Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think you should treat Ys III and Felghana as separate since even though one's a remake, their fairly different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_X7i8z7xXc

Ys III has my favorite soundtrack, both 16 bit and the remade orchestral metal one they did for Felghana... So freaking badass.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic 16 Bit Drum Win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QAKPJkNsnw WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The SNES version of 3 is harder than Felghana from what I've played.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also a PC Engine version, a turbo grafx version I think, a genesis version, and a NES version, but IMO SNES has the best music even though the jap PC versions are actual recordings instead of 16 bit music...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please add this testimonial to the OP: https://youtu.be/7KUz_KcZ8eo?t=2m59s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In quote form, if you prefer:

Ys III the Wand'rers of Ys - I fell in love with this when I first played it. It was ported here by Sammy of America and Sammy sucks... My friend jocks them 'cause they have something to do with SNK and...well... SNK sucks now, regardless of what your opinion is, of them... Ys III on Super NES, however, is a very faithful port, to... I... really don't know what the... original version of the game was for. I wanna say TG16CD which was excellent. Had some of the best soundtracks you'll ever from a game... 'Course Ys always had a good soundtrack. I suggest the Genesis version though if you want a cart-based one, 'cause that game actually had the most... awesome use of the Genesis sound processor. And that's not an exaggeration.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

this is such a sick feeling. approaching the final boss i think.

The SNES game has that exact screen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Sister Sonic is a cancelled role-playing video game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.[1] Sega was to partner with Falcom, developer of the game, Popful Mail, to rework characters from the Sonic franchise into Popful Mail.[2] The game was to star Sonic the Hedgehog's long lost sister.[3][4] However, the game was ultimately cancelled in favor of releasing simply an English translation of Popful Mail in 1995.[5][6]

This looks like a conspiracy theory that a devout Sonic fan snuck into a wikipedia article to try to uncover the facts hid by Sega and Falcom.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

[Sonic and the Black Knight] was de-listed in 2010, following on from Sega's decision to remove all Sonic titles with mixed Metacritic scores from retail stores in order to increase the value of the brand after positive reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I and Sonic Colors.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You could probably get away with playing the ones you just bump into stuff on a phone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

since ys is my favorite joanna newsom album and I just saw her live three days ago (heres a pic i took)

i thought i would play one of them. I think I will play one of the PSP ones, can I start with 7 or should I do Felghana or what

This is quite possibly the most insane attempt at an offhand segue to derail into the most insane respective subject matter I've ever seen. Bravo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Theres also an italian prog rock band called il balleto di bronzo that released an album called ys in like 1975. P deece actually, somewhat 9vershadowed by the games and joanna newsom tho

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IIRC other than the regular Japanese thing where they have characters with the same name and mostly similar traits but their actually in totally different periods of times or even planets or whatever, the stories aren't that connected to each other and a Ys game isn't too much about the story anyway in my experience, so the chronology don't really matter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1991 - the year I was born.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Nightmare in felgahana sucked cuz the enr nm ies all habe a billion hp and u do no damage and get likekilled in 2 hit

Come on dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love the UI of Ys games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Ys III leveling up is extremely helpful, for sure.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

Yeah when I made that post each one of my attacks did maybe 1/100th of his HP but then I leveled up twice and killed him in 4 hits. Lol.

I said it already probably but in Ys III as a kid I could never get past the Tigray Quarry (Forget what it's called in Oath) until I learned what hill to stand on and tape down the attack and up buttons overnight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm playing Celceta on hard right now and I'm stuck at the fish boss and I think I'm really underleveled. My only option are to endlessly retry or to load my save game from 4+ hours ago :negative:

This happened to me as a kid in Ys III on SNES... It's drat brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've listened to the soundtrack more hours than I've played the game.

• Locked thread