Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheManInAFunnyHat
Aug 13, 2007

Hat hat HAT.
I am psyched about financial goals. :shepspends:

1) Start looking for a new job before the end of the year. Salary's sitting at $62k, hope to get a year and a half of management under my belt and then bounce.

2) Get my ITIL and P(i)MP. It's pay-to-play as usual, so I gotta pony up that cert money.

3) Max out my IRA.

4) Get as close as possible with my 457b - while also figuring out how to optimize allocations for the year (TIAA-Cref up in this).

5) Cut my eating out budget by 25% and start prepping meals ahead of time.

6) Help my parents move into a smaller house - gotta budget costs to clean, re-paint, buy and install new appliances for them, sell half their stuff, clear inspection, new agent, new sell period, find a place, :aaa:

7) Try and commit 3% of paycheck toward a vacation ...r-right?

8) Start playing around with budget programs to keep track, e.g. YNAB or Mint or something (yes, I'm stalking the BFC threads now).

I figured at 30 I'd start fresh and reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread