Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

2016 Goals:

1. Increase Net Worth to 160k

2. Save 10k towards new car

3. Raise emergency fund to 24k

4. Pay cash for new suit and summer vacation. So, plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 114.9 / Q1: 128.7

Wow, we're already almost a quarter of the way into 2016!

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 0 / Q1: 1,800

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 17.7 / Q1: 19.5

sweet_jones posted:

Love the new suit. I've also started a separate savings account that I'll use for vacations. I'm going to try and get 2400 in it by summer. We're going to Belize for two weeks. Stoked.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Already half way through the year!

quote:

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 114.9 / Q1: 128.7 / Q2: 140.8

quote:

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 0 / Q1: 1,800 / Q2: 1,900

I've been cycling more and laughing about how dusty/ugly my old car is. I'll keep saving for this though.

quote:

sweet_jones posted:

Begin: 17.7 / Q1: 19.5 / Q2: 22.3

quote:

sweet_jones posted:

Love the new suit. I've also started a separate savings account that I'll use for vacations. I'm going to try and get 2400 in it by summer. We're going to Belize for two weeks. Stoked.

Update: just got back, Belize was the best vacation I've ever had. Amazing in many ways, but not having the cost of the trip set aside ahead of time bears relevance here.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

sweet_jones posted:

2016 Goals:

This was a good year; I mostly stuck with my goals while also buying a 101 year old house!

1. I'm seeing the futility in using NW as a goal and also the ambiguity of it as well. For me, I intended to get to 160 in investments and this happened.

2. I dropped this one. I moved really close to most everything important and while still lovely, my current car is only being used around once every two weeks. This should extend it's life for a while longer and put this goal on the back burner. Riding a bike, it turns out, is much cooler than driving.

3. Done.

4. Done.

My goals for next year are going to be really simple: max 403b and 457 contributions. Never maxed either and I feel like everything else is in a good place.

• Locked thread