Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's a really good series, Oath is excellent but my favorite of the ones I've played is Seven. It's also a pretty good Joanna Newsom album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Is Seven like a traditional Ys game or does it have a party like Celceta.
It has a party

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really wanna play Celceta but I don't have a Vita and the IZ convinced me not to buy one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Maybe Ys 8 will have online multiplayer :staredog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The maniacs at Falcom must be... encouraged

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what game do I start with. Origins? 1? 3?
I think Oath in Felghana is a good jumping-in point, each game is pretty self contained and I think the first 2 are a little too archaic gameplay-wise nowadays

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fiber posted:

it'd be cool to finally play one of these on a console
A couple of them came out on PS2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Please be sym0athetic to SNKs fighting game group. Theyre trying their best to make games 20 brazilians, 5 mexicans, 3 chinamen, amd 2 koreans will play. But they are trapped in an unused warehouse that serves a chicken manure storage facility, and pachinko ball regreasing plant. Theu are constantly beset by intoperable noose and smell. They scavange for food and potable water on the forlorn docks of Guangzhou between the hours 1 am to 3 am. They simply want 2 model angels breasts and rear end in kond of janky ps2 era 3d. Fate and 2 billion hens conspire against them. LeND Them your strength!!!!

*Solemnly but with a glimmer of hope and resilience in my eye* I will.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Origins and oath are best. The snes 3 is worth playing. 1 and 2 have a million remakes I'd stick with the steam bersion. 5 is garbage. 6 i habent plaued. 7 is vita exclus9ve gently caress you god. Bye.
7 is on PSP not vita

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training how do you like 7. I'm gonna get the Vita one soon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I bought Oath in Felghana. Gaming is good.
Well done. I'm hoping for a PSN sale on Celceta today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I realized I had some money in my Paypal so I bought Memories of Celceta. Merry Ysmas everyone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congratulations to net cafe scandal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Somebody's watching the Cavs/Warriors game right now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

which psp ys is best?

7 is my favorite but Oath in Felghana is extremely good too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ys-viii-details-dana-dual-protagonists

Bump. Ys 8 has two protagonists and two worlds. you control adol in the real world, and Dana in the dream world inside Adol's head. Badass

Ys: Dream Team

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oath or 7 are both good starts I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Bump because falcom had some event in Japan and confirmed 2017 western release of Ys VIII for PS4!!!!

Nice

• Locked thread