Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
OATH IN FELGHANA FTW!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hackers have ruined Ys-mas.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Somebody's watching the Cavs/Warriors game right now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One hour folks. Anybody wanna change their guesses?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

In Training posted:

One hour folks. Anybody wanna change their guesses?

I'm pretty fine with mine. Thanks though.

Also, thank you for doing this event. It is generous and good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wots your Steam :grin:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I don't care that the contest is over. I just wanted to guess numbers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

I don't care that the contest is over. I just wanted to guess numbers.

Well that number lost.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Well that number lost.

It's okay. I had fun guessing and would have asked you to give the Steam game to someone else anyways.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's okay. I had fun guessing and would have asked you to give the Steam game to someone else anyways.

Thanks for playing and merry Christmas!!!

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

congrats to all new ys achievers.

just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that i obliterated the second boss in origins, it never even stood a chance. once i learned that i was immune to its acid bubbles during whirlwind the whole debacle felt a little unfair for the poor cretin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

iFrames ftw.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whirlwind doesn't give you iframes it just breaks those bubbles before you can walk into them.

I beat The Beast pretty easily but now Trident Girl is pwning my rear end.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

hell yeah, i think the only one i have is origin http://steamcommunity.com/id/grafe/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Nightmare in felgahana sucked cuz the enr nm ies all habe a billion hp and u do no damage and get likekilled in 2 hit

Come on dude.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
My tip for nightmare runs of any Ys game is that one level makes a drastic difference between victory and death. It's kind of shocking how much a single level can do for you in the series.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

thank you in training, especially for the extra copy of ratz instagib

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can't gift people multiple copies of games they already own so I have to copies of Ratz 2.0: Instagib for the runners up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

thank you in training, especially for the extra copy of ratz instagib

My plan was to give you 3 copies (the mystery 4 pack) but now I will be changing plans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright, if you message me on steam in the next 30 minutes I'll just buy you Ratz Instagib. Merry Christmas

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

My plan was to give you 3 copies (the mystery 4 pack) but now I will be changing plans

just trade teh freakin gifts to the guy then he can do as he pleases with em

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

just trade teh freakin gifts to the guy then he can do as he pleases with em

You can't do that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh Come All Ys Faithful

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Merry Ysmas!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

In Training posted:

Always the Ys bridesmaid, never the Ys bride.

Congrats to everyone who won and big ups to In Training for putting on this contest.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Nightmare in felgahana sucked cuz the enr nm ies all habe a billion hp and u do no damage and get likekilled in 2 hit
I beat Nightmare mode with Hugo and it's the same thing. It was loving poo poo and I'll never do it again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just got to the final boss of Ys I.

w t f

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dark fact is dead, and I stole his book.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

double kill

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love the UI of Ys games.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm being murdered by the first boss of Ys.. Is he supposed to be this brutal? I've noticed that leveling up makes a huge difference in how strong u are, maybe I just need to kill some more stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Ys III leveling up is extremely helpful, for sure.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Yeah when I made that post each one of my attacks did maybe 1/100th of his HP but then I leveled up twice and killed him in 4 hits. Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In Ys III leveling up is extremely helpful, for sure.

This is true in all the Ys games. I don't know the detail of the math but it can definitely feel like some bosses are just level gates. I don't mind grinding a level or two though because the game is fun to play and it will take about 5 minutes to gain a level.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i've bested epona, but she was tough for me, not insanely tough but a big step up from the last two. I just unlocked the bolt strike ability and it really owns... its a good game, gamers

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

the visceral joy of seeing "BLOCK" BLOCK" "BLOCK" as you perfectly time the skill to parry/nullify enemy attacks. frankly, its a very nice reward to the player.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

Yeah when I made that post each one of my attacks did maybe 1/100th of his HP but then I leveled up twice and killed him in 4 hits. Lol.

I said it already probably but in Ys III as a kid I could never get past the Tigray Quarry (Forget what it's called in Oath) until I learned what hill to stand on and tape down the attack and up buttons overnight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does every single enemy have unique dialog? This game is epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i've bested epona, but she was tough for me, not insanely tough but a big step up from the last two. I just unlocked the bolt strike ability and it really owns... its a good game, gamers

I feel like she hurts me too much and I don't do enough damage. What level were you. Maybe I just need to go back and clear that other branch (i went left and straight to the boss). I did not forget the Ring Mail & I blessed it.

• Locked thread