Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Agh. I need wins in my roto league and that stupid long rain delay caused Eickhoff to get pulled out of the game before he could pitch 5 innings. Meanwhile, my offense is making GBS threads all over its dick.

And in H2H, we use quality starts as a category and I had two guys pitch well but only go 5 innings (Lackey and Kennedy). drat you, wacky poo poo that happens during the last week of the regular season!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
somehow made the finals in my 16-team dynasty league even though strasburg, cole, pomeranz and marte bit the the dust at the end of the season. Second place for the second straight year nice

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have been super lucky in streaming pitchers the past week. The last three pitchers have given up 1 run or less, and last night was Nolasco's 8-inning shutout. I am sort of worried about going to this well again and again.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
100 R, 36 HR, 97 RBI, .300.

Where does Robby Cano (don't cha know) get drafted next year? I jumped on him in the mid-50s this year, thinking it was a bargain, and was not disappointed. 3rd round?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Moneyball posted:

100 R, 36 HR, 97 RBI, .300.

Where does Robby Cano (don't cha know) get drafted next year? I jumped on him in the mid-50s this year, thinking it was a bargain, and was not disappointed. 3rd round?

That sounds about right. After Altuve in the first round he will probably be preranked as the next highest 2B. Then a clump of Dozier, Villar, Gordon, Murphy, Odor and Segura in no particular order. Cano probably kicks off a middle infield run.

E: and Kinsler

E2: what will be interesting is who will be the consensus No. 2 behind Trout? Mookie, Harper, Altuve, Bryant, Arenado, Goldschmidt or Scherzer?

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 28, 2016

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Pandanaut posted:

That sounds about right. After Altuve in the first round he will probably be preranked as the next highest 2B. Then a clump of Dozier, Villar, Gordon, Murphy, Odor and Segura in no particular order. Cano probably kicks off a middle infield run.

E: and Kinsler

E2: what will be interesting is who will be the consensus No. 2 behind Trout? Mookie, Harper, Altuve, Bryant, Arenado, Goldschmidt or Scherzer?

Also Donaldson and Kershaw possibly.

I think Bryant will be #2 followed by Mookie Arenado Altuve.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Prediction: No pitchers taken in the first round

1. Trout
2. Mookie
3. Bryant
4. Arenado
5. Donaldson
6. Altuve
7. Machado
8. Harper
9. Goldschmidt
10. Rizzo

Maybe?

Scherzer, Miggy, Stanton, Correa, Kershaw, Votto, Edwing, Seager, Sale, Bumgarner in the next several picks?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't see Kershaw or Scherzer not going in the first round, because by the draft we'll all have forgotten about gently caress. Pitching.™ and well, it's Kersh and Mad Max.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kershaw is gonna slide in between Machado and Altuve I would think.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

When will you people learn? jfc

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I am pretty sure Kershaw, barring any setbacks or anything of the sort, will be a mid first round guy. Even if he does he won't slip too far. If he did have some question marks going into next year then I could see that pushing Scherzer up to being a top five pick because someone will be desperate to secure him.

Personally I think Altuve will be the second pick, but I can see cases for Mookie, Bryant and Arenado.

E: Another fun thing to think about - what are we looking at for SS? Machado/Correa are still the cream of the crop, but where do Seager, Bogaerts, Lindor and Story all go?

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 28, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pandanaut posted:

I am pretty sure Kershaw, barring any setbacks or anything of the sort, will be a mid first round guy. Even if he does he won't slip too far. If he did have some question marks going into next year then I could see that pushing Scherzer up to being a top five pick because someone will be desperate to secure him.

Personally I think Altuve will be the second pick, but I can see cases for Mookie, Bryant and Arenado.

E: Another fun thing to think about - what are we looking at for SS? Machado/Correa are still the cream of the crop, but where do Seager, Bogaerts, Lindor and Story all go?

Machado, Seager, Correa, Story/Lindor, Bogaerts.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Where does Turner go?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Where does Turner go?

