Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH IS GOING TO STEAL THE SHOW
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
3-Way Tag Team Ladder Match
8-Man Tag Team Tables Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger, for the 25th Time
Ryback vs. Rusev
Charlotte vs. Paige
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns
NOT DOLPH ZIGGLER BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND ALSO IS NOT BOOKED BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View Results

• Locked thread
MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Chokes McGee posted:

dammit you guys are making me actually want to watch this because I want to see a man die

Look what you've done

Honestly you don't have anything better to do with your life than to watch a murder if you're still posting in WWE GDTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

he did it the absolute madman

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Ruggington posted:

new day rocks

Great in the ring, on the mic, in the booth, they get pops and heat at will.

What can't they do?

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Needs More Ditka posted:

by the way a table elimination match is stupid because that eliminates the possibility of awesome weapon spots in a match filled with people who made a living off of repeatedly killing themselves and fat people who'd make a table spot look gruesome

The gently caress are you smoking? The whole point of the stipulation is for weapon spots and fat people going through tables.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

doos posted:

King being excited about ECW still sounds weird.

:colbert:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

was good until this...thing

This is at least amusingly bad.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Dean Ambrose: Master of Midcard Titles

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

If you want to know the future, imagine a boo when Roman shows his face, forever.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Introducing new Dust Brother: Sawdust.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

No you don't. It's an alright match or whatever but nobody gives a gently caress about either of these guys or this feud, hasn't the entire time and the entire existence of it runs counter to what people actually want so this is more or less the crowd the company deserves, though maybe not these two guys individually.

You'd think that at this point, people would take Clint Eastwood's classic line in Unforgiven to heart and realize deserve's got nothing to do with it.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

welp time for wacky roman

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I told Roman to be Dean and he did it.

The absolute madman

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

But kayfabe has to be at least a little believable?

Undertaker, the Wyatt Family, Kane, Demon Balor, every foreign monster heel, half the poo poo Austin, Foley and Trips have done, etc.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

oatgan posted:

don't blame the crowd for bad booking and bad wrestling

The wrestling was good and the intra-match booking was good. The main event booking leading up was booty, but the in ring product is done well.

gently caress Boston just in general and gently caress this crowd specifically.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

i too want crowds that paid $100-300 to see the show to cheer and boo as props for me, the television viewer at home, to appreciate

gently caress this goon bullshit; if you're throwing hundreds of dollars to be unentertained you're either a fool or a narcissist.

Back in the day, if you didn't like a match, you just booed the poo poo out of it, sat on your hands, left, or chanted mean things about the match and threw things.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

oatgan posted:

the build to the ppv was awful so people didn't care about the majority of the wrestling. If the crowd is sitting on their hands all night its a lovely crowd. This crowd was very into a couple of matches and shat on what they didn't like. That's a good crowd. The only thing there was absolute silence for was Rusev/Ryback and Charlotte/Paige and I don't really blame them for that!

The crowd shat on everything until each match got going. That's a testament to the in-ring doing its job in spite of the horrible loving pre-event booking and Boston being a blasted hellscape.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

Not true. You would just complain to guest services until they gave you better seats and then you'd shut your mouth cause live wrestling is sick no matter what.

Guest Services never gave me poo poo because they don't exist in flea market indies. :smith:

And there's a difference between swallowing poo poo and appreciating workrate and proper in match storytelling. Also what Hammerstein said.

Oh Snapple! posted:

what i and a lot of other people saw saw was a really loving boring match and most people don't give a single solitary poo poo about "risks" or what they're attempting to do. we want to be entertained,. they failed to do this.

i repeat: the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo. in fact, it is actually the other way around.

Is this ironically dumb or shoot dumb? I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

The point is they GOT invested and instead of building off of that, they went right back to getting themselves over and faking being jaded, only to get reinvested again.

It was a Something Awful GDT in real life.

E: Oh Snapple!: name one top guy in the WWE that was groomed to be the top guy who was actually good at what you think the other 90% is. gently caress, name one consistently top guy who was. If you say Daniel Bryan or CM Punk I will laugh at you on the Internet

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 14, 2015

• Locked thread