Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I need some good games for in-person multiplayer or co-op. I have a PS3 and Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i found the co-op in the new raymen to be much less frustrating than recent nintendo co-op platformers, personally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PS3 has lots of good fighting games, particularly Guilty Gear Xrd, if that's your bag, baby. Wii U has Yossy, Mario Kart, Smash, etc. All the big ninty multiplayer games. 3D World. You could also play Diablo III on PS3. That's off the top of my head at the moment.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Mario Kart and Smash obviously. I couldn't say for PS3, I don't have one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Halo

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

As a Millennial I posted:

i found the co-op in the new raymen to be much less frustrating than recent nintendo co-op platformers, personally.

This. Played the entire game co-op and had a ton of fun. Mario 3D World bears recomending as well, along with Hyrule Warriors and Wooly WOrld.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Resident Evil 5 OP.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

diablo iii but make a rule saying no inventory management until the party heads back to town

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Resident Evil 5 OP.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

PS3: noby noby boy

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
umm I think little big planet had couch coop but I'm not sure how good they are. I played the first one and it was OK as a platformer but that was like 8 years ago :shrug:

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
diablo 3 on ps3 sucks cus it's the base reaper of souls without the updates that make the endgame good. get the ps4 version.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Mortal Kombat 9 is pretty fun.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

apropos to nothing posted:

umm I think little big planet had couch coop but I'm not sure how good they are. I played the first one and it was OK as a platformer but that was like 8 years ago :shrug:

They control like rear end from what I remember. I didnt like it from what i played.

Both retro DKC games are fun, as long as the other co-op guy is pretty good at platforming. Otherwise one of u is gonna burn through all the lives fast

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Dragons Crown and Helldivers are good on ps3, Dokapon Kingdom is really good for Wii... the new Gauntlet is good too but I think its ps4 only

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Hey Facts, do you have a Steam account? There's a ton of games there I'd love to play with you there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slur posted:

Hey Facts, do you have a Steam account? There's a ton of games there I'd love to play with you there.
My access to a gaming computer is sporadic.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

My access to a gaming computer is sporadic.

Well, the games I'm thinking of don't require high-end specs. 100% Orange Juice is a fun little board game to play. Monaco is a fun stealth co-op game. Duck Game is Smash Bros mixed with Warioware, so that's always good.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
TimeSplitters 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

EDF

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slur posted:

Well, the games I'm thinking of don't require high-end specs. 100% Orange Juice is a fun little board game to play. Monaco is a fun stealth co-op game. Duck Game is Smash Bros mixed with Warioware, so that's always good.
My laptop overheats if I watch a Twitch stream. It cannot game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Unfortunate.

Splatoon is a choice then.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

or Mario Kart 8

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Mario Kart and Smash obviously.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon is not good couch multiplayer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Splatoon is not good couch multiplayer.
Yeah I already have Splatoon, the only in-person multiplayer mode it has sucks.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Try a warriors game op. Hyrule for wiiu or dynasty/samurai/orochi for ps3

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i like the multiplayer racing in trials evolution but i think they hosed it all up in trials fusion. or the other way around. i forget.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I need a new computer too but don't wanna drop the money. sucks too cause it looks like xcom 2 is only gonna be on pc and I really wanna play it but prolly won't be able to for a few years

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
one piece pirate warriors 3 if you're into that particular license

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Mario Kart 8, Smash, Mario 3D World are sweet, yep.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix for PS3, if you haven't played that, I recommend that especially if you have someone else who wants to get good and will play it with you a bunch.

If you have mined the shroomy depths of Mario Kart 8 already, I found Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed to be pretty nice.

Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is pretty sweet for an old Capcom beat-em up.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

FactsAreUseless posted:

twitch's webplayer actually has higher required specs than some modern games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pack a bowl and sit down for some pass n play Oblivion OP. Trust me, you will not be left wanting...

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
rocket league is great for passing the controller between matches

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Towerfall ascension (ps3)
Pilotwings (Wii u - SNES) single player, but would be a great "taking turns" style game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

double dragon 2 for the nes on the nintendo eshop

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If you like drinking games, Excite Truck is fantastic. Take turns doing a race, every 10 stars you get, the watcher takes a drink. If you score 5 stars in one trick, that's a drink too. (Wii U)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

double dragon 2 for the nes on the nintendo eshop
drat I didn't even think of this. Are there any good modern beat-em-up games for couch co-op? Castle Crashers was fun but that was like ages ago and a bit too Newgrounds-y for my tastes. Something in the Final Fight vein would be awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Pack a bowl and sit down for some pass n play Oblivion OP. Trust me, you will not be left wanting...

This. This right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

drat I didn't even think of this. Are there any good modern beat-em-up games for couch co-op? Castle Crashers was fun but that was like ages ago and a bit too Newgrounds-y for my tastes. Something in the Final Fight vein would be awesome.

not quite Final Fight but I had fun playing double dragon: neon with my little brother.

• Locked thread