Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JnnyThndrs posted:

I don't care what you guys say, I'm not getting rid of my old CRT TV.

you know JnnyThndrs i remember a thread from years ago i think it was about retro tvs. you mentioned your house is done in mid century style. I always thought that was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I had a recycler that looked like a dude out of a movie. Old man missing teeth, old 70s red truck with phone number spray painted on it. He even had young me tally retarded helper.

He came and took a few appliances from my place along with some scrap metal I then learned that tvs were scrapped for 10 cents a pound. I got ride of three crts no problem.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It took me several reads to grasp this was missing an "N."

Come mister tally man, tally me television
Daylight come and me wanna go home

drat auto correct

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so i have collection of old CRT tvs,

I got a sony trinitron from the 1980's that i grew up with. Here is the crazy thing it only went up to channel 36

I also remember Al bundy on married with children used the same remote for forever as a prop.

I found that photo on a ebay listing just minutes before someone bought it for 90 dollars

Growing up i had a little emerson in my room. Then it started acting up so i got a cool white round GE tv but that only lasted like 2 years so in early 2001 i got another sony trinitron FLAT SCREEN. I remember it was like 320 dollars and only mono sound. In 2008 my 93 year old aunt took over my room and she loved that little tv said it was the best one in the house and in the evening she would watch those talent shows where people sing.

Some how I ended up with this.

Weight alot.

Wega my friend got it from someone, I made the mistake of admiring it now it sits in my living room unused and un loved.

max4me fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 22, 2016

• Locked thread