Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

coyo7e posted:

Seriously Pidgy, why did you make this Cykko guy admin, he's obnoxious and keeps trying to loving boss me around. He keeps accusing me of stealing 300 hide for some reason.
:lol: hide is so easy to obtain that people dont even bother looting it later on in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

coyo7e posted:

Seriously Pidgy, why did you make this Cykko guy admin, he's obnoxious and keeps trying to loving boss me around. He keeps accusing me of stealing 300 hide for some reason.

edit: oh now he's decided that I stole 20 loving metal ingots for some reason. cute.

Because he knows what he's doing, and I needed an active admin for tribe management. No offense, but you don't have a tight enough grasp on the game for me to rely on you for those duties. You and him both have strong personalities. Individually I think you're both awesome but together I can't stand either of you. I'll talk to him when I get back on, but please kiss and make up. I can't stand the bickering.

And when you say someone got in the front door, do you mean the actual door, into the base, or one of the airlocks? And by saying the beds were left alone at east spawn do you imply that they were destroyed at our main base? Because losing some dinosaurs is obnoxious but assaulting the base itself is an act of war.

And I swear to god if Prissypants isn't alive and well those fuckers are getting wiped off the face of the server.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Funkmaster General posted:

Because he knows what he's doing, and I needed an active admin for tribe management. No offense, but you don't have a tight enough grasp on the game for me to rely on you for those duties. You and him both have strong personalities. Individually I think you're both awesome but together I can't stand either of you. I'll talk to him when I get back on, but please kiss and make up. I can't stand the bickering.

And when you say someone got in the front door, do you mean the actual door, into the base, or one of the airlocks? And by saying the beds were left alone at east spawn do you imply that they were destroyed at our main base? Because losing some dinosaurs is obnoxious but assaulting the base itself is an act of war.

And I swear to god if Prissypants isn't alive and well those fuckers are getting wiped off the face of the server.
I don't give a poo poo about being admin, but this kid is a real piece of work. He's accusing me of "being 20 years old" and just constantly runs at the mouth. The entire loving reason I built a different base is because I couldn't mute him. Now he thinks he's the most critical member of the tribe and flies off the handle when I don't do what he loving orders me to. He is literally following me around saying "why the gently caress are you even in the tribe if you aren't going to hang out and help?" Because I can't stand this over-caffeinated wanker ordering me to loving do something every ten minutes and then flying off the handle at me over stupid poo poo he makes up.

I saw his stack of legendary hide, it was only like in the low 200s, and there wasn't anywhere near the amount of loving ingots he claims were there. The numbers keep getting bigger though!

edit: I logged out last night standing just inside the first front door, I assumed someone came through and killed me. That's another reason I don't give a poo poo to do anything Cykko orders me to do - every time I log back in I've been loving killed, but the hey now the mortar and pestle was demolished and moved to a corner that takes ten minutes to ind it, while I'm being accused of "taking all the mats that everybody else worked for" like I've never put a single item into anything.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 19, 2015

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006

This guy got into the first airlock by ambushing Grim/Hepnotik as he opened the door. Unfortunately CJ/coyo7e was in the first airlock unconscious when it all went down and the same person killed him. Prissypants is fine.

I can verify that we did lose 200+ hide and 15-20metal from the smithy, but I've gamed with coyo7e occasionally in the past and don't think he's that kind of rear end in a top hat. could it possibly be a bug?

Edit: One of the D2M guys (I think) said he saw the guy attacking the dinos, he apparently lured them toward the wall somehow using a slingshot and got their tails to clip through the wall/spikes, which he then attacked to kill them. Trike the lvl 65 Triceratops is fine though.

DINOSARUS fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 19, 2015

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Cykko has a massive superiority complex, and it sounds like he's being an rear end in a top hat. I'll talk to him about it. He was angry last night about you going off to build a second base while we were trying to finish the primary one, mostly because he knows the game well enough to know where the good spots are and doesn't think the eat coast is one of them.

I agree with him that the second base is unnecessary, but gently caress man, settle wherever you want. We can worry about what spots are good or not later. I want to play the game, not sperg out about doing it perfectly. He also definitely overestimates how much stuff we have and blames anyone but himself when he finds some is missing.

He's a cool guy and much better at the game than us, and I want to keep him around, but it sounds like we need to get him on the same page.

To be fair, though, you can be a real rear end in a top hat too, coyote, just in different ways. Primarily, pissing other players off for no reason, interupting people, and being slow to accept advice. Like I said, individually you both are great and your flaws are manageable, but together you form this perfect shitstorm that's really hard to escape. I want you around as well, but you're both going to have to learn to play together. Once again, when I get back on later we'll try to sort things out, as long as you're both willing.

I hate it when a game is ruined for me because I'm playing with people who can't get along. Let's please not let that happen. I love you both. :)

Anyone still online, can you tell me if the bronto damaged the base or not, and which dinos survived if any?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
No this is not an "oh CJ you're also at fault as well," the kid is loving insufferable. He literally spent an hour shouting at me in global chat and accusing me of of being a thief, threatened me in global chat, and of course he refused to just loving fast-travel over to my house and talk like a normal person, and there's no way I'm going to trvael across the loving map while I'm doing stuff, just so some idiot can accuse me of stupid poo poo and probably try to kill me to prove that I've got an inventory full of metal ingots, or gkick me when I still don't do what he wants.

It's hilarious that he was literally complaining about me to you, no wonder he's already jumping the gun to accuse me of whatever doesn't go his way. He's never done a loving thing WITH me, not even FOR me. He just talks talks talks while I find out that he didn't bother to protect me while I was logged out, and thus I have to craft a new loving metal pick and pike and then get accused of theft for using the only loving smithy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
By the way D2M wants to make a bunch of guns for us if we can find enough metal for it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I'm not saying you're at fault for anything. You don't have an obligation to follow his orders and I trust that you either didn't take his mats or only did so to craft something you actually needed. He's the one being a douche in this situation.

What I am saying is that the issue is being compounded because your personality flaws and his synch up in such a way that it makes you both obnoxious.

Just please try to get along until I can find a peaceful solution. I'm tired of hearing the complaints from both ends of the argument.

coyo7e posted:

By the way D2M wants to make a bunch of guns for us if we can find enough metal for it.

Swag. We can scrounge some up pretty quickly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Likin this drama. I'm gonna side with coyo7e despite never meeting any of you. I mainly find it funny that Cykko's main contribution is game knowledge or some poo poo. It's a weird thing to be proud of, and even weirder that his skills are being sought out like some kind of wise old sage. It all just reminds me why I think this game is way more fun solo.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Thanks Pidgey I assume you talked to him a little, he calmed way the hell down. As long as he's not just manically bragging about himself or giving orders he's fine, but I figured it'd be better for everyone if I had a quiet little jimmy buffet hut to chill in for when I lose patience and stop being polite about it, and instead start announcing that it's time to play The Quiet Game and that the first loser who can't stop talking for 3 minutes, gets killed. :btroll:

dunno where your monkey is though, sorry.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I just bought this since it looked fun and that trial was long enough for me to figure out how to build pants. I think I played with you guys in Brutal Legend and it's always good to kick it with goons. My current gamertag is Paroxysmal K and i'll be in the server as soon as this buggy browser will let me! :argh:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Thanks Pidgey I assume you talked to him a little, he calmed way the hell down. As long as he's not just manically bragging about himself or giving orders he's fine, but I figured it'd be better for everyone if I had a quiet little jimmy buffet hut to chill in for when I lose patience and stop being polite about it, and instead start announcing that it's time to play The Quiet Game and that the first loser who can't stop talking for 3 minutes, gets killed. :btroll:

dunno where your monkey is though, sorry.

I actually haven't talked to him yet, still stuck at work. Glad to hear he's calmed down, though. All the better if the situation resolved itself.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Likin this drama. I'm gonna side with coyo7e despite never meeting any of you. I mainly find it funny that Cykko's main contribution is game knowledge or some poo poo. It's a weird thing to be proud of, and even weirder that his skills are being sought out like some kind of wise old sage. It all just reminds me why I think this game is way more fun solo.

The drama is stupid and I'm probably making it worse by airing it in public, so, sorry.

For the record, the guy's "main contribution" is just that he's my buddy and his knowledge of the game was just the reason I admin'd him, since that was asked about. I guess I kept bringing it up because "he knows what he's doing" seemed like a better defense of his sometimes-dickish behavior than "he plays games with me sometimes," although maybe it really isn't.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Is there any way to find out where you are on that handheld map thing? I got in the server and have just been messing around but I can't seem to figure out where to go to reach the tribe. Does the game indicate north?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Bedlam posted:

Is there any way to find out where you are on that handheld map thing? I got in the server and have just been messing around but I can't seem to figure out where to go to reach the tribe. Does the game indicate north?

You can get a compass from the base once you find us. Otherwise you just need to watch the sun to figure it out.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Welp, I'd love to join you guys, but it looks like I'm going to be spending the rest of my trial playing the server list refresh minigame.

E: Of course, as soon as it popped up and I joined, I got the message that my trial ended. Went ahead and bought the game against my better judgement...back to the server list!!

marjorie fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 20, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

I actually haven't talked to him yet, still stuck at work. Glad to hear he's calmed down, though. All the better if the situation resolved itself.

The drama is stupid and I'm probably making it worse by airing it in public, so, sorry.

For the record, the guy's "main contribution" is just that he's my buddy and his knowledge of the game was just the reason I admin'd him, since that was asked about. I guess I kept bringing it up because "he knows what he's doing" seemed like a better defense of his sometimes-dickish behavior than "he plays games with me sometimes," although maybe it really isn't.
it's fine, the drama was super stupid and complicated by everybody not being in chat range and then me assuming if I came in chat range someone might kill me over and over lol. I collected like 200+ HIDE AND TAMED A loving FLYING DINOSAUR AND EVERYTHING IS AWESOME AGAIN HOLY poo poo SO AWESOME RIDING ON A PTERANADON :black101:

Our base is about at 70,70, it's literally the farthest southeast river delta on the map, so if you get onto server 65, spawn at "Easy 3" and then head SE or east, keep the ocean on your right.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 21, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I cannot get online to save my life, I'm going to bed, I am pretty sure I was inside the base when I went AFK but every time I try to get into the game it hard locks my console at the search filter so v:shobon:v

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

coyo7e posted:

I cannot get online to save my life, I'm going to bed, I am pretty sure I was inside the base when I went AFK but every time I try to get into the game it hard locks my console at the search filter so v:shobon:v

You were inside but barely. Dragged you to the safest inner section. We also secured your ptero. To avoid further drama, new rule is only ride dinosaurs you tamed yourself or have explicit permission from the tamer to ride. This means your ptero is yours, Cykko's ptero is his, etc. Gathering dinos are free to use, but if you break it you buy it. (Kill a dino, tame a replacement that's as good or better).

Too tired to go through everything right now but the short version is that the HQ is vastly improved. Up tommorow: A second compound entrance facing the water, inside lighting via wall torches kept constantly lit by sparkpowder, which is now beyond trivial to make.

Please don't let the drama scare you off, goons, we all love each other again and only complain behind each others backs instead of in front of each others faces now! We need more people! Keep spamming that server join.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there a goon PVE server yet?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This is pretty fun, but I die a lot. I haven't tried to get on the server yet because I value my sanity.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

robotsinmyhead posted:

This is pretty fun, but I die a lot. I haven't tried to get on the server yet because I value my sanity.

Same. I got on once, wandered for an hour, finally found the base, then got killed by someone on a scorpion before I could get admitted.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just picked this game up the other night but haven't had the time to make a good go at it. Ill pop into the goon server later tonight after work.

GT: Beastie Bomber

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
This drama sounds hilarious and I am so going to join it.

GamerTag: SirDrone

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Guys, when you make your character, you give it a name, and THAT is what shows up in game. Your gamertag is useless information unless you also name your character that (which I did, but most people seem not to).

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This server joining is the purestrain unadulterated bullshit I was lead to believe it was. Excellent descriptions fellas.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

robotsinmyhead posted:

This server joining is the purestrain unadulterated bullshit I was lead to believe it was. Excellent descriptions fellas.
http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1468-xbox-patch-notes-v7299-eta-early-next-week/

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

You were inside but barely. Dragged you to the safest inner section. We also secured your ptero. To avoid further drama, new rule is only ride dinosaurs you tamed yourself or have explicit permission from the tamer to ride. This means your ptero is yours, Cykko's ptero is his, etc. Gathering dinos are free to use, but if you break it you buy it. (Kill a dino, tame a replacement that's as good or better).

Too tired to go through everything right now but the short version is that the HQ is vastly improved. Up tommorow: A second compound entrance facing the water, inside lighting via wall torches kept constantly lit by sparkpowder, which is now beyond trivial to make.

Please don't let the drama scare you off, goons, we all love each other again and only complain behind each others backs instead of in front of each others faces now! We need more people! Keep spamming that server join.
You secured my ptero? I wasn't riding my ptero. Everybody else and their loving grandmother seems to be cool with renaming my dinosaurs and taking them, although I've literally never gotten onto any dino I didn't personally tame..

What drama about dinos happened after I couldn't get back in? :getin:

edit: I also fixed my literally game-breaking bug: if you highlight the game in the XBox UI and then hit Start button and go to manage game, there's a 512M "reserved space cache". I had a suspicion that the entire thing felt like a memory bleed problem so if you start getting weird screens freezing in your face making the game unplayable, go into the storage for Ark and delete the 512 reserved space cache, it will re-create itself on next game start-up. Apparently the game saves most of your character player-side though, so do not delete the 1M cache named after your gamertag. (also now I'm level 1 so help me :ohdear: )

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 20, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

How the gently caress are you meant to find a server to play with a friend? All the servers it shows are full? And, once you've left a server, what's the guarantee you can get back in?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

coyo7e posted:

You secured my ptero? I wasn't riding my ptero. Everybody else and their loving grandmother seems to be cool with renaming my dinosaurs and taking them, although I've literally never gotten onto any dino I didn't personally tame..

Jesus dude, I just meant I put him in an enclosed pen.

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist
This game is a blast but kinda grindy.

In-game as JeffyBed on NA65 with a real life buddy of mine. We made a tribe called Roadkill and our house is in the Southeast part of the island. Just giving a heads-up in case you see us out there. Those Agony guys seem a bit high strung so far from the few times i've bumped into them.

Also, i don't get why people build directly on the beach. It's like they're asking to be raided.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Marverick posted:

This game is a blast but kinda grindy.

In-game as JeffyBed on NA65 with a real life buddy of mine. We made a tribe called Roadkill and our house is in the Southeast part of the island. Just giving a heads-up in case you see us out there. Those Agony guys seem a bit high strung so far from the few times i've bumped into them.

Also, i don't get why people build directly on the beach. It's like they're asking to be raided.
It seems dumb at first to build "in plain sight" however, at a certain point you'll be way more concerned about how loving many seconds it takes to get to the river without dying of dehydration - build a waterskin and put it on your hotbar and use it when you're knee-deep, to fill and roughly double the range you can go/do before becoming thirsty. You don't have to manually drink unless you've got more than one skin.

Also I don't mean to be pushy however it would probably be a good idea for you and your friend to just join our clan, it'll give us one extra house and you access to two others, and it's super annoying to deal with people who aren't in your clan, because it takes like 45 seconds for a dumb noob with a stone axe to chop a hole in your PIN-coded storage chest unless you can like, smelt a safe or something..

Our main base is at 70, 70 on the very SE-most river delta in the bottom corner of the map, you can't go farther without swimming out into the ocean. next to D2S (they're friendly and have charming accents so say hi if you see their spiky little houses littered around), and I've got a hut on the east coast around 3 o'clock on a watchface, south side of a lagoon. All my PINs on the east coast are 1278 or 1101, I make a lot of random chests to dump a hundred or two hundred wood into when I'm farming trees with nobody around.

PriorMarcus posted:

How the gently caress are you meant to find a server to play with a friend? All the servers it shows are full? And, once you've left a server, what's the guarantee you can get back in?
use the filter search to search for a portion of the name of the server, all or part of the number for them is enough. It's old'school "spam refresh and keep trying" though. They should add a server queue or something.

Jesus dude, I just meant I put him in an enclosed pen.
what happened to you monkey? why you stressing when you're offline? :laugh:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 20, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

coyo7e posted:

How long did you give it? Sometimes the initial search will take 30-60 seconds, and sometimes hitting "Refresh" will take an interminably long time for no discernible reason. You can't move the cursor or anything until the initial search is complete.
FYI after I cleared that 512 M temp cache, my server refresh takes less than 3 seconds every. single. time.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
oh snap pidgey got killed by somebody while riding a pteradon and now cykko's pissed at him for being such a stupid rear end who might go afk while riding a dino when someone knocked on the door of his IRL house and he went to answer

but now we on the warpath which is p rad even though I dunno who we at war with, all the other clans want to help and cykko claims he's gonna go "PC style"on whoever we're fighting..?

edit: for reals: thanks a loving ton pidgy for going and retrieving my pteradon half an hour ago, that was totally hosed when I got that "2/3 of your screen is blacked out" glitch while trying to figure out how to whistle (also how do I whistle?)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 21, 2015

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I need to get this game, the drama sounds hilarious.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i get dropped at char creation on every server, need some fake drama pls

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Every powerful tribe on the server is on our side. The kids won't know what hit them.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Found a guy unconsious, but he'd been looted. As I was writing a message to his clan to let him know he was going to be dragged to safety, my loving raptor ate him. :doh:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Met both parties of the dramaclub. Both seem like fine and chill folks. These servers are horrific though.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Heads up, only dedicated servers will work atm. Non dedicated servers drop players before they spawn in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I keep seeing SWAMPASS posting in global so I assume at some point Pidgey will get his sweet, sweet revenge

SquirrelGrip posted:

Heads up, only dedicated servers will work atm. Non dedicated servers drop players before they spawn in.
If you check the official forum yeah, non-official sedrever seem to be entirely broken garbage. sorry! :(

• Locked thread