Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

fiber posted:

xanadu next was also on pc (the ngage was more of a stripped down port). it's also really good and has a translation patch available

its coming out on steam too. I played the trans patch tho it was good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I might revisit this game and play as Hugo or the third guy at some point. But from what I understand they travel through the same levels and bosses which is kinda lame/

Third guy's story is the one that canonically leads into Ys 1, so.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Evil Eagle posted:

Does the PSTV play Ys games? I don't need a vita but I'd like to play 7 and Celceta before Ys 8 comes out.

They just recently put Celceta on the whitelist, so you should be good to go. Seven was psp anyway so no worries there.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy if you plan on doing all 3 routes I recommend playing Hugo on the easiest setting cause his mode is a snore.

3rd character the best tho.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

I haven't decided yet. I may not do other routes right away, unless there are huge differences?

The reason I say that is that while I haven't played any more today, I might have gotten a bit carried away this morning:

There's a few unique bosses, 3rd character has an entirely new final boss(because he's the canon route that leads to Ys1)

Also congrats on your good decisions.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Evil Eagle posted:

Next, the winter of Ys continues with Ark of Napishtim.

Happy new Ys.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I haven't played VI for like a week because I got to the part where I have three swords and kept getting lost in this huge cave and I haven't picked it up since. Definitely one of the weaker entries but afaik it's one of the first 3D ones and hasn't really been touched up/revised like most of the other entries have?

use a map for that cave imo.

all that got touched up in the rerelease is they added calamity mode and warping which is good because the game was a backtracky slog without it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Holy cow Toal is the most fun Ys character ever

lookin forward to your reaction to the bonus boss you can only fight as Toal.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hizke posted:

Nightwolve is going to kill somebody over this.

he's gonna be stoked cause Xseed no longer has the license to Ys.

Which fuckin sucks by the way NISA is a terrible localization company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

8 is a PS4 game

it's also coming to PC, which I'm guessing was a big factor in NISA getting it since Xseed isn't equipped to make their own ports.

• Locked thread