Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Four days left in the semis (two weeks long) of my goon league and I've left sooo many stats on the bench. Sit JBJ for Rendon and Bradley hits a 3 run HR. Sit Rendon for JBJ the next day, and guess who hits a 3 run HR. Drop Felipe Rivero to stream Urias since I have holds wrapped up; Urias goes 3 innings and Rivero vultures a win. Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Hopefully the top three is Trout/Stanton/Buxton

Do you actually watch the Twins games? Does Buxton look legit now?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Do you actually watch the Twins games? Does Buxton look legit now?

Not a lot. He still strikes out a ton (almost 30% of his plate appearances in September so far) but I think, at least sometimes, it's because of him being aggressive instead of passive/overmatched. Eye test says he looks a bit more confident and isn't just flailing like he used to.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just looked at my active stats and realized Hanley Ramirez has been better than Bryce Harper for me this season. How depressing.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

DoctaFun posted:

Top 5 OF for next year?

Trout/Harper/Mookie/Bryant....Blackmon?

Blackmon ~~ .317/.377/.542 ~ 27 HR ~ 16 SB
Trout ~~ .319/.435/.561 ~27 HR ~ 25 SB
Harper ~~ .247/ .380 /.455 ~ 24 HR ~ 21 SB

If your league doesn't count OBP then Blackmon is more or less Mike Trout this year, for probably 1/2 or 1/3 the price. This is like the third year in a row where I said, "Blackmon...really?"

Rockies hitters, you can't go wrong

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Why can't Fernandez pitch against the braves in Atlanta?

His first start there:
5.2 IP, 9 R, 6 ER

So far tonight:
4 IP, 4 ER, zero Ks

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought sitting Gausman against the Red Sox was the right move. :mad:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
H2H Points league. Do I want to start Tanaka today against Boston or Duffy Sunday against CWS?

Tanaka has been lights out but Boston :ohdear:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
God my team sucks how did I make the loving playoffs.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Any word on Bregman's injury yet? I have him in two leagues and it would be especially helpful to know if he's droppable in my H2H league where I'm trailing in the semifinals.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I suggest you all pick up Ryon Healy for the last couple weeks of the season. I'm biased, but man.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Betances with the epic blown save, blowing the win for Tanaka, who is also on my team :cry: :cry: :cry:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

Betances with the epic blown save, blowing the win for Tanaka, who is also on my team :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry::hf::cry:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Senf posted:

I suggest you all pick up Ryon Healy for the last couple weeks of the season. I'm biased, but man.

I picked him up last week and he has been terrific. Danny Santana has been solid, too.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
i hate that streaming pitching is even an option in fantasy baseball. It should just be that you can have 7 SP starts per week, which of course isn't even possible to set up properly in Yahoo because Yahoo is poo poo.. But if I have Albert Pujols at 1B and he sucks for a week then I can't start 4 1Bs to make up for it on Sunday. It should be the same thing with SPs. I tried to bring this up with my league and made a suggestion for a better setup and they were just like "But that's the fun of H2H :) :) :)" gently caress offfffff. I'm in a close matchup in my playoffs and if I lose it's going to be because my opponent had 3 two start pitchers and I only had 1 and it was goddamn Robbie Ray. And like sweating for an hour over deciding whether I should add Mike Foltewicz or shitass Jared Weaver so I can compete in wins and ks is "fun".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

i hate that streaming pitching is even an option in fantasy baseball. It should just be that you can have 7 SP starts per week, which of course isn't even possible to set up properly in Yahoo because Yahoo is poo poo.. But if I have Albert Pujols at 1B and he sucks for a week then I can't start 4 1Bs to make up for it on Sunday. It should be the same thing with SPs. I tried to bring this up with my league and made a suggestion for a better setup and they were just like "But that's the fun of H2H :) :) :)" gently caress offfffff. I'm in a close matchup in my playoffs and if I lose it's going to be because my opponent had 3 two start pitchers and I only had 1 and it was goddamn Robbie Ray. And like sweating for an hour over deciding whether I should add Mike Foltewicz or shitass Jared Weaver so I can compete in wins and ks is "fun".

source your quotes

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good day to bench Justin Upton :ughh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if someone in my lineup is slumping or it's a light schedule day, I will stream hitters all the time so maybe git gud

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Benching Bryce Harper :feelsgood:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
An FA in a 10 man league that can steal a base this weekend? Any position

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Jankowski or Dyson available? Borderline 10 team players

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Trea Turner holy poo poo

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Stop doing so good, Trea! I want to be able to draft you next year!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trea Turner is so god drat good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jabro you are going very hard for that coveted QS category

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I dropped Justin Upton on August 22nd. To that point he hit

.231/.285/.389 with 15 HRs and 52 RBIs

since that day, he's hit

.280/.379/.680 with 9 HRs and 22 RBIs

Thank you, Justin Upton.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

I almost dropped Felix to start another.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Keeping Turner and Sanchez for dirt cheap next season, thinking about also keeping a reasonably priced Bryant so I have a great core...

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Schweinhund posted:

I agree with this, it's why I don't really like h2h.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
h2h also sucks because I lost my league due to one weeks worth of pitching.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

There should be a league that is h2h regular season and then all qualifying teams are put into a month long roto, I would play that exclusively

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Doltos posted:

h2h also sucks because I lost my league due to one weeks worth of pitching.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

There should be a league that is h2h regular season and then all qualifying teams are put into a month long
roto, I would play that exclusively

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Roto for a full season is boring though. Half the league has no reason to care after about July

This coming from someone who is the #2 seed in my h2h playoff (currently on bye) but if the same league were roto, I would've won by almost 10 points

I'm around .500 over 21 weeks across every offensive category but OBP even though I'm top 3 in every category but steals

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Roto is great if you want to have boring slog to see who can mine the most stolen bases off the waiver wire.

H2H may have bullshit losses but for someone those are bullshit victories. You have to measure success differently in H2H but it's way more fun.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ESPN offers a Games Started cap, we use it in our H2H league and it seems to even things out.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

kensei posted:

ESPN offers a Games Started cap, we use it in our H2H league and it seems to even things out.

That's cool, I wish yahoo did that. I find ESPN's mobile app to be unusable so I stuck with yahoo. They have a 6 player add limit per week, which sort of deals with the issue, but it basically means that you have to stream 6 pitchers a week, and try to get 2 start pitchers, or else you're at a huge disadvantage. It's so dumb.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've always found the guy who streams a ton of starters to be offset by the guy who punts on strikeouts and wins and goes for saves and ratios.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I am about to lose to IcePhoenix so I'm streaming like a mofo tomorrow.

IcePhoenix posted:

What is the cutoff for adding players the next day? I thought it was 12am pst. I just tried adding someone and dropping Felix but it went through for Monday. I wouldn't have dropped him then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

I am about to lose to IcePhoenix so I'm streaming like a mofo tomorrow.

What is the cutoff for adding players the next day? I thought it was 12am pst. I just tried adding someone and dropping Felix but it went through for Monday. I wouldn't have dropped him then.

It's not showing in the transactions and he's still on your monday roster so I don't know what to tell you.

Unless you're trying to pick up chad bettis in which case he's on waivers until monday you dummy :v:

• Locked thread