Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Willie Tomg posted:

It's not "actively" anything when you use the verb let for goodness sake. jesus christ no wonder everyone's confused, illiteracy abounds

So your position is that Capital is naturally and inherently destructive and therefore the best thing to do is let it destroy freely? I don't see how b follows from a.

Especially since it can get so, so much worse than it is right now, without even getting close to your your mythical world-shaping :airquote: crisis point. :airquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Willie Tomg posted:

No, my position for the purposes of this specific thread because y'all are gormless limpid fuckers who cannot rebut the apocalypse is that Capitalism has created an edifice that has destroyed base leftist populism. My cite for that is the last 30 years of world history. Let it create further still for only wonders portend. My cite for that is the last century.

terms like "worse" or "better" are gadflies for losers. Que sera sera, and internet posters will comment upon it I'm sure.

Isn't there a rule against drunkposting?

I'm sure that you already realise that you are arguing that making other (poorer, less-white) people suffer will be worth it in the long run. After all, aren't the means always justified by the ends? Especially if those ends are inevitable.

E: Sorry, because I know you'll pedantically take issue with this, you're technically arguing in favour of letting something else make other, poorer, less-white people suffer. Because it will be worth it.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 22, 2015

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Don't expect D&D to know much about leftism. They're too self absorbed in their liberal Fukuyamaist "western civilization has reached its end point and there no other political alternative other than milquetoast reform".

Tell me more about the Something Awful hiveminds, I'm intrigued and you seem to speak with some authority on them.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

No; I will not take my Meds; I have taken my Meds for this day; I take them with Break Fast; further more an event that could feasibly lead to an Extinction is an Extinction Event; when the Population is thus depleted (ten thousand to twenty thousand [10,000-20,000] Individuals of Breeding Capacity) the Survival of the Species becomes In Doubt; a chance event such as further Climate Deterioration; a Natural Disaster; a Locust Infestation; a Disease; could result in Extinction; thus the Chances of an Extinction are roughly equal to the chances of a Survival and the only difference is the Grace Of G-d; this is an Extinction Event because there is no Phrase for Possible Extinction Event; or Probable Extinction Event; or even for Likely Extinction Event Given the Correct Circumstances. Furthermore the Cheetah Population has high Genetic Homogeneity due to the small size; attributed to Poaching; Few Individuals provides a Small Genetic Resource; and the commonality of Shared Genes becomes High.

Good to know that low-effort trolling still has a place on these forums.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Obdicut posted:

Yeah you would, anyone know knows poo poo about history knows that isn't true. There are a lot of empires and nations that waxed and waned, waxed and waned. A parabolic path would be the exception, not the rule.

You really are bad at making arguments, and I think you may also not know that many things.

Ah but you see, all empires that have ever existed and ended have at some point been small, then grown larger, then become smaller again.

According to the I'm An Aging Physicist and Here Is What I Think About Your Field methodology, this means that all empires have followed generally parabolic paths.

Imagine a perfectly spherical Rome on a frictionless historical plane...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Obdicut posted:

Rodney may be trying to be the next Otter Guy.

He definitely picked up the one-run-on-sentence-per-post style from that dude, but Otter Guy's thing was the abuse of BBcode tags, not random capitalisations. Was it both? I don't remember that well.

• Locked thread