Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Monetary Goals:

Increase salary by 10%
Reduce car commutes by 20%, replace with public transit or bike.
Grow portfolio by 10%
Increase monthly savings from 20% of salary to 30%.

Stretch goals:
Increase salary by 20%.
New, better job closer to home so I never need to take the god damned car.

Other goals:

Make baby Baby made. Now we wait.
Become a boss at open water swimming on the company dime.
Have a net surplus on the happiness account.
Delete Facebook account.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

spwrozek posted:

I feel like I should update my post to say never have a baby, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever...

One day, when you least expect it; baby will have you!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

moana posted:

welp, look who's getting started early with her new year goals :toot: :suicide:

:toot:

It's an epidemic!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Potrzebie posted:

Monetary Goals:

Increase salary by 10% Success! 14% higher pay. Also better benefits.
Reduce car commutes by 20%, replace with public transit or bike. Currently no change, should be a huge change once I've changed workplaces.
Grow portfolio by 10% -15% YTD :smithicide:
Increase monthly savings from 20% of salary to 30%. Reduced savings temporarily to 10% because of god damed car costs. :saddowns:

Stretch goals:
Increase salary by 20%. Very unlikely. AFAIK no bonus or overtime at new job
New, better job closer to home so I never need to take the god damned car. Success! New job at 35 min commute by bike/buss, or 10 minutes by car.

Other goals:

Make baby Baby made. Now we wait.
Become a boss at open water swimming on the company dime. Starting advanced classes in february
Have a net surplus on the happiness account. With baby and jobchange in the works I am net happy by quite a lot right now
Delete Facebook account. :confuoot:Success? Deactivated. Not sure delete is an option.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Monthly Update: Not a lot has happened. Stock markets continue to suck. -20% YTD :negative:

New job is starting "as soon as possible", but current employer has yet to publish an ad for my replacement, so I doubt I can get away before my 3 mths notice runs out which is may 1:st.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

pig slut lisa posted:

Yikes...S&P 500 is only down 5% or so in the same period. Same with VTSAX. Are you playing the commodities game or something?

Nah, it's because I gamble in micro cap bio-/meditec.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Not much has changed since last update. Starting next month at the new job, this will in turn make a lot of goals possible/happening. Baby ETA <6 months.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Potrzebie posted:

Monetary Goals:

Reduce car commutes by 20%, replace with public transit or bike. Reduced by 80%! Started biking to work. It is awesome! Car gets used once a week when I have open water training in the city at 06:30.
Grow portfolio by 10% -19% YTD, but that is OK, my microstock will go to the moon before end of year and this downslump is just the market being irrational :downs:
Increase monthly savings from 20% of salary to 30%. First month where this is possible, due to higher income. This will probably happen until september, then BABY will poo poo on this goal both litterarily and figuratively.

Stretch goals:
Increase salary by 20%. We'll see. If I am still employed come November my position will roll over to a permanent one, giving me an opportunity to negotiate for a raise.
New, better job closer to home so I never need to take the god damned car. Success! New job at 35 min commute by bike/buss, or 10 minutes by car.

Other goals:

Make baby Baby made. ETA 18: September
Become a boss at open water swimming on the company dime. :itshappening: :krakken:
Have a net surplus on the happiness account. I am net happy by quite a lot right now
Delete Facebook account. :confuoot:Success? Deactivated. Not sure delete is an option.

Non-goal financial happenings: The kind folks at the Tax Agency blatantly told me to do my taxes better and deduct past losses from a short lived side business. This will net me approximately $2k.

E/N rant edit: Facebook goal might fail eventually. It sucks rear end to not have, since very few people I know bother to invite people (or just me :ohdear:) to anything outside of FB invites. This means that my wife is being misused as some sort of secretary, where my lazy rear end friends contact her on FB to invite me to stuff.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 1, 2016

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Update time!

quote:

Monetary Goals:

Reduce car commutes by 20%, replace with public transit or bike. Not biking lately, but still not using the car more than 1-2 times a week and with the open water season over, I never need to take the car. Still will occationally, because I linger in bed for too long :tootzzz:
Grow portfolio by 10% -10% YTD. Shrink is the new grow! Still on the right path from almost -30% at bottom.
Increase monthly savings from 20% of salary to 30%. Done!
code:
Savings as part of salary
Jan 16,07%
Feb 7,14%
Mar 23,21%
Apr 23,21%
May 23,44%
Jun 39,06%
Jul 67,19%
Aug 35,94%
The 67% is due to one time income in June and July. February was splurge month. Baby might make this look less impressive soon.

Stretch goals:
Increase salary by 20%. We'll see. If I am still employed come November my position will roll over to a permanent one, giving me an opportunity to negotiate for a raise.

Other goals:

Make baby Baby made. ETA 18: September
Become a boss at open water swimming on the company dime. Boss level unlocked. :krakken:
Have a net surplus on the happiness account. I am net happy by quite a lot right now
Delete Facebook account. :confuoot: Success? Deactivated. Not sure delete is an option.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 29, 2016

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

pig slut lisa posted:

what's in the liquor cabinet

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Boy, this investment is sure to grow and make me FIRE any day!!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
LOL@Idiocrazy being a documentary. Goodbye every goal ever. Good luck world.

:trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop::trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
OK, I don't think a whole lot will happen in december to change any of my goals, so here goes.

Potrzebie posted:

Monetary Goals:

Increase salary by 10% Success! 14% higher pay. Also better benefits. Now a permanent position :woop:. Got a bottle of wine for x-mas. Company did not meet budget, so no celebratory trip (this is apparently a thing?). Not sure if we get end-of-year bonus, but think not.
Reduce car commutes by 20%, replace with public transit or bike. Reduced by 80%! Started biking to work. It is awesome! Car gets used once a week when I have open water training in the city at 06:30. having a kid hosed it up. Car has been in use 5 days a week more or less for the last two months.
Grow portfolio by 10% -19% YTD, but that is OK, my microstock will go to the moon before end of year and this downslump is just the market being irrational :downs: So much fail. Stockvalue has shrunk. All my savings in funds grew over target though, so a tiny win?
Increase monthly savings from 20% of salary to 30%. First month where this is possible, due to higher income. This will probably happen until september, then BABY will poo poo on this goal both litterarily and figuratively. Baby ment a huge dump was taken on income side as wife is on maternal leave, but also ment that we save a ton on evening activities (Oh boy let me tell you about saturday night adventures with an infant!), so while savings did not increase permanently I am still at 20% post-baby.

Stretch goals:
Increase salary by 20%. We'll see. If I am still employed come November my position will roll over to a permanent one, giving me an opportunity to negotiate for a raise. Still employed, no increase yet

Other goals:

Make baby Baby made. ETA 18: September Baby was late to the party but joined us on the 28:th.
Become a boss at open water swimming on the company dime. :itshappening: :krakken: Then baby happened. I did swim a whole lot though, and even joined a few 3k+ competitions for fun.
Have a net surplus on the happiness account. I am net happy by quite a lot right now :dance: BABY :dance:

All in all I think I did alright, for a first timer. A major point for me was to write down things I wanted (new job, better location etc) and then work to achieve the things.

Next time will be less things I can not control and more easy defined goals.

• Locked thread