Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH IS GOING TO STEAL THE SHOW
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
3-Way Tag Team Ladder Match
8-Man Tag Team Tables Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger, for the 25th Time
Ryback vs. Rusev
Charlotte vs. Paige
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns
NOT DOLPH ZIGGLER BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND ALSO IS NOT BOOKED BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View Results

• Locked thread
Dandy GO
Sep 27, 2004

flavour country
Roman's 20 minute promo opening Raw tomorrow is gonna be so good I can't wait! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The rear end Kicker is cool and his entrance deserves cheers.

i will ruin him with thunderous boos and the sheeple at texas stadium will follow my lead

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Oh Snapple! posted:

what i and a lot of other people saw saw was a really loving boring match and most people don't give a single solitary poo poo about "risks" or what they're attempting to do. we want to be entertained,. they failed to do this.

i repeat: the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo. in fact, it is actually the other way around.

If you blame the company I would agree. But both men really tried their best today.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rude fans have refused to get behind Sheamus since 2009. hosed up imo.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Hammerstein posted:

Really ?

What I saw today were two good athletes risking nasty injuries with all these ladder and table spots, to keep me entertained. And it was obvious that they knew they had to pull out all stops from the beginning to win over the audience. And I applaud them for it, the lovely booking of the past is not their fault.

It doesn't matter whose fault how lovely the booking or writing is, storytelling's a huge part of wrestling and if the WWE makes it impossible to invest in any of the characters then it isn't the crowd's fault.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dandy GO posted:

Roman's 20 minute promo opening Raw tomorrow is gonna be so good I can't wait! :dance:

It'll prob/hopefully be like

Michael Cole Or Whoever: Hey Roman tell us why you did that

(Roman spears them and leaves)

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But see that's the thing. Austin sold a lot and made big comebacks. So did Rock. That match was actually perfect. The problem is him cutting lengthy promos and jokey jokes.

and if I remember correctly, back then they had Vince and Trips to cut lengthy promos and all Austin had to do was get in their faces and go "EH EH AUSTIN 3:16 BOTTOM LINE CAN O WHOOP rear end *flips bird* *stunner* *runs mouth off mic*"

why can't they do the same with Roman with all the talky heels they have?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

OldTennisCourt posted:

No one here is saying the crowd should have obeyed the WWE Overlords and cheered at every correct moment, what people are saying is it's pretty loving lame to be dead silent while two dude beat the dog poo poo out of each other in an okay match. It's neither dude's fault the match wasn't amazing and the end was a garbage fart. I'm not saying they HAVE to cheer, it just seems kinda lovely to me to personally to be honest.
Crowds generally don't cheer because they feel guilty. There's a reason a pat on the back is called that, because people dont go nuts to give you consolation

Dandy GO
Sep 27, 2004

flavour country

Soul Glo posted:

It'll prob/hopefully be like

Michael Cole Or Whoever: Hey Roman tell us why you did that

(Roman spears them and leaves)

I really, really hope they've finally worked that out. It's hard to have faith, though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DynamiteKidd posted:

I certainly enjoy the fact that we're currently laughing at the reports of Roman's overness that we received from our own eyes and ears

There's a difference with Roman. When Austin did it to Vince Austin was already super over. When Daniel Bryan did it to Hunter, Bryan was SUPER over with the crowd. Roman has NEVER been over like he was since he's been solo. This is just a temporary fix, that can wear off as soon as Raw or Smackdown start. Couple that with another year that is now a decent possibility of Roman winning the Rumble in order to get a title shot. I'm not for that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's the 4th time they've given Sheamus a bad world title reign, and they've been loving around with Reigns since exactly a year ago (TLC 2014: )

You want to earn respect for that match from a crowd, you should have went into it with at least one success or a slightly-less-longer streak of loving up

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
*miz's music hits, everyone shuffles their feet and loudly claps while looking around awkwardly*

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Fawf posted:

It doesn't matter whose fault how lovely the booking or writing is, storytelling's a huge part of wrestling and if the WWE makes it impossible to invest in any of the characters then it isn't the crowd's fault.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hammerstein posted:

If you blame the company I would agree. But both men really tried their best today.

there's a lot to blame. the booking. roman not being particular good to begin with and how transparently they try to hide it with with gimmicks and ~big spots~. the heatless title reign that is sheamus (sheamus himself is fine in-ring). it all coalesced into a bad product that no one had any reason to give a poo poo about, and just going out there and trying doesn't earn you anything from the crowd because the crowd doesn't pay hundreds of dollars because "well, they'll try."

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Jiro posted:

There's a difference with Roman. When Austin did it to Vince Austin was already super over. When Daniel Bryan did it to Hunter, Bryan was SUPER over with the crowd. Roman has NEVER been over like he was since he's been solo. This is just a temporary fix, that can wear off as soon as Raw or Smackdown start. Couple that with another year that is now a decent possibility of Roman winning the Rumble in order to get a title shot. I'm not for that.

oh crap he's going to get "fired" tomorrow and SURPRISE ROMANS IN THE RUMBLE and then he's going to win reality always sucks more than possibility

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

The crowd would be super hot into anyone murdering HHH.

How long are people going to work to convince themselves that Roman is never over ever?

They NEED to keep Roman like this, but if they do I guarantee you he'll be major over in no time. That match AND post-match was basically perfect in terms of getting the crowd back on Roman's side. They can very easily gently caress it up though.

