Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Goals for 2016:

Financial:
1. Max out 401k.
2. Max out Roth IRA in the next week.
3. Maintain 0 balance on credit cards
4. Increase emergency fund by $2,500, just in case.
5. Purchase around $17,000 worth of my vested employee stock options, using at least $10,000 from money saved this year, with the remainder coming from previous years’ savings.
6. Move the remainder of my investments away from a managed brokerage account that I had when I didn’t know better. I’ve done this for the most part, but I need to finish it off. Also move some existing non-managed investments to lower-cost funds.
7. Keep non-investment expenses at <50% of take-home salary.

Non-financial:
1. Move out of my current house. It’s cheap but it’s super messy and has accumulated a ton of crap from previous residents, which means that none of us are particularly motivated to clean.
2. Try to move to a more interesting location, likely either San Francisco (close) or New York (far).
3. Make sure that my current position is one I desire for the long term, figuring out what I want from my career.
4. Take a nice trip! I don’t take enough vacations.
5. Lose 8-10 pounds.
6. Read all of a list of books I’ve found related to my profession.

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Do you mean buy stock? I don't really think anyone at home investing should be purchasing options. Maybe I misunderstand?

Is this addressed to me? I meant exercising some vested employee stock options from a few years ago.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Goals for 2016:

Financial:
1. Max out 401k. Done
2. Max out Roth IRA in the next week. Done
3. Maintain 0 balance on credit cards Done
4. Increase emergency fund by $2,500, just in case. $3,500
5. Purchase around $17,000 worth of my vested employee stock options, using at least $10,000 from money saved this year, with the remainder coming from previous years’ savings. Done, waiting on the company
6. Move the remainder of my investments away from a managed brokerage account that I had when I didn’t know better. I’ve done this for the most part, but I need to finish it off. Also move some existing non-managed investments to lower-cost funds. Done
7. Keep non-investment expenses at <50% of take-home salary. At around 39-40%

Non-financial:
1. Move out of my current house. It’s cheap but it’s super messy and has accumulated a ton of crap from previous residents, which means that none of us are particularly motivated to clean. Moving to New York in a few days
2. Try to move to a more interesting location, likely either San Francisco (close) or New York (far). Done
3. Make sure that my current position is one I desire for the long term, figuring out what I want from my career. Sort of. I definitely know more now and I'm trying a new opportunity at work.
4. Take a nice trip! I don’t take enough vacations. I have a few weeks planned out in the second half of the year
5. Lose 8-10 pounds.Down 13-15 now, but still plan on losing more.
6. Read all of a list of books I’ve found related to my profession. Need to catch up on this

This has been a good year so far.

• Locked thread