Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

im gay posted:

Large portions of Earth will be uninhabitable in a few hundred years, nothing matters. Kill yourself or just have fun.

Hahaha, you think it'll take anywhere near that long. I'm gonna vote hillary so at least gay people will be able to get married and a few dozen non-white refugees might be able to enter the glorious us of a while the ecobomy continues to collapse into rich people's mouths and the dead oceans reclaim florida and a bunch of poor people countries

Woolie Wool posted:

I wouldn't call starting and losing a giant war, 7 million dead Germans, millions more used as slave laborers by the Allies for several years, the permanent loss of the Prussian heartland to Poland, occupation, the Morgenthau Plan, the indignities of the denazification programs, several million more Germans ethnically cleansed from surrounding countries, and a 45-year partition in which a third of the country was a brutal Stalinist police state to be a "win for the German people". It was the worst thing that ever happened to them, only balanced out by the fact that the things they did to others were worse still.

They didn't even get rid of German fascism, it's still kicking.

a small price to pay to keep those darn dratted leftists out of power!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ocrumsprug posted:

Change and coming to the realization that you are considering a loon by the population at large would seem to be very different things. Full Disclosure: I'm not American, so maybe there is something fundamental to the American psyche that makes those equivalent. :iiam:

Let's turn this around: What margin does Trump need to lose the general by that would make a current Trump supporter go "Hmmm, maybe the problem is me"?

My point is that there is no realistically achievable number that will accomplish that, due to the dual problem of who you are talking about and the non-problematic members of Red Team voting. If you think I am wrong, let's see a number instead of inferring baffling rationales for my post.

The hypothesis is fatally flawed anyway, because if Trump loses, they'll conclude that some sort of vote-fixing or other political manipulation was performed by the winner to steal the election from Trump. Don't underestimate people's ability to rationalize.

• Locked thread