Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Qui-Gon is my PvP MVP. Around gear level 5 he can get extremely short cooldowns on his abilities, and his second one triggers an ally assist at like 50% boosted damage or something. His other one is a cleanse on the enemy which is great for taking Taunt off Chewies.

I think he might be pack only though? I got lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How do the gem prizes for Galactic War work? The amount displayed never seems to make any logical sense with what it gives you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not that part, I mean when you open the little chests. It regularly displays 200, 400 or even 600 but you only get 100 or 200.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The 2 pilots are incredibly powerful for some reason too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phasma sucks though.

iOS also got the great, overpowered Resistance Trooper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Metos posted:

Phasma's pretty much been the key point of my team for as long as I've had her. Nothing totally ruins someone's day like attacking with a resistance trooper and landing expose and +turn from it, popping that expose with anyone next turn and getting the resistance trooper to attack as the leader ability proc, landing an expose and gaining +turn, getting the trooper his turn again from from the +turn and shooting again, popping expose and landing expose again and having any other character attack with the leader ability proc to pop it.

All of that happens in two characters' move time, potentially before anyone else gets a move in. Tanks just fall over dead instantly sometimes, and the stars align more often than they should.

Android also got resistance trooper as their third character FYI.

Too slow, all those characters are already dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should move Bariss over to the Sith side since she's a traitor anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Resistance Pilot is more likely bugged than meant to be good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kill the droids first if you can't handle it that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If that's the case you wouldn't be able to kill Savage himself anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He gets the defense debuff when you hit him with a status effect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I do Anakin, Vader, Luminara, Dooku and Qui-Gon.

I'm not sure about Vader though, his damage feels low. Might go back to Lando, he hits surprisingly hard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's weaker at 4 than many others at 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Depends how casually you're going to be playing this game.

If you're going all in, then you'll want to be using them for energy refills.

Personally, I use them for pulls because I'm just playing this game to mash together my Star Wars mans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Credits don't matter anymore once you get access to GW, but it does suck before that sometimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay well the game gives you more than enough if you don't pump crystals into resets, which is reasonable.

I mean I wouldn't say no to more but I use less than I earn every day and I'm up to 7 million.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Not sure what you mean by that. I need like 2 million credits over the next day, and that doesn't take into consideration crafting equipment or actually training any character's.

Yeah but you're doing all kinds of energy buying every day.

I'll take the extra credits if they want to give them, but right now you get more than enough if you're not min-maxing payments and time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Not really. Wait until you have two characters that need promotion from Arena and GW within a day or two. When that Lumi needs 7* and Sidious needs his 6th or so. That's a poo poo ton of credits.

But nobody who isn't doing what you are is going to have that occur.

And if they do they'll have the millions banked from the lower amounts they spend every other day.

I mean I don't care if they do it, it just seems like a weird thing for them to mention.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 4, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I beat GW my very first time without retreating or closing, and with the same team without losing anyone. It was dumb luck though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Packs need to give more shards to be worthwhile. Or lower the shard count for premium-only characters.

The difference between 4 star and 6 is too big, so free farmable characters are going to be the best for a long time. A 6 star Qui-Gon is probably the loving Apocalypse but it would cost you like $500.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's no Kimoji though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hughlander posted:

Oh man. I failed the str gear challenge cuz I just auto it and target the droids as needed. Auto Vader saber tossed Tarkin taking all the debuffs and then Tarkin went and did the one shot AE. Funniest thing I've seen in game.

I like seeing just how big a shot I can land in that battle.

Throw as many debuffs and buffs up as possible, get Vader the dead droid buff and toss the saber.

My best is only like 38k so far. I think I can do better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're only open for 1 hour once you use a key too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not consistent though.

Some characters are trivial to get to 6, some are terrible. Anakin for example has like 5 slots that need purple materials to get to 6, including 2 that just give him 15 tenacity each.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually it looks like that's 6->7, not 5->6 but the rest stands. I had purple Vader basically as soon as I got him, but I don't think I even have a place to farm the materials for Anakin yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FO Pilot was if you played last month I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Wow, getting Old Daka to gear level 4 is really energy intensive.

I spent 100 crystals for a single purple... round thing. I don't know what the names of these are.

I need like 60 total.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Except for loving Dooku.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Talia is also useful for the Savage Oppress challenge because her debuff is guaranteed if he doesn't resist it and it lasts a while.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jibo posted:

Day one of purp grinding and I'm averaging 2 material drops per 120 stamina. Is that supposed to be so low? It's going to take weeks to get people up to 7.

Matches my experience, so probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

300 energy, zero drops. It's getting silly now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

I've never seen anything that bad. Maybe 120 energy and no drops. I do think some purples have better drop rates than others.

Yeah, me neither. It's especially annoying because I only need 2 more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They very well may have. It's been out 6 weeks. It takes longer than that to train new staff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drgnwr1 posted:

I just started playing this yesterday and am level 23. Ally code: 362-949-592.

Is it more worth it to save up my crystals to buy the Chromium Mega-Pack, since I only really have the starting guys right now, energy refills, more arena battles, or certain shipment items (training droids or specific data cards)?

It can be, there's a 99.9999% chance it isn't.

You could in theory get Qui-Gon and enough shards to make him like 6 stars in one pack, but you won't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retreat retains cooldown status, damage, deaths etc.

A force close is as if you never started the fight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coffeehitler posted:

And all it gets you in GW is weakened guys as far as I can tell, since the only thing that nullifies the battle is the force close trick/exploit.

it also clears debuffs which can be worth it over a bit of damage.

And if you have the right speed match-ups you can pop in and take out certain opponents, then retreat and do it again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I blow all my energy farming, guess I need to use it on progress for a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's what, 25 shards? 30?

You're only setting yourself back 3 days or so. May as well just finish it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I'm gonna say it, the dumb Bronzium packs shouldn't award a loving thing but shards (commonly) or characters (rarely). Getting 300 credits or a piece of gear that none of my toons can put to use is loving ridiculous.

Well, you do get like 7 guaranteed a day. They would probably want to reduce that rate if they made them good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually I forgot that you only get single shards from them, not 12 like the others one. That would be fine.

• Locked thread