Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
2016 goals on $45K net

Get emergency moving fund: $5,000
Look into 401(k)
Roth IRA: $3,500 (stretch is $5,500)
Pay off the small loan I took out to buy my couch: $790 left
Save for a trip to London: $3K estimated cost with the poo poo currency rate. A friend is letting me stay in his house.
Continue to pay down consumer debt of $6,000 (most of it is on 0% APR cards)

Limit eating out to 1x per month

Not buying any new clothes or shoes or jewelry

Personal goals
Lose 10lbs
Stay sober for 80% of the year. I quit smoking weed last year and time to work on limiting to practically quitting alcohol. Craft beer is my weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

cheese eats mouse posted:

2016 goals on $45K net

Get emergency moving fund: $5,000 On track and 2 weeks ahead. $420 a month
Look into 401(k)
Roth IRA: $3,500 (stretch is $5,500) Rolled over to Vanguard. waiting to sell my Franklin Templeton Shares. Made first $300 payment
Pay off the small loan I took out to buy my couch: $790 left
Save for a trip to London: $3K estimated cost with the poo poo currency rate. A friend is letting me stay in his house. This is probably not happening this year. I have to use my tax return to take care of my dog. i don't want to use my meager savings
Continue to pay down consumer debt of $6,000 (most of it is on 0% APR cards)Paying minimum

Limit eating out to 1x per month - Fail. Puppy threw me off

Not buying any new clothes or shoes or jewelry - Bought one sweater and I really love it. That's about it. I'm saving so much i don't even think of clothes.

Personal goals
Lose 10lbs -Cut sugar, Have noticed decrease in body fat
Stay sober for 80% of the year. I quit smoking weed last year and time to work on limiting to practically quitting alcohol. Craft beer is my weakness. Doing really good!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Your friend is right to buy beaters. Also you should buy beaters. My car is 11 years old with less than 100k.

• Locked thread