Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys is one of my favorite game series. Dogi is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
didn't even realize Napishtim was on steam until yesterday.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
VI is good, played the PC version with the patch from insane game translator Nightwolve years back, then i played the cool PS2 port of it with the amaizng 3D intro FMV.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
for cool Ys history look at anything this dude writes http://www.ysutopia.net/

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Without reading anything on this website it has the look and design of an insane fan site from the early 2000s and it's awesome.

lol he had a straight up no domain site that was even better years before, but long story short this dude translated YS I & II PC / Napishtim and got pissed when he was working on Felghana and the patch was leaked when it was completed. Dude flipped out and made insane posts that featured 80 gifs of the dark knight joker clapping and calling ys fans bitching, worthless pirating freeloaders, lol. ALso, he put his donation poo poo up on the site and the only way you were supposed to get the patch was if you donated to him. he 's insanely cool

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

haha

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys games aren't about insanely complicated plots, it's about Adol adventuring with his pal Dogi and meeting new babes.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I never said i wanted super complicated bullshit, just not something so... bland, by the numbers... dont get me wrong i love the games and gameplay comes first but i was expecting a longstanding series to niot be so rote
Complex is not the same as fresh! You can be simple and inventive!

ya that's true. maybe 8 will bring some changes, even 7 kinda did. but you'd need a modern handheld -_-

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
adol fell off a boat

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys VI had one of my favorite boss fight themes in video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DfzxdyfRO4

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lmao nightwolve rules

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

He's right XSeed localizes all those insane vita pedo dungeon crawlers

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I cant wait, it looks real good

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Nightwolve is going to kill somebody over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

he's gonna be stoked cause Xseed no longer has the license to Ys.

Which fuckin sucks by the way NISA is a terrible localization company

lol but whats bad about NISA?

• Locked thread