Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

So for people who haven't seen the documentary, what makes Victorinox so special?

I was looking at Victorinox Swiss Army knives not long ago, but I didn't know anything about them. I have a swiss army knife (no idea what kind) that I got at least 15 years ago or so that I keep in my main bag, but I'd like another since I always need it whenever I don't have that bag with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

mostlygray posted:

I used to have one of these but without the saw. Super handy camping knife and took a great edge. One day about 10 years ago, I misplaced it at work and it never showed up again. I still miss it.

The OPs knife is a very handy pocket knife especially because of the pen. I used to have the computer tech model and I used the pen all the time. There are never any pens in a server room for some reason.

Mine was in black though.

Are big ones like this with lots of tools awkward to hold/use? I was considering one like that, but it seemed very bulky and like it might be uncomfortable to use.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I have a multitool that I like because it has a phillips head and turns into pliers, but the scissors on it are useless. I know I can just use the knife to poke or cut through something, but sometimes I really need scissors. Do any multitools or swiss army knives have little scissors that actually work, or are they just too small to be very functional?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

I've been carrying a Victorinox Explorer in my pocket for close to 20 years now. I don't know how I'd get along without it. Actually, come to think of it I DO know: on the occasions that I've flown somewhere with carry-on luggage only, I had to leave anything pointy at home. I found myself reaching into my pocket for it about two or three times a day.

Ooooh that one looks really nice.

I finally found a shop that sold a replacement toothpick for the one I lost years ago. I don't need a toothpick often, but that little empty space in the side bugged me.

• Locked thread