Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadRunner
Jul 14, 2003
Hi All,

I haven't seen a 360 video thread here, so I thought I'd start one, I got into 360 Video primarily via VR, & have my own channel.

are there any other goons making 360 Videos for youtube? if so lets see your work!

my latest project has pole dancing & circus fitness, while not nsfw discretion may be advised in work! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayNCaU6-2Dw (use chrome)

best viewed in a VR headset such as gear VR, but a cheapo google cardboard head will do,
otherwise use the youtube app on android/ios to look around, or use your mouse to change the viewpoint

let me know what you guys think & would love to see your 360 videos (especially 360 stereo as there aint much out there that I've found!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadRunner
Jul 14, 2003
we're filming using multiple gopro's, we use Autopano video to stitch them together, its pretty labour intensive but wort the effort :)
what cameras are you attempting to use? resolutions frame rates etc? seems intresting. if you post some raw footage i'll see what I can do with it if I run it through autopano.

I've messed around with creating my own 360 player with unity (its a nightmare) & it eventually turned out quite well, does UE4 have better VR support? specifically cardboard?

have a DK2 + a Gear VR, but honestly for development work.. all you need is an android phone & cardboard :) the results aren't *great* but its proof of concept :)

RoadRunner
Jul 14, 2003

RizieN posted:

That's been a concern of mine as well, I think in an oculus it'd be fine to have head movement, since your eyes would adjust and follow the focal point anyway. But for a youtube, yea, that's shakey. I also, want to make other style mounts/housings for the camera that you could place in a scene and walk away from as well.

I have actually found the opposite, for straight youtube 360 video, movement is fine.. but in a vr environment you will get motion sick pretty quick, (unless you are in some sort of cockpit)

For your project, you would actually want the raw footage, then you would stitch & dewarp in post production

• Locked thread