Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
The Knife Thread in TFR putters along these days, but if you have questions about your knives there's usually four or five goons that have answers for you that day. People yack about multitools, axes/hatchets, machetes, and other sharp and pointy things that are not just knives. Sometimes flashlights too.

Victorinox Steel is great. My SwissTool is the only multitool I have that doesn't rust in the coastal town I live in. I baby the poo poo out of it though, because SwissTools are just so goddamn pretty. :allears:

I've gone a little compact lately, and have a Spyderco Manbug, Leatherman Squirt PS4, and Fenix E05 all on my keychain. Usually that gets me through most random crap that happens, even at my plumbing job. Anything that can save me a trip to the toolbox or truck is more than welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Enfys posted:

So for people who haven't seen the documentary, what makes Victorinox so special?
The best thing Victorinox has going for them is they have a shitload of inexpensive, durable and useful models.

The other thing they have are the SwissTools, which are priced about the same as other flagship pliers-based multitools, but gently caress SwissTools are so goddamn beautiful that they have to be seen in person.

Other than that, the steel is easy to sharpen and practically rustproof (abeit it's a little soft). For a utility knife, the common full flat ground pen-knife is great for practically anything. Beyond those qualities, they're not really anymore special than Leathermans or SOGs. But for high-value options, Victorinox has a plethora of models that can fit almost anyone.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 29, 2015

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Default Victorinox scissors have always worked well for me. Weirdly enough I almost always end up using them for wrapping paper. If you're okay with smaller pliers, the Deluxe Tinker, Craftsman/Handyman or Hercules might be up your alley. Then there's the SwissTools. :allears:

I've never had a leatherman with scissors, but I think they design a new set for each multitool anyway. I've heard good things about the Juice S2. SOG is usually a little weak in this area (at least on the PowerAssist). There aren't really any multitools with a large set of scissors anything, but many of them cut decently.

edit: I just noticed you said you had a swiss army knife, so if those scissors aren't working for you I don't really have a better recommendation, sorry. :shobon:

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 2, 2016

• Locked thread