Needs More Ditka posted:

and if I remember correctly, back then they had Vince and Trips to cut lengthy promos and all Austin had to do was get in their faces and go "EH EH AUSTIN 3:16 BOTTOM LINE CAN O WHOOP rear end *flips bird* *stunner* *runs mouth off mic*"

why can't they do the same with Roman with all the talky heels they have?

You are 100% right, and if they did that with Roman he would get SO loving over. The one encouraging sign is they kept alluding to Roman's kayfabe firing and Roman even yelled from atop the table "I KNOW I'M FIRED, I DON'T CARE NOW!" and he proceeded to continue murder, so...maybe WWE is getting a clue? Possibly?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But see that's the thing. Austin sold a lot and made big comebacks. So did Rock. That match was actually perfect. The problem is him cutting lengthy promos and jokey jokes.

Sheamus had like 80% of the match, he put Roman through 3 tables before roman hit much of anything. Sure, Austin sold in big matches vs top opponents but didn't sell the whole match for everyone he fought and he knew when he shouldn't be selling for people to keep himself strong. And goldberg rarely sold at all and was plenty over. Roman had trouble beating the big show a month ago. In kayfabe, Roman should not be losing a fair fight to Sheamus which he almost managed to do. This is mostly to do with how weak Sheamus has looked up until this match, and why this match didn't work for what it was.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jiro posted:

and again, as much as that post-match segment is the kind of thing that roman should have been doing for ages, it's also one small part of wrestling and he is not particularly good at the other 90% of it.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
The point is they GOT invested and instead of building off of that, they went right back to getting themselves over and faking being jaded, only to get reinvested again.

It was a Something Awful GDT in real life.

E: Oh Snapple!: name one top guy in the WWE that was groomed to be the top guy who was actually good at what you think the other 90% is. gently caress, name one consistently top guy who was. If you say Daniel Bryan or CM Punk I will laugh at you on the Internet

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 14, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I personally don't have any sympathy for anyone who buys a ticket to a WWE main roster show. Anyone who watches Raw and decides 'yeah, it'll be worth paying hundreds of dollars to watch this' deserves a lousy show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong but the people who have spent a thousand dollars on a trip to wrestlemania made the decision to boo roman reigns already

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

was someone there who can explain why flair was losing his poo poo after charlotte's match?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

To clarify, I mean watches Raw and dislikes it. If you like Raw then go hog wild, reward WWE for putting on a good show you like, and if you don't then punish them by not giving them your goddamn money.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Reigns is now almost as over as lighter fluid.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

i'd be more than happy to be proven wrong but the people who have spent a thousand dollars on a trip to wrestlemania made the decision to boo roman reigns already
Rumble sold out in 15 minutes. He's not getting cheered there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Sheamus had like 80% of the match, he put Roman through 3 tables before roman hit much of anything. Sure, Austin sold in big matches vs top opponents but didn't sell the whole match for everyone he fought and he knew when he shouldn't be selling for people to keep himself strong. And goldberg rarely sold at all and was plenty over. Roman had trouble beating the big show a month ago. In kayfabe, Roman should not be losing a fair fight to Sheamus which he almost managed to do. This is mostly to do with how weak Sheamus has looked up until this match, and why this match didn't work for what it was.

When I say it was perfect what I meant was it was a very good exercise in getting the crowd to be more into Roman. See the problem is if he Goldberg'd Sheamus TONIGHT, there would've just been thunderous boos. What they needed to do was have the two of them beat the gently caress outta each other, then gradually had Roman do more cool poo poo (Superman Punch off ladder through table springs to mind), then get screwed, then MURDERDEATHKILL.

They need to run with the tonal shift, but if they do that, this was a great first step.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
WTF happened to Barrett?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/angelsmilehes/status/676250363088011264?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I really wish the TLC game was real. It seems pretty cool.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
cant wait to go into philly to see raw tomorrow. ill be the guy dead center tv side w/ the new day gear on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Angular Landbury posted:

WTF happened to Barrett?
UK tour?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oatgan posted:

i will ruin him with thunderous boos and the sheeple at texas stadium will follow my lead

you son of a bitch oatgan

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just got around to watching the 2 most important things: tag match and lana's outfit. both extremely good

Lux Crownguard
Oct 28, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Rude fans have refused to get behind Sheamus since 2009. hosed up imo.

It's because he's an arse

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Lux Crownguard posted:

It's because he's an arse

a tater tarse

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

just got around to watching the 2 most important things: tag match and lana's outfit. both extremely good

MotU you know I wouldn't steer you wrong so I also urge you to, for hype purposes, watch Ambrose's win and the aftermath of the main.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
hi
that was a good ending and the roman I want to see

bye

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This show had the best opener I've seen in a while, completely crazy and Wrestlemania-level. A lot of the rest was dull until they got to Ambrose/Owens. Didn't think anything interesting would come of a Sheamus match, but I was proven wrong.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You guys are all really just appeased by anything. What was exciting about the post-main last night? Who cares about a feud with HHH in 2015/2016? It's gonna be Roman doing the same boring poo poo he's been doing except now HE'S A WILDMAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

You guys are all really just appeased by anything. What was exciting about the post-main last night? Who cares about a feud with HHH in 2015/2016? It's gonna be Roman doing the same boring poo poo he's been doing except now HE'S A WILDMAN.

A guy who people like when he beats the poo poo out of people but has been booked like a talky stupid guy beat the poo poo out of a bunch of people. People like when they get things they like.

See also: The guy in your avatar would still get big pops this year despite being utterly poo poo at everything because his career has been "Hey, fans like chanting things, I'm going to give them a thing to chant because it'll make them happy".

• Locked thread