Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
that kid is walking financial security for a therapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Stuntman posted:

quick note that this is the exact same argument people use to poo poo on and discount the experiences of trans youth

it's a legit argument for someone who is still probably learning how not to poo poo themselves and has parents that see them as an extension of their own identity

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 11, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

gently caress the ROW posted:

i know the pays not top tier but honestly im just the kind of person that needs to be around children, the retarded, or animals at all times.. sort of a calling

you don't need to justify spending time with your mom

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

When is this going to reach the tipping point and lead to a real backlash against Gay and Lesbian rights?

I don't see that happening. Transgender acceptance will continue to improve and with it, hopefully, the medical and mental health resources available to them. Eventually, a transgender friend or co-worker will be the same as a gay friend or co-worker or a straight friend or co-worker to the normal, well-balanced population. The gender hipsters will move on to something new once they realize throwing their pronouns at someone just gets a bored "oh, yeah?" response. People will wonder if the new hipster crazy will lead to a backlash against transgender people, but it won't, because it's generally harder for social acceptance to move backwards than forwards unless we go full on fascist in which case all bets are off.

Trump '16

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

The Saurus posted:

he demanded my wife ban me from posting on her facebook wall in order to create a safespace for him

it triggered him when we said syrian refugees should be subject to the same background checks as other immigrants

He sounds like the sort of person you keep in touch with just to watch slowly self destruct.

• Locked thread