Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the Ys games since then have been focused around parties of 3. Ys Seven, Ys Memories of Celceta and Ys VIII all have the same skill progression/party system. You need a Vita to play Seven and Celceta. Or a PSP for Seven. Celceta is one of the like 2 Vita exclusives I know that exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hizke posted:

Nightwolve is going to kill somebody over this.

he's gonna be stoked cause Xseed no longer has the license to Ys.

Which fuckin sucks by the way NISA is a terrible localization company

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh i like xseed

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

he's gonna be stoked cause Xseed no longer has the license to Ys.

Which fuckin sucks by the way NISA is a terrible localization company

lol but whats bad about NISA?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys Origin is coming out on PS4/Vita tomorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6thPekAh58

I have it on PC and beaten it twice but its probably my favorite of the single protag Ys games so I think Ill pick it up on Vita and try do all 3 campaigns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I managed to get Totally Fact Up without trying or realizing that was an ''''achievement'''' :saddowns:

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

In Training posted:

Ys Origin is coming out on PS4/Vita tomorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6thPekAh58

I have it on PC and beaten it twice but its probably my favorite of the single protag Ys games so I think Ill pick it up on Vita and try do all 3 campaigns
I will never play Hugo's campaign ever again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was lied to, the Vita version isn't out until May. But it's up now on PS4, 20 bucks and it's crossbuy so I'll probably just buy it today anyway.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

still need to finish Origin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The music in this game is so good. I'm playing as Hugo on Normal just because I've never played as him and want to blow through it ASAP .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Played about ahalf hour of this and it seems like a totally competent version of Origin that you can play on a PS4.

Negatives:
- the audio mix is really bizarre. It only takes a second to fix it by adjusting the sliders in the sound settings but still. Weird!
- for some reason in the opening cutscene with the rhoda tree the top and bottom 5% of the screen had these crazy black flickering textures. maybe it can be fixed, definitely not there on the PC version.

Positives:
- redone health bar UI that looks pretty cool! makes it easier to see all the buffs you have active and how long they have remaining
- I played this game with a dualshock on PC and not having to mess with a bunch of poo poo to do that is pretty awesome
- its a 10 year old PC game on PS4. awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also theres a typo in a trophy for slaying "10,000 ennemies[sic]"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Negatives:
- the audio mix is really bizarre. It only takes a second to fix it by adjusting the sliders in the sound settings but still. Weird!
- for some reason in the opening cutscene with the rhoda tree the top and bottom 5% of the screen had these crazy black flickering textures. maybe it can be fixed, definitely not there on the PC version.

what levels did you set for sound? something glitchy is going on. i fought the second boss and all the sound effects disappeared in the middle of the fight.

i figured that cutscene is just hosed cause they had to present it in 4:3 when everything else in the game is widescreen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should release ys games on systems people actually own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8 is a PS4 game

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

8 is a PS4 game

it's also coming to PC, which I'm guessing was a big factor in NISA getting it since Xseed isn't equipped to make their own ports.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you wanna see what Ys origin looks like im playing it now and streaming. Like a public service announcement to check out Origin because it owns!! https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmfao i just noticed the thread tag being PRESS SQUARE and having played only oath and felghana i found it funny thank you for reading my post

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oath >>>>>> origin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Origin more but I also haven't played oath in uhh 7 years but I've beaten Origin 4 times in that period. I should replay oath some time

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
origuin has super samey environments and a lot of teh bosses are fcuking bulllshit like that weird plant monster you fight in quicksand that are boring/annoying to fight oath has cool stuff like the knight in valestein castle the 3 harpies (best bossfight in either game) both chester fights, the tank the nun

origin has the worm, the circle lava guy... the witch with the statues...
the rest waws bad!!!
also oath had better boss music and memorable tunes in general

theyre both really erally good games though but gently caress palying origin as the huge fact

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im playing origin as Hugo now for the first time and I dont even remotely understand why people bitched about this guy for a decade.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its somehow mashier than adol/yunica

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything Hugo is kinda lame in that you never commit to anything, because his attack doesnt interrupt his movement. Its super simple and easy but shredding the game like this is kinda fun and weird. They eventually figured out ranged characters but playing as hugo is not insanely boring or anything, and with the text skip in the ps4 version Ill probably finish this game in like 6hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God I just thought of how epic the sniper's movest is in Ys VIII...I cant wait for that friggin game to come out!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

origuin has super samey environments and a lot of teh bosses are fcuking bulllshit like that weird plant monster you fight in quicksand that are boring/annoying to fight oath has cool stuff like the knight in valestein castle the 3 harpies (best bossfight in either game) both chester fights, the tank the nun

origin has the worm, the circle lava guy... the witch with the statues...
the rest waws bad!!!
also oath had better boss music and memorable tunes in general

theyre both really erally good games though but gently caress palying origin as the huge fact

Origin has the better final boss. imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I needed a new game for my travelling now that Im done with SMTIVA so I picked up Oath in Felghana for vita so I can compare to Origin. Been years since I played this game! Excited to check it out again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the giant blue lady monster in the caves is easily one of the worst bosses in either game and it put me off from playing oath for a while, which is a shame cause its right at the start

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did the PC version of Oath have the voice acting? Because I don't remember these performances at all, they're super hammy and funny

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Did the PC version of Oath have the voice acting? Because I don't remember these performances at all, they're super hammy and funny

nope, iirc none of the xseed releases have voice acting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fire dragon is a f*ggot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im glad Im replaying Oath, its a great game, although certain parts are cheesing me off and I feel like the bosses have too much health sometimes but I also never played this game on hard before so its fun to have to actually be very very precise in your movement when every boss can kill you in two hits. I can't even imagine playing this game on Nightmare, or hell, I think Oath has a difficulty above Nightmare IIRC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Steam Achievements

To get the Legacy Pervert Achievement, you'll need to get Elena's measurements before returning to Redmont. When you come close to the Travel Monument just outside of town, walk toward her and pin her up against the left side of the monument, then "examine" her, pushing up against her until you get the Achievement. "

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The triple bird fight ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The harpies fightis one of my favourite boss fights in any game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tried it twice before I went to watch a movie but I love that you can choose your encounter by deciding which harpies to kill in what order

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The second time you fight dularn is a MFer, I cant get past his last phase when the screen is just filled nonstop with lasers, swords, lightning arcs and fireball projectiles

Edit I did it phew. Forgot about Adol's charge which makes him invincible to everything :newlol:

In Training fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 6, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think after I finish this I may play it again on Inferno with the NG+ stats/equipment carry over so it's functionally a boss rush

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I checked out curiosity and reinstalled my Steam version of this (first Ys game I ever played) and uh. I never beat it? My save is at the final boss on Normal and I don't have any of the achievements for completing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oath is so good. Really good boss fights even if the final boss is dumb and the blue lady at the start is some tedious poo poo

• Locked thread