17th, if you go by this.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbranks_offseason/fantasy-baseball-rankings-top-mlb-players-every-position

Which is way too high for me. Bogaerts before Correa and Seager? Expect that to change.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Come on points league peeps of course there will be pitchers taken in the first round!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh hey here's a question I just realized I have: Carrasco is available in my keeper league, should I pick him up and burn a slot on him or is he still too big of a question mark given the fact that it's a hand injury.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks Renfroe for giving me a hand this week :smug:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh hey here's a question I just realized I have: Carrasco is available in my keeper league, should I pick him up and burn a slot on him or is he still too big of a question mark given the fact that it's a hand injury.

How many keepers? Cost? Teams?

Any idea if Rasiel Iglesias will have SP eligibility on Yahoo next year due to starting 5 games this year?

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 29, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

How many keepers? Cost? Teams?

7 keepers, Carrasco would be $10, 8 team.

The fact that it's 8 teams and that I was already looking at somewhat of a keeper crunch makes me a little wary, I guess I might as well stash him at this point and make the call later. I'm definitely not keeping Price and he won't have another regular season start anyway...

EDIT: Yeah, added to my roster, I'll come back to the slotting when I have to.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 29, 2016

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Inspector_666 posted:

7 keepers, Carrasco would be $10, 8 team.

The fact that it's 8 teams and that I was already looking at somewhat of a keeper crunch makes me a little wary, I guess I might as well stash him at this point and make the call later. I'm definitely not keeping Price and he won't have another regular season start anyway...

EDIT: Yeah, added to my roster, I'll come back to the slotting when I have to.

Who are your other keepers and what's your yearly budget?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DoctaFun posted:

Who are your other keepers and what's your yearly budget?

These are the guys I have to decide between:

On the pitching side I've got Thor ($13), Verlander ($8), Maeda ($2), Urias ($4), and Lester ($24).

Position players I've got Posey ($34), Sanchez ($10), Stanton ($42), Bogaerts ($15), Hosmer ($25), Odor ($10), Yelich ($8).

Total budget is $260.

I figure Lester, Posey, Stanton, and Hosmer(?) probably shouldn't be kept just on a cost basis at this point.

Keepers don't need to be chosen until right before the draft so honestly the question was really "Should I drop Price to stash Carrasco knowing there is no way I will be keeping Price?" and the answer is "Yes."

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Thor, Maeda, Urias, Sanchez, Bogaerts, Odor, Yelich probably.

Maybe Yelich or Sanchez out for Carrasco if you really want him.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Inspector_666 posted:

These are the guys I have to decide between:

On the pitching side I've got Thor ($13), Verlander ($8), Maeda ($2), Urias ($4), and Lester ($24).

Position players I've got Posey ($34), Sanchez ($10), Stanton ($42), Bogaerts ($15), Hosmer ($25), Odor ($10), Yelich ($8).

Total budget is $260.

I figure Lester, Posey, Stanton, and Hosmer(?) probably shouldn't be kept just on a cost basis at this point.

Keepers don't need to be chosen until right before the draft so honestly the question was really "Should I drop Price to stash Carrasco knowing there is no way I will be keeping Price?" and the answer is "Yes."

I'd probably keep:
Thor, Verlander, Maeda, Urias, Sanchez, Bogaerts, Odor

Stanton/Posey/Hosmer/Lester don't provide much value at those prices I don't think, if you really want them on your team you could probably draft them for a similar price.

Carrasco at $10 isn't bad, provides more value than those other guys I think. If you kept Carrasco you'd be up to:

$72 spent on keepers I think, leaving $188 left to fill out your lineup. You likely wouldn't need much more starting pitching, and you'd have some of the tougher spots to fill already locked down(C, 2B, SS). Depending on who's available I'd probably try to throw down on 3 or 4 elite dudes at ~$40 a pop, fill out RPs for a few bucks a piece, then grab some potentially undervalued comeback players like Pollock/Brantley or something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DoctaFun posted:

I'd probably keep:
Thor, Verlander, Maeda, Urias, Sanchez, Bogaerts, Odor

Stanton/Posey/Hosmer/Lester don't provide much value at those prices I don't think, if you really want them on your team you could probably draft them for a similar price.

Carrasco at $10 isn't bad, provides more value than those other guys I think. If you kept Carrasco you'd be up to:

$72 spent on keepers I think, leaving $188 left to fill out your lineup. You likely wouldn't need much more starting pitching, and you'd have some of the tougher spots to fill already locked down(C, 2B, SS). Depending on who's available I'd probably try to throw down on 3 or 4 elite dudes at ~$40 a pop, fill out RPs for a few bucks a piece, then grab some potentially undervalued comeback players like Pollock/Brantley or something.

Yeah, this is pretty much my thinking on all points. I will also have to adjust based on who everybody else ends up keeping, too. This year Kershaw and Trout were both available in the draft and I'm pretty sure this coming year is the first time people will be hitting the 4-year limit on kept players.

But yeah, I'm glad to see that I'm not wrong on the high priced guys.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much my thinking on all points. I will also have to adjust based on who everybody else ends up keeping, too. This year Kershaw and Trout were both available in the draft and I'm pretty sure this coming year is the first time people will be hitting the 4-year limit on kept players.

For what it's worth, I'm most likely keeping Lester for $22 in my league with the same $260 budget. I was on the fence before, but since my other good pitcher died last week I have an unexpected $39 more I can spend on the draft. I very much would have rather had Fernandez though... and I still don't think it's completely sunken in yet.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Inspector_666 posted:

How much did Kershaw and Trout go for?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I probably should have pointed out that this is a H2H league, standard plus OPS and QS.

Schweinhund posted:

How much did Kershaw and Trout go for?

$58 and $71 respectively.

(The Trout owner did not make the playoffs, as is fitting.)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moneyball posted:

17th, if you go by this.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbranks_offseason/fantasy-baseball-rankings-top-mlb-players-every-position

Which is way too high for me. Bogaerts before Correa and Seager? Expect that to change.

Oh wow would laugh if this ends up the list. Also JD Martinez should be higher than 38th.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
So the tigers/indians game is postponed until Monday "if necessary" - does anyone know if this game would count for yahoo roto leagues if it happens? I'd assume h2h wouldn't count it, and probably not roto either, but I don't know.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I doubt it, unfortunately. I'm guessing Yahoo will put up a notice about it tonight?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I actually got something for my extra players this year :toot:

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I hope you guys followed the advice in the thread title from Dec 10, 2015:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

weas posted:

I hope you guys followed the advice in the thread title from Dec 10, 2015:

I was ready to draft him, but the guy drafting before me got a hold of him first. I settled for Marte.

Looking over the draft results, I see that I expertly picked Justin Upton and Frazier in the third and fourth rounds.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I had the 5th actual pick (#8 OVR but keepers) and was dead set to take Betts, but he was taken at 4. I settled for Votto who continues to be a second half beast (and with Rizzo as a keeper, his slow start was mitigated). However, I am reasonably confident I could've gotten Votto at #8 and then wouldn't have ended up with Chris Davis' .190 average for most of the season.

My 2nd-4th round picks of Davis, Cain, and Heyward were an outright disaster. Two guys who I usually avoid and a player coming off a career year. I'm an idiot.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I got Sale and Eickhoff going today, that should be enough to clinch the bronze medal in the league I'm in.

Keepers should be excellent; I can hypothetically keep Dozier, Syndergaard, Strasburg, Lindor, and Story all with 20th round picks or later.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I drafted Scherzer over Mookie :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
its in the thread title and everything man

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

its in the thread title and everything man

I had this really genius idea that pitching would be awful this season so I should stock up on ACES.

It didn't loving work at all.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I had this really genius idea that pitching would be awful this season so I should stock up on ACES.

It didn't loving work at all.

You were half right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
3 for 3 in leagues this year.

:feelsgood: