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

How does the event work, exactly? Do I need a full team at 7* to unlock him, or does he unlock earlier and you have to beat the 7* battle to promote him to 7*?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Awesome, thanks.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Syrinxx posted:

Sure would be nice if I didn't face 12 loving GW nodes in a row every single day that have Sidious in them

It's even more fun when your main team is mostly Jedi. I get that Sidious is supposed to be anti-Jedi but his dodge rate is just stupid.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Are your GW opponents still ostensibly tied to your arena team's power rating? Because my arena team has been sitting at 11,699 for quite awhile while I level my main team, yet in GW I'm getting thrown up against teams that have to be 2-2.5 times the power rating of my arena dudes. If I weren't sandbagging in arena I'd probably be hosed.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jenny Angel posted:

I don't think a single attempt to cheese GW by doing something special with your arena team has ever been shown to reliably work, so it's probably not worth it to maintain

This is very disappointing news.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

thechalkoutline posted:

Yes, all we know is one part of the equation is the highest team you have ever won an arena match with, per the CG posts.

Previously, emphasis was on "one part of the equation" but my months of experience have bourne out that it is a significant part of the equation.

For example, I fought the classic whale teams for months; ever since I stalled out my arena power, I stopped seeing them.

Why? Because it draws from a pool of candidates within a given power (someone actually mapped it out and it was roug90% of your total) and if you're significantly depressed from the current "cap" where the whales are racing you will get subpar teams, because that's who's rocking those power ratings

I wish I'd read this before reading someone else's post here and deciding to plow ahead in arena with my non-sandbagging team. Yesterday was the first time in, I dunno, two months maybe where I wasn't able to complete GW, and now I'm getting caught up less than halfway through the nodes. I don't have enough credits/droids/stars to field a reliable 2nd team (and I'll be damned if I spend money on this game), so any time I lose a character I have to restart, and I'm quickly losing my patience with trying to figure out the one key combo that gets me through without someone dying.

Is everyone sure it's not the highest team you LAST won with vs. highest ever?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

thechalkoutline posted:

It's highest ever, per the dev post, though their community liasons have been known to be misinformed.

It is unfortunate that full clearing GW is one of the few must-do's as it represents the vast majority of your daily credit income

However, luckily for you, even with high arena power, GW can still be trivialized! The keys to doing so are, in this order, assuming fully complete characters:

- Barriss Offee
- JC
- Lumi

It is difficult to explain how much of game breaker Offee is; most people think she's used to heal around heal block but that's not the case at all, I go days without using her heal.

It's because the sheer amount of passive sustain heal she brings with her basic HP up and per-character HP up at start of turn, which only got better as fights slowed down, my healers are able to heal 2-4 times every fight and still end fights with 0 cd

I have Lumi and JC at 7* and 6* (maxed out Lumi before I screwed myself in GW), but I'm only 68 so I don't have access to Barris's node yet. I had already planned on making her my priority once I hit 69 and unlock her cantina battle, and for the past few weeks I've been buying her shards whenever they show up in shipments.

I shouldn't complain too much because I was also able to max out Phasma before things became frustratingly difficult, and while it'd be nice to have a maxed out IG86 and Poggle, they're not must-haves for me at the moment.

That said, I still find this whole armor mechanic to be infuriating. Here, have fun chewing through opponents' armor in every single GW battle while you lost all of yours back in node 3.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Accepted my invite. Thanks a bunch, Mal!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Is a First Order team any good? FOTP, FOST and First Order Officer with a Phasma lead sound like they'd be pretty brutal, at least on paper.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Add another name to the IGD-can't-log-in pile.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

They're going to reimburse us with a free 7* character. You can have anyone you want, so long as it's Ugnaught.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

This game could use a Jedi anti-sith character. Dark side gets Sidious and Dooku, but there doesn't seem to be any Jedi dudes who get bonuses against Sith.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

cowofwar posted:

They've probably got one planned. Like jedi luke. Probably improves accuracy or something.

I really just want someone who negates Sidious's jedi dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Disco De Soto posted:

What makes Galactic War such a chore at high levels? Do hitpoints start to dramatically outpace damage? Or is it the gear that adds too much protection?

I'm at level 64 now and my team of QGJizz, Luminara, Ashoka, IG-86 and Jedi Obama melts through it in under 30 min.

Protection is a large part of it. Some enemies essentially have double health because of it, which drags out the fight and removes your ability to take out their heavy hitters early in the match. Consequently, you're getting screwed by the fact that you lost all your protection back on node 2 and it never comes back, allowing the enemy team to wail on your guys and, if you're particularly unlucky, take out some of your dudes and force you to restart.

As has been said countless times in this thread, Barris is a necessity. I just got her and was able to go from not being able to complete GW to being able to get all the way through, just in double the time that it used to take me. Before protection was added, I was able to get through it all in less than half an hour like you.

Enemy team comp has something to do with it too. I hope you like Sidious, because you'll be seeing him like all the goddamn time (even better when your GW team is mostly Jedi, as yours is).

• Locked thread