Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's a really good series, Oath is excellent but my favorite of the ones I've played is Seven. It's also a pretty good Joanna Newsom album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chill Penguin posted:

these games always seemed like they had a really cool vibe/art direction, but i never knew how to pronounce it. is it like, "EESS", or "YSS" or "WISE" or what. help an anglophone out

:facepalm:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a really good series, Oath is excellent but my favorite of the ones I've played is Seven. It's also a pretty good Joanna Newsom album

Is Seven like a traditional Ys game or does it have a party like Celceta.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Say Fleece without the "Fl".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Is Seven like a traditional Ys game or does it have a party like Celceta.
It has a party

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It has a party

Oh hell yeah.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really wanna play Celceta but I don't have a Vita and the IZ convinced me not to buy one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's playable on PSTV now I believe

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Say Fleece without the "Fl".

that's what i thought.

alright this is one more point towards me uying a PSTV

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I now regret not having given this series a chance on one of the many sales. I'll get Oath in Felgana the next time it's on sale.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've never played any of these games but have always been curious about them cause I don't know many people who've played them but everyone who has says theyre good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Awwwwww Ys

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i love all the ys games but i wish they'd dump the party member bullshit they've been doing for the last couple. adol is a solitary gamer who fights alone

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

fiber posted:

i love all the ys games but i wish they'd dump the party member bullshit they've been doing for the last couple. adol is a solitary gamer who fights alone

The party system is fine, 'cause Falcom knows how to program drat good AI.

I'm surprised Ys is even getting another entry in its franchise. I'm looking forward to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe Ys 8 will have online multiplayer :staredog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Maybe Ys 8 will have online multiplayer :staredog:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
your friend would need to be really good for the bosses, specially if one TOON blocks the path of another

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol Falcom released a Vita exclusive sequel to an MSX game they developed in 1985 this year. These developers are out f their drat minds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Lol Falcom released a Vita exclusive sequel to an MSX game they developed in 1985 this year. These developers are out f their drat minds

i love them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit sorry it's the third installment. The second Xanadu game was a Japanese N-gage exclusive made in 2005. Rofl.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The maniacs at Falcom must be... encouraged

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Edit sorry it's the third installment. The second Xanadu game was a Japanese N-gage exclusive made in 2005. Rofl.

xanadu next was also on pc (the ngage was more of a stripped down port). it's also really good and has a translation patch available

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDWjSbuA44

typical high quality falcom soundtrack too

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

the PC engine version of YS III with the CD audio is great, Highly Recommended

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

apropos to nothing posted:

I've never played any of these games but have always been curious about them cause I don't know many people who've played them but everyone who has says theyre good.

Same, thanks for the info OP, I will give them a shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to beat Ys Origin tonight, judging from how far up the tower I am

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i love the music in these games, and the difficulty

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fiber posted:

xanadu next was also on pc (the ngage was more of a stripped down port). it's also really good and has a translation patch available

its coming out on steam too. I played the trans patch tho it was good poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not unless I can't beat this sand worm motherfucker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I figured the fight out. Forgot that I can actually deal hella damage from range now :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dalles just went DQV on everybody's asses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wandered around for a while before the mantis boss and I think I was overleveled because all of lighting strikes were doing like 15% of its lifebar

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

fiber posted:

It's coming to Steam next year.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Falcom are just a good company in general, and are criminally underrated.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In fact, everyone should own a Vita just to play Celceta.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

And a Sega CD for Popful Mail.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

one of the best things about MoC is the crafting system which is super easy to use. you just mash poo poo together and the numbers go up and you can either t;ry to get the perfect build or say gently caress it and just pump up damage and elemental/status effects whenever you can. too many games make crafting systems unclear imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of the upgrade stuff in these games is awesome. Not only do your numbers keep getting higher but maxing stuff out sometimes makes new gameplay changes, like all the super charged spells and what not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Roy :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Slur posted:

In fact, everyone should own a Vita just to play Celceta.
Hope it gets a PC port in the far-off future.

• Locked thread