Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

ah poo poo.. In Training got his self probated. now well never know who won the contest

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He found my post in the Imp Crew thread I guess

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oath in Felghana is really rough lol. That epic 640x480 resolution.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does the Ys Origin intro cinematic have French audio anyway lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just realized I picked the boring rear end mage last time... I picked Axe Girl this time and she's already way more fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made it to the 5th floor and beat the first boss after a few tries. It took me a few tries to realize that I cannot in fact heal during boss fights (yet, at least).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda feel bad for not playing the game you gave me, but, Ys Origins supports an xbox controller.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

No worries. What was the first origins boss again

Demon guy who turns into bat swarm

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whirlwind doesn't give you iframes it just breaks those bubbles before you can walk into them.

I beat The Beast pretty easily but now Trident Girl is pwning my rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i've bested epona, but she was tough for me, not insanely tough but a big step up from the last two. I just unlocked the bolt strike ability and it really owns... its a good game, gamers

I feel like she hurts me too much and I don't do enough damage. What level were you. Maybe I just need to go back and clear that other branch (i went left and straight to the boss). I did not forget the Ring Mail & I blessed it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol. Awesome. I love making maps for old games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

The PC-88 soundtrack is there, but the CD audio soundtrack from the PC Engine/TurboGrafx version is not. Here's what it sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4l4KtzXNUA

These games have badass soundtracks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be excited about the new Ys game, but I'm not going to import a game no matter how good and it's gonna be forever before it gets localized so welp

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

why use a map when you can make one!

Cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im excited for the upcoming Ys game, here's hoping it doesn't look like one of those PS2 games that got ported to PC in 2008. Its kind of charming in a way but dang.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also it would be cool if they had voice acting this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It doe. At least it has Japanese voice idk they'll record English ones for the localization

I hope if they don't you can at least keep the Japanese voices.

elf help book posted:

its a ported vita game

Isn't that like almost the same thing

• Locked thread