Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Memories of Celceta was my first Ys game and i'm really in love with the series now. they really nailed the bosses and the interconnected world map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

one of the best things about MoC is the crafting system which is super easy to use. you just mash poo poo together and the numbers go up and you can either t;ry to get the perfect build or say gently caress it and just pump up damage and elemental/status effects whenever you can. too many games make crafting systems unclear imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Kins posted:

how does falcom even make money nowadays?

i'm not complaining, it's just that developing sequels to msx games primarily for vita and pc in japan doesn't seem like it'd cover the bills

is it purely off of soundtrack cd sales? because i can get behind that

they make psp games more often than vita games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Memories of Celceta is awesome though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

which psp ys is best?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

moc had some good twists in it and i liked the characters a lot more than most games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

They definitely do although one or two fights in seven were underwhelming.

the bosses in moc were pretty great. the fish boss is solid for a water boss, which are usually underwhelming or awkward in a lot of games and most of the other ones are very good. the stompy horse thing was my first ys boss and it blew my mind with how fun he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Negatives:
- the audio mix is really bizarre. It only takes a second to fix it by adjusting the sliders in the sound settings but still. Weird!
- for some reason in the opening cutscene with the rhoda tree the top and bottom 5% of the screen had these crazy black flickering textures. maybe it can be fixed, definitely not there on the PC version.

what levels did you set for sound? something glitchy is going on. i fought the second boss and all the sound effects disappeared in the middle of the fight.

i figured that cutscene is just hosed cause they had to present it in 4:3 when everything else in the game is widescreen

• Locked thread