Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
OATH IN FELGHANA FTW!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

My plan was to give you 3 copies (the mystery 4 pack) but now I will be changing plans

just trade teh freakin gifts to the guy then he can do as he pleases with em

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oath has the better bosses

that harpy fight is so cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Slur posted:

So, have any of you played any other Falcom titles recently? I'm making my way through Popful Mail and Trails of Cold Steel.

id really like to play trails in the sky

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

That harpy boss on the mountain was awesome. The best part about replaying this game after so long is that I forgot almost every boss. I have no idea what the bosses are in the castle aside from chester but I do remember that there are like 4 of them.

The ona that spawns spikes ans has a flail was really cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
As muchas i like them, ys games have the most typical stories and characters ever. I mean sometimes you dont want some grandiose overcomplicated bullshit but like the plot device in origins is an evil orb called the black pearl

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I never said i wanted super complicated bullshit, just not something so... bland, by the numbers... dont get me wrong i love the games and gameplay comes first but i was expecting a longstanding series to niot be so rote
Complex is not the same as fresh! You can be simple and inventive!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
origin takes such a long fuckin time to start yea

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ys games taught me all i want is a game that is nothing but badass bosses with cool patterns and kickass music!! yeah!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

fyi you do unlock Toal after just Yunica in Ys Origin and he's extremely fun. I've already fought like 4 new bosses and it seems like he fights all of the great giant bosses. I'm on the sandworm now though and don't know what to do without Yunica's phoenix.

*unsheathes ys origin*

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

this god drat sandworm

its such a bad boss

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

mage guy is worse than axe girl iirc

i never finished origin with him

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmfao i just noticed the thread tag being PRESS SQUARE and having played only oath and felghana i found it funny thank you for reading my post

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oath >>>>>> origin

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
origuin has super samey environments and a lot of teh bosses are fcuking bulllshit like that weird plant monster you fight in quicksand that are boring/annoying to fight oath has cool stuff like the knight in valestein castle the 3 harpies (best bossfight in either game) both chester fights, the tank the nun

origin has the worm, the circle lava guy... the witch with the statues...
the rest waws bad!!!
also oath had better boss music and memorable tunes in general

theyre both really erally good games though but gently caress palying origin as the huge fact

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its somehow mashier than adol/yunica

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the giant blue lady monster in the caves is easily one of the worst bosses in either game and it put me off from playing oath for a while, which is a shame cause its right at the start

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The harpies fightis one of my favourite boss fights in any game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oath is so good. Really good boss fights even if the final boss is dumb and the blue lady at the start is some tedious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the oath boss fight themes were better imo and valestein castle is top tier

• Locked thread