Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Hey a 360 video thread! I just finished a two year contract doing some marketing and sales support stuff for these guys, it's a pretty cool space, lots of innovation. One note on the head mounted camera, we've done very similar projects, watch out for camera movement. Using a gimbal and helmet worked out ok. You want to minimize random camera movements - those lead to barforama moments.

Oh, and there's plenty of players that will work on Gear VR/Cardboard. The IM360 player is free and can load local content for Cardboard (iOS/Android) and Gear VR. I think Kolor has a Cardboard player that's freely available as well. I don't know of solutions for Oculus/Steam VR yet, we build Unity apps for those usually.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

RizieN posted:

Please let me know how you like the Nokia. The design looks crazy.

Would you say that having less lenses would matter to you? I see a lot of 360 degree cameras that have multiple lenses/sensors, where as ours are only one lens/sensor. I'm not sure the consumer even cares though.

You didn't ask me but I'll chime in! One of the nice thing about fewer than 6 lenses is it reduces the complexity of stitching (and has the added synchronization etc.) benefits. Also I'd imagine with a single lens you can use larger higher quality optics without being concerned about creating odd parallax errors - the prototype RED rigs I've seen have this problem. Are you using a parabolic mirror?

• Locked thread