Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

2016 goals! I'm about to take a new position which is also a promotion so here's the time to get my poo poo together!

Financial changes:

- Set up a budget and stick to it. Trying the YNAB thing now and I'm not sure it's for me, but I need something visual so I can figure out where I'm bleeding money (haha kidding it's restaurants). I also want to track savings and have specific savings goals. Right now we don't have anything - we just get paid into checking accounts, pay our bills, and what's left just accumulates in our accounts. Tired of this - want to set some parameters and know what we're saving up for.

Getting this set up will let me figure out a good timeline for the next few goals:

- Pay off wife's car. Loan is done in September but might see what we can do to get this wrapped up faster.

- Have a $6k emergency fund.

- Set up a Roth IRA. Should have done this sooner.

- Smaller thing, but I want to FINALLY combine checking accounts for me and my wife. Been putting this off because I need to change my direct deposit and all of my autopays, but this will make things so much easier.

- Lifestyle change - eat out less, get into the habit of cooking every night. SO MUCH of our money goes into eating out, because we live in a city and can walk to a ton of great restaurants. Bad habit, gotta kick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread