Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Blitter posted:

I lost one of my two Rucksack knives with the slide lock to the airport, and they don't sell that style of locking blade anymore. I am trying to avoid losing this one to the trail or the water when doing stuff outdoors, so I was jazzed to find tiny ball bearing swivels (!) and rings from fishing tackle stores, to stop the lanyard from winding up when in use.

I used to have one of these but without the saw. Super handy camping knife and took a great edge. One day about 10 years ago, I misplaced it at work and it never showed up again. I still miss it.

The OPs knife is a very handy pocket knife especially because of the pen. I used to have the computer tech model and I used the pen all the time. There are never any pens in a server room for some reason.

Mine was in black though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Enfys posted:

Are big ones like this with lots of tools awkward to hold/use? I was considering one like that, but it seemed very bulky and like it might be uncomfortable to use.

Wearing jeans? Not uncomfortable at all. I carried one for about 3 years and couldn't even tell it was there.

In slacks or dress pants, awful. It turns sideways and jams up against everything you brush by. If you find yourself constantly repairing equipment, it's worth the discomfort.

• Locked thread