Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played Origin and Oath in Felghana and love both, and I played a bit of AoN before it was released on steam with improvements and I wasn't really feeling it. Definitely going to grab Ys 1+2 during the winter steam sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just realized I don't have oath on steam, so my lucky number is 17

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Game on,

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm about to play ys I

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book gifted it to me yesterday.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm a fan of the bump to talk system already.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you picked the wrong character

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Nooo! I even spoke with the gifter prior to starting! Please tell me what I'm missing out on

yunica's just more fun imo, you can play who you want to.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Up to the mine in Ys I, this game is great. I'm using the original PC-88 soundtrack.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The mine is brutal on hard mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bat family demon at the bottom of the mines in Ys I is kicking my rear end and I have all the silver equipment.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I quit for the night on the giant rock that spits other rocks. I don't comprehend this boss at all but I only tried once.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just got to the final boss of Ys I.

w t f

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dark fact is dead, and I stole his book.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

double kill

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does every single enemy have unique dialog? This game is epic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This Ys II song is epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_W_qAkNok

Ys II even has awesome sewer level music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9wNKVugLQ

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 27, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Currently sailing to Felghana for the first time in several years. I'm excited to finally play hard and nightmare.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does the PSTV play Ys games? I don't need a vita but I'd like to play 7 and Celceta before Ys 8 comes out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

About to pull the trigger on one then. I'm going to need a vita memory card right?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't played Oath since before it was on steam and man is this game awesome. I'm really happy that I now own all of the Ys games on steam.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I completely forgot how to fight the bridge bird in lava zone.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That harpy boss on the mountain was awesome. The best part about replaying this game after so long is that I forgot almost every boss. I have no idea what the bosses are in the castle aside from chester but I do remember that there are like 4 of them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Valestein Castle... :worship: :mario:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2 bosses down in Valestein Castle and I think yellow is my new favorite magic. Green was definitely my favorite in my first playthrough but yellow is so drat satisfying to use. I need to find the battle sword...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh hell yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Time to end 2015 with a bang.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love how Adol has 6 different sprites depending on your equipment set.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ooof. The final boss is kicking my rear end once he hits phase 2.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

God drat phase 3 is insane. I love this boss.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Next, the winter of Ys continues with Ark of Napishtim.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just realized that Oath has a difficulty beyond nightmare... :dogbutton:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

Ok drat, I finally started Oath in Felghana after some controller issues last I tried, and the intro's music blew me away. I'm totally suckered in. I set the game on normal, is that a mistake?

No normal is good. Enjoy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The thread tag is me after slamming into the final boss's eyeball with earth magic and activating burst to deal 3500 damage in mere seconds.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hizke posted:

lol he had a straight up no domain site that was even better years before, but long story short this dude translated YS I & II PC / Napishtim and got pissed when he was working on Felghana and the patch was leaked when it was completed. Dude flipped out and made insane posts that featured 80 gifs of the dark knight joker clapping and calling ys fans bitching, worthless pirating freeloaders, lol. ALso, he put his donation poo poo up on the site and the only way you were supposed to get the patch was if you donated to him. he 's insanely cool

wasn't there a thing where one line of dialog was not translated unless you got the donation version of the patch? or am I thinking of a different insane translator

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ys VI is weird so far. Adol has a 3 hit combo, there's no burst and the area design seems a lot different than Oath. I just got the first real sword though so I'm interested to see how the combat opens up.

Is there any good reason to beat the halberd guy the first time Adol meets him or is just for a steam achievement. I'm playing on Hard/Catastrophe.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 1, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh hell yes Adol gets a lightning rapier. Ys VI has cool weapons.

Limewater Cave is extremely confusing though. I'm going to have to draw a map.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Current progress through this effed up labyrinth.

We're gonna need a bigger map.

• Locked thread