Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
CBS fantasy baseball is up and running.

But it's CBS fantasy baseball. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

And now, yahoo.

I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I'm picking Manny Machado first overall.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i don't know if i could take him over trout, but there's a debate there for sure. as ss he's undervalued at 5 or whatever his adp is

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

With this year's strategy that doesn't pan out, I have to cram as much as I can in to the scarce positions and not sweat filling in OF, 1B, and UT. To a lesser extent, 3B because it's so deep.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
10-team H2H 7x7 R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OBP/SLG and W/CG/K/SV/ERA/WHIP/QS

Okay, here's the guys I have with any semblance of keeper value this year, and any keeper eligible Free Agents I have, with their round values from last year.

A few caveats:
- You can keep 3 hitters and 3 pitchers
- Everyone moves up one round for the previous year
- Since I'm the champion, I can keep one extra player of my choice
- I can keep one player, for free, if they were drafted in Rounds 22-27, and if they weren't designated as such a player the previous year
- Free Agents start in Round 18, and move up a round (17, 16, etc.) for each additional FA kept

Hitters
3. Joey Votto
6. Jose Altuve
16. Ryan Braun
20. Billy Hamilton
FA. Kendrys Morales

Pitchers
13. Corey Kluber
15. Jake Arrieta
16. James Shields
22. Yordano Ventura
23. Marcus Stroman (Free keeper eligible)
FA. Hisashi Iwakuma
FA. Jimmy Nelson
FA. Justin Verlander

Preliminary list to me, would probably be something like:

2. Votto
5. Altuve
12. Kluber
14. Arrieta
15. Braun
19. Hamilton
21. Ventura
23. Stroman

...but I'm thinking that I should maybe try to break the bank and go after some young hitter with a good keeper value by dangling Hamilton, Kluber, and Braun? A guy has Carlos Correa in the ~20th round and not much else and I would trade those three in a heartbeat to get someone wit his ceiling. Then I could use that extra keeper spot to take a flyer on someone like Nelson or Morales or something stupid just for shits and giggles. I don't know if I'll be able to swing a move though, so what I've got above is probably what I'm going to have to go with. Thoughts?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Dandy Kaiser posted:

...but I'm thinking that I should maybe try to break the bank and go after some young hitter with a good keeper value by dangling Hamilton, Kluber, and Braun? A guy has Carlos Correa in the ~20th round and not much else and I would trade those three in a heartbeat to get someone wit his ceiling. Then I could use that extra keeper spot to take a flyer on someone like Nelson or Morales or something stupid just for shits and giggles. I don't know if I'll be able to swing a move though, so what I've got above is probably what I'm going to have to go with. Thoughts?

Hamilton/Kluber/Braun for a keep-forever Correa in the 20th round is pretty clearly a slam-dunk for you but I am skeptical the other owner would take that trade. What are Trout and Harper and Machado's keeper rounds? It's possible Correa is the #1 player in your league in this format with a 20th round keep forever status.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Trout will be a 15th rounder, Harper will be a 23rd, Machado will be a 9th.

e: Kris Bryant is also a 23rd, Syndergaard is a 22nd, Puig/Springer/Sale/Chapman are in the 19th, Buxton is an 18th, Frazier/Strasburg/deGrom are in the 17th, Jose Fernandez and Josh Donaldson are in the 16th, Gerrit Cole is a 15th, Brantley and Harvey are in the 14th, Rizzo/Dee Gordon/Posey are in the 13th, Pederson is a 12th, Sonny Gray is an 11th

That's basically the short list of guys with really good value

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 29, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

12-team HTH 6x6 R/HR/RBI/SB/OBP/SLG and HR Allowed/K/ERA/WHIP/QS/NSVH

Caveats:

You can keep nine players, eight if you finished top two the prior year (I can only have eight).

Keepers cost draft picks next year as follows

Round 1-6 (from prior years draft): +0 rounds
Round 7-9: +1 rounds
Round 10-15: +2 rounds
Round 16+: +3 rounds

Free agents valued at ADP.

Notable players and round value:

Paul Goldschmidt, Round 1
Jose Abreu AND Nelson Cruz, round 2
Michael Brantley, Round 3
Anthony Rizzo, round 4
Sterling Marte, Prior round 17, current round 14
Brian Dozier, Prior round 7, current round 6
Byron Buxton, Prior round 11, current round 9

Johnny Cueto, round 6
Chris Sale, Prior round 10, current round 9
Noah Syndergaard, Prior round 18, current round 15
Rasiel Inglesis, whot he gently caress knows

I have to keep Abreu or Cruz or somehow get another draft pick. I think I have to abandon Brantley at such a high spot and run some risk. I also have an issue of having Sale and Buxton at round 9, but I can slot Sale up to round 8 and be fine.

Who gets dropped from my eight and who gets kept? Some people are obvious I think. And I do think I have some tradable assets.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZenVulgarity posted:

12-team HTH 6x6 R/HR/RBI/SB/OBP/SLG and HR Allowed/K/ERA/WHIP/QS/NSVH

Who gets dropped from my eight and who gets kept? Some people are obvious I think. And I do think I have some tradable assets.

I'd say Goldy and Rizzo are probably better keepers than Abreu, so if you don't want to keep three 1B then that's an easy case to not keep him. Sale at 9 is great value, I think Thor at 15 is as well. Marte seems like a no brainer. Hopefully that helps you narrow it down a bit.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Having 8 keepers in a 16-team league is so much fun. I purposely bombed two seasons ago and swung a bunch of trades with draft picks to end up with this for the foreseeable future:

Harper
Machado
Pollock
Bryant
Tulo
Schwarber
Lucroy
Pederson or Sonny Gray

I'll just draft All The Pitching this year and play the waivers like usual. Would you guys keep Pederson or Gray?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senf posted:

Having 8 keepers in a 16-team league is so much fun. I purposely bombed two seasons ago and swung a bunch of trades with draft picks to end up with this for the foreseeable future:

Harper
Machado
Pollock
Bryant
Tulo
Schwarber
Lucroy
Pederson or Sonny Gray

I'll just draft All The Pitching this year and play the waivers like usual. Would you guys keep Pederson or Gray?

Both and drop or trade LuCroy

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Don't worry, guys. I sent an email reminder to the commish for our 10 player keeper league.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd say Goldy and Rizzo are probably better keepers than Abreu, so if you don't want to keep three 1B then that's an easy case to not keep him. Sale at 9 is great value, I think Thor at 15 is as well. Marte seems like a no brainer. Hopefully that helps you narrow it down a bit.

We have two util positions so I would have room.

Why abreu over Cruz?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZenVulgarity posted:

We have two util positions so I would have room.

Why abreu over Cruz?

I guess I was sort of assuming that not keeping Abreu meant you would keep Cruz.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Really hoping Xander puts it all together this year, I acquired him in a 4 for 1 (with EdRod, Owens, lovely closer) for deGrom in my 20 man dynasty.

Apparently I'll be watching some Sox games heh.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 31, 2016

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Really hoping Xander puts it all together this year, I acquired him in a 4 for 1 (with EdRod, Owens, lovely closer) for deGrom in my 20 man dynasty.

Apparently I'll be watching some Sox games heh.

His babip last year freaked me out and I traded him. But that was also based on the fact that I have Correa, too. It was surprisingly hard to move Bogaerts in my dynasty league for some reason.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

where's darvish going in drafts?

e: holy gently caress he's going in the 100s??!?! even with a may return that's insane. dude is so loving good.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 31, 2016

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Would you guys take Ramos or Tolleson if you had to pick right now?

Ramos seems to be the better pitcher, but will have to compete with Carter Capps for the 9th inning duties in ST, and Capps was a monster when healthy last yr.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 1, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I got two offers for cueto(6) and Buxton(9)

One offer is Salazar(14) and Frazier(8)

Another offer is Gallo(15), ellsbury(5), matz(18), and a pick

I might be able to get sano(21) from the guy who offered matz

Dynasty league with keeper values attached

Edit: to get sano he wants Cruz(2) with Buxton and Cueto to get Matz(18) Sano(22) and a 7th round pick

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 1, 2016

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Would you guys take Ramos or Tolleson if you had to pick right now?

Ramos seems to be the better pitcher, but will have to compete with Carter Capps for the 9th inning duties in ST, and Capps was a monster when healthy last yr.

Tolleson was lights out for a stretch, then just pretty good, and doesn't have any competition that I know of.

Yahoo live drafts opened today, and naturally I get one done before the day is even half over.

Standard 12 team roto league

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Nolan Arenado
SS: Francisco Lindor
OF: AJ Pollock, Charlie Blackmon, Ben Revere
UT: Eric Hosmer, Adrian Beltre
BN: Adam Eaton, Lucas Duda, David Peralta

SP: Hisashi Iwakuma, Jamie Garcia, Drew :)
RP: Arodys Vizcaino, Joaqin Benoit, Hunter Strickland, Drew Storen, Dellin Betances, Tony Watson, Carson Smith

I burned myself by punting categories last year (yeah, in roto) completely avoiding AVG and chasing middling SP on winning teams, hoping for some wins. I got pretty close, but 2 points in AVG sunk me. And those two SP happened to be Jered Weaver, and an early-season John Lackey.

This year I made sure I'd be near the top in AVG, with some good counting stats. Actually took a couple SP, but I'm not relying heavily on them. I plan to spot start good matchups all year and hope everything comes together. I'll snag some closers mid-season as turnover inevitably happens.

Thoughts?

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 1, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm trying to implement keepers in an existing ESPN fantasy league. Does anyone know if the keepers in ESPN fantasy baseball just start with your first pick and then you lose a draft pick for every player you keep or does it cost you the equivalent round pick from last season (so if I took Votto in round 2, I would lose this year's second round pick)?

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

tadashi posted:

I'm trying to implement keepers in an existing ESPN fantasy league. Does anyone know if the keepers in ESPN fantasy baseball just start with your first pick and then you lose a draft pick for every player you keep or does it cost you the equivalent round pick from last season (so if I took Votto in round 2, I would lose this year's second round pick)?

First pick, second pick, etc depending on number of keepers. I've never been able find a way to change it to round + 1 or something like that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
ESPN's keeper picks just get skimmed off the top and at least last season there was literally no way to fix it.

Retarded as all hell.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My main keeper league renewed yesterday so I can finally take a closer look at the roster and not use the "past years" setup yahoo has for leagues that haven't yet.

We keep ten players, 12 teams, 6x6 with OPS and QS added. Keepers are your first ten picks, keep forever. These players on my roster were in the top 100 last year.

Mike Trout (OF)
Miguel Cabrera (1B)
Anthony Rizzo (1B)
Robinson Cano (2B)
Matt Kemp (OF)
Brian Dozier (2B)
Alex Rodriguez (Util) - lol, didn't realize he had so few games in the field
Miguel Sano (3B)*
Byron Buxton (OF)*
*technically not top 100 but I need to keep them, I think

Zack Grienke (SP)
Masahiro Tanaka (SP)
Craig Kimbrel (RP)
Wade Davis (RP)
Jeurys Familia (RP)
Mark Melancon (RP)

I've always kept one RP (Kimbrel) but I'm thinking that I can't afford to do that anymore. Not keeping one would allow me to drop the RPs and A-Rod (as much as I want to keep him we only have two util spots so I'd have to drop Dozier or Cano to do so) and keep everyone else. OTOH I really like being able to keep an awesome closer so I only have to draft one or two :shobon:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ARod powered me to a championship in my dynasty last year, but without 3B he's way too meh...had to let him go too.

Hell of a fun season though.

We're both going with Sano too! :hfive:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ARod powered me to a championship in my dynasty last year, but without 3B he's way too meh...had to let him go too.

Hell of a fun season though.

We're both going with Sano too! :hfive:

Triple Sano! :hfive:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sano Bros! :hfive:

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Careful with Sano this year guys, 35.5% K rate last season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

weas posted:

Careful with Sano this year guys, 35.5% K rate last season.

He also had a 15.8% BB rate and a 5.4% dinger rate.

Welcome to the Miguel Sano experience :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Min. 300 PA

:getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It starts...

Left it up and sent him an offer of Adam Eaton and Carlos Carrasco for his Miguel Cabrera, saying it's basically an identical offer (just picked based on O-ranking) and got

"Comments from Blue Jays:
It's not identical at all... You have no closer and I offered you a good one and another piece to offset you losing an outfielder"

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I've seen worse trade offers but that is still a bad trade offer, yeah.

The commissioners of my leagues haven't set it up so we can pick our keepers yet :ohdear:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lincecum Dumpster is a great team name.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

He also had a 15.8% BB rate and a 5.4% dinger rate.

Welcome to the Miguel Sano experience :getin:

He also started the season in AA last year and ended the season crushing MLB baseballs so I am entirely optimistic.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

My league is obp so who cares

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Someone wants to do jd Martinez and Corey seager for rizzo and Cruz in a keeper league

This seems bad for me even if Martinez and seager are low

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Same league as that guy trying to lowball me for Joey Bats- someone offers me Correa for Bats and my current hole at SS is Jung-ho Kang.

Have to mash accept, right?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, that's the mashiest of mashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Zack Godley. Playing over his head or one of those guys that finally figured it out and will be a 1 or 2 starter?

• Locked thread