Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
2015 was a great year. Unfortunately/fortunately things are going to most likely slow down for 2016.

2016 Goals
  • Don't get completely screwed over on a real estate deal. Unlikely to happen, but we'll see.
  • Figure out if I want to fully max out the