Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i haven't played the ys games nearly as much as i should have, but i really like the music and yuzo koshiro should probably get whatever the japanese equivalent of a knighthood is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQptp2OKmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VOtV25FFz8

okay peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
how does falcom even make money nowadays?

i'm not complaining, it's just that developing sequels to msx games primarily for vita and pc in japan doesn't seem like it'd cover the bills

is it purely off of soundtrack cd sales? because i can get behind that

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
the sonic storyboard games were an absolute shitshow.

turns out cutting one game (2006)'s development team in half and dictating that one of the halves work on unrelated wii spinoffs just gets you a bunch of lovely half-finished games instead of one mediocre, finished one

not that any sonic game since the genesis can realistically be considered solid and bug-free...

anyway i kind of want to play ys 1 again because i'm a sadomasochist who likes First Step Towards Wars a little too much, how's the iphone port? apparently the translation in it is worse than the steam version?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You could probably get away with playing the ones you just bump into stuff on a phone.
yeah that's ys 1 and that's why i'm even vaguely considering it. trying to play oath on a touchscreen would be... it'd be something, alright

In Training posted:

Ys I is pwnage but I can't imagine playing 99% of games ever made on mobile, but if I had to rank it, Ys games and platinum games would be tied for first on my DO NOT PLAY THESE GAMES ON A SMARTPHONE
platinum made a cool mobile game tho ... :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Oh Come All Ys Faithful

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Does the PSTV play Ys games? I don't need a vita but I'd like to play 7 and Celceta before Ys 8 comes out.
apparently yes, as of a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Up next - Ys I
i hope you like bumping! and cool music!

• Locked thread