Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fourside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Some of the ones from Tales of Symphonia I remember being nice.. the snow village where COllette crushes on you I think.. and the pirate port town. Sorry its been a while eheh.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Some of the ones from Tales of Symphonia I remember being nice.. the snow village where COllette crushes on you I think.. and the pirate port town. Sorry its been a while eheh.

JRPG snowfeels are unparalleled.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it Condor Mountain or whatever, the mountain thing I'm thinking of.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fort Condor...

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Fort Condor...
Yah, although Red XIII is from Cosmo Canyon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Yah, although Red XIII is from Cosmo Canyon.

Well didn't he have homies in Fort Condor or something. I remember something with him in Fort Condor.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe their just similar locales that my brain got confused. Fort Condor is where you buy I think the Butterfly Edge or something buster sword which is badass for a while though, at least it was for my playthrough.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OMG turns out according to the Final Fantasy Wiki, that that sword was also in Cosmo Canyon. Well what the gently caress... What is it that I remember about Fort Condor besides the minigame.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Wormskull posted:

OMG turns out according to the Final Fantasy Wiki, that that sword was also in Cosmo Canyon. Well what the gently caress... What is it that I remember about Fort Condor besides the minigame.
Probably just that, that's pretty much all you do there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well hell I probably don't even like Fort Condor that much then. I guess I'll say it's tied with Cosmo Canyon until I play through again.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Cosmo Canyon was extremely cool and a place I would definitely love to visit

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
In fact, I look forward to visiting it again in final Fantasy VII remake on my PC

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

South Park, from the South Park game.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Chill Penguin posted:

In fact, I look forward to visiting it again in final Fantasy VII remake on my PC

for real, although i hope they dont go ape poo poo with the episodic thing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

for real, although i hope they dont go ape poo poo with the episodic thing

"If you will it, dude, it is no dream. Theodor Herzl, State of Israel."
     Walter Sobchak

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The village in Tibet in Uncharted 2

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Soleanna

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New Pork City

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Enhasa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I forget the name since it's been 15 years or so but the mountain settlement where you can do the army minigame and Red XIII is from there or something is probably up there for me, being a fan of mountain settlements.

Oh the place with the planetarium? Very cool town.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In a big fan, in general, of towns with caves in the back somewhere, and the cave is FULL OF MONSTERS, HERO and you have to clear out the cave to calm the townsfolk.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Okami had some extremely cozy towns.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
inaba

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I remember some town in Ultima 6 or 7 that had a weirdo alchemist in it and if you broke into their house they had a backdoor entrance into a dungeon. My baby brain thought that discovering this probably-serial-killer alchemist guy's dungeon was the coolest thing ever, back then. This is different though because I don't think other people in town knew about it, just that the dude was weird or something.

The city underneath the mansion in Alone in the Dark was pretty cool, too. Would be neat if graphics were invented before they made that game, though.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

In a big fan, in general, of towns with caves in the back somewhere, and the cave is FULL OF MONSTERS, HERO and you have to clear out the cave to calm the townsfolk.

The water gym leader's town in pokemon ruby/sapphire fits this description, and that town was awesome. Probably best in Emerald version

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ni no Kuni did have some great towns... I can't decide if al-Mamoon or Castaway Cove is my favorite. I really like al-Mamoon's whole 1001-nights thing it's got going on but Castaway Cove is like somewhere Jimmy Buffett would sing about

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

are there any heavily Arabic or Middle Eastern inspired open world games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gerudo Valley

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad (Arabic: الطائر ابن لا أحد‎, meaning "The Bird Son of No One") is a fictional character in the Assassin's Creed series.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
ever hear of a little game called Assassin's Creed?? This game was developed by a diverse team of people with a variety of ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NOT ASSASSSINS CREED!!!!!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Quest for Glory 2 was a Sierra adventure game with some rpg elements and a less linear progression than their usual games. I'm not sure if they ever made a remake that wasn't EGA graphics tho

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I'm going to be that guy and say whatever the hub town in Planescape is called.

Sierra never did a remake of QfG II, but some third party did a VGA version and it's not bad.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BgRdMchne posted:

I'm going to be that guy and say whatever the hub town in Planescape is called.

Sierra never did a remake of QfG II, but some third party did a VGA version and it's not bad.

That town really sucked because it was super spread out so you spent more time in the hub between 'acts' than you did in the actual game.

net cafe scandal posted:

Have you tried crusader kings 2

I don't think there are any off the top of my head, except fail assassins creed games of course.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

That town really sucked because it was super spread out so you spent more time in the hub between 'acts' than you did in the actual game.

It's like an ugly girl. It had personality.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

A Souls-style FROM Software game based on 1,001 Arabian Nights.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

There was an old D&D game based on the Al-Qadim world.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Dragon Quest games are filled with turbans and poo poo because Toriyama is obsesed with them. if that counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A Souls-style FROM Software game based on 1,001 Arabian Nights.

J00 will give this to me nao.

• Locked thread