Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
It is inevitable that the Human Species will be faced by an Extinction Event caused by drastic Climate Change resulting in inclement weather; decreased Crop Production; desertification of Living Areas and subsequent Migration to more temperate Areas resulting in wide spread conflict and War Fare. However it is not likely that the Human Species will become entirely Extinct [no longer existant as a Species except by our Fossil Record and the ruins of our Civilisations] due to our severe adaptability and ingenuity; another Extinction Event occurred very early in pre history (approx. the Seventieth Century Before Christ [70,000 BC]) when the Toba Super Volcano erupted; causing intense Climate Disruptions that resulted in over whelming Death Rates; scattering of the Population; narrowing of the Genetic Resource available to the Human Race; resulting in Genetic Homogeneity similar to that of the Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus); yet the Population recovered and attained its current Density; in fact Indonesia (the location of the Toba Super Volcano) is a very densely populated Region in the Year 2016. There fore we should not be concerned about the Extinction of the Human Species; it is unlikely that Total Extinction will occur as in the case of the Dinosaurs; because Dinosaurs were not intelligent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

No; I will not take my Meds; I have taken my Meds for this day; I take them with Break Fast; further more an event that could feasibly lead to an Extinction is an Extinction Event; when the Population is thus depleted (ten thousand to twenty thousand [10,000-20,000] Individuals of Breeding Capacity) the Survival of the Species becomes In Doubt; a chance event such as further Climate Deterioration; a Natural Disaster; a Locust Infestation; a Disease; could result in Extinction; thus the Chances of an Extinction are roughly equal to the chances of a Survival and the only difference is the Grace Of G-d; this is an Extinction Event because there is no Phrase for Possible Extinction Event; or Probable Extinction Event; or even for Likely Extinction Event Given the Correct Circumstances. Furthermore the Cheetah Population has high Genetic Homogeneity due to the small size; attributed to Poaching; Few Individuals provides a Small Genetic Resource; and the commonality of Shared Genes becomes High.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Do Not Give Sass to Me; a Population Bottle Neck is a reduction of the Population but Extinction is not a Possibility; however if the Climate under goes dramatic Change there will be a Distinct Possibility of Full Extinction; due to on going Effects of Climate Change on the Weather; Creatures; Human Health and Disease; etcetera; however a Major Depopulation Event (e.g. [for example] a Meteor Impact; a Solar Flare; Yellow Stone Super Volcano Eruption) will cause relatively few on going Effects; the Population that survives the initial disaster will likely survive to Reproduce; and Repopulate. You do not know any thing about Extinction Events; or Cheetahs; Genetic Diversity is not a Selected Trait; it is a Disaster Event for a Species.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Somfin posted:

Good to know that low-effort trolling still has a place on these forums.
You Should Shut Up! I will Not Tolerate any rude speech when I am speaking on my Areas of Expertise.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

I am Highly Literate; I achieve Results in Reading Comprehension with in the top 0.1% of the ESL Population; I am not Schizophrenic; do not accuse me of Mental Imbalances; I am trying to discuss Human Extinction; the possibility there of; and the repercussions.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Somfin posted:

Imagine a perfectly spherical Rome on a frictionless historical plane...
?????????????

History is not an Object; it is a State Of Being; and a Knowledge Archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

My Previous Account was removed due to Moderator Prejudice.

• Locked thread