Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Rodatose posted:

Accelerationism relies on the narcissistic belief that, if things got worse, people who were uninformed of systemic problems would come to see the same objective truth you see, because it's so obvious. When in reality, the perception of systemic problems can be shaped heavily by media, and those who are in power are going to have a better chance of coordinating their media to shape uninformed people's perceptions, and in doing so, convince them to work in ways to reinforce their positions of power.

Well the true accelerationist hardcore go with the Olduvai scenario. It doesn't matter who holds the means of production when the means of production gradually dissolve as the biosphere becomes too poor to support intensive cultivation, and humanity falls back into the Stone Age forever. Where they're going, we don't need media. Or literacy. Or agriculture. Or 95% of the people currently alive. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I'm actually making fun of it, but I suppose it should be obvious you're far too up your own rear end to recognize comedy on a comedy internet forum.

P.S. your precious resistance efforts haven't amounted to poo poo, they were either co-opted by the Soviet empire (and dessicated and blew away when the Soviets were no longer there to prop them up), destroyed by the American empire, or degenerated into oligarchic kleptocracy. Capital crushes people like you without even the slightest effort.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 10, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Saeku posted:

OK, that's one answer. But how is the working class going to come together globally? Is there even a unified global working class? The conditions of a US service worker, Chinese factory worker, and Congolese miner are completely different, and the American worker reaps benefits (in the form of cheap food and goods) from the exploitation of the non-Western worker.

Now we need a Maoist-Third Worldist to come in and start a flamewar with the orthodox Marxists.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I wouldn't call starting and losing a giant war, 7 million dead Germans, millions more used as slave laborers by the Allies for several years, the permanent loss of the Prussian heartland to Poland, occupation, the Morgenthau Plan, the indignities of the denazification programs, several million more Germans ethnically cleansed from surrounding countries, and a 45-year partition in which a third of the country was a brutal Stalinist police state to be a "win for the German people". It was the worst thing that ever happened to them, only balanced out by the fact that the things they did to others were worse still.

They didn't even get rid of German fascism, it's still kicking.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 12, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

If there's one thing we can learn from analyzing electoral college results, it's that the electoral college must be destroyed.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

actually Mojo Jojo would be more readable than you are

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

No; I will not take my Meds; I have taken my Meds for this day; I take them with Break Fast; further more an event that could feasibly lead to an Extinction is an Extinction Event; when the Population is thus depleted (ten thousand to twenty thousand [10,000-20,000] Individuals of Breeding Capacity) the Survival of the Species becomes In Doubt; a chance event such as further Climate Deterioration; a Natural Disaster; a Locust Infestation; a Disease; could result in Extinction; thus the Chances of an Extinction are roughly equal to the chances of a Survival and the only difference is the Grace Of G-d; this is an Extinction Event because there is no Phrase for Possible Extinction Event; or Probable Extinction Event; or even for Likely Extinction Event Given the Correct Circumstances. Furthermore the Cheetah Population has high Genetic Homogeneity due to the small size; attributed to Poaching; Few Individuals provides a Small Genetic Resource; and the commonality of Shared Genes becomes High.

Speaking of Mojo Jojo...

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 25, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Obdicut posted:

It's kind of cool thinking about the variety, actually. Ancient Egypt: Just a fuckton of waxing and waning over thousands of years, one of the most long-lasting empires of all time, and yet there were times it barely existed, where it looked as though it would vanish. Ghenghis Kahn's empire rose like a flood, and then after his death, split into smaller but still quite stable empires. Rome: a slow local rise, a faster conquering of surrounding lands, a stagnation, a split into West and East with West resurging and falling back over and over, finally basically being absorbed by Germanic kingdoms and transforming them into a much more "Roman" one that lasted a hell of a long time itself, up until the age of gunpowder. The East changing and mutating but hanging on, sometimes basically just Byzantium.

I can't actually think of a single empire that followed a parabolic path.

Let's not forget Imperial China, which fragmented and re-coalesced numerous times over a period of around 3,000 years. It literally fell and rose over and over again.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

think they are the same person.

why is it mentally ill people always type The Same Way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophasia

According to Prester John, all the capitalized words are used for concepts invented by the schizophrenic person that cannot really be translated into normal language, either because they're extremely esoteric (like her capital-A Authoritarians) or they just make no sense.

E: it's actually strange to me that we even call it "schizophrenia" because it seems to be less about splitting things (the schiz- prefix) than about interweaving every single idea ever into an impenetrable tangle of overlapping patterns, hence why they so often go for conspiracy theories, since the reality they perceive might as well be one giant conspiracy theory.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 25, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

BrandorKP posted:

Capitalized words also get used to connote God. Or that an ideal form beyond the word being used is being referred to. But they are also indicative of referencing beyond language, or beyond the symbolic.

Now that I think of it, otter guy didn't capitalize everything just because he was crazy (though he was), but because he had a fetish for the way the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were written so he applied Capitalization to all the Nouns as part of his attempt to write like a village idiot in 1776.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

He's pulling an Enhydra lutris-esque (ie the otter guy who got banned for posting goatse in the I/P thread a while ago) gimmick by capitalizing every other noun or adjective for emphasis and writing in the style of overly formal 1800s gentry.

In other words, yes, he's trolling.

Otter guy typed like a wannabe 18th century gentleman, Quidam Viator types like a wannabe postmodern academic, RODNEY THE RACEHOR just types like a schizophrenic and probably is one.

• Locked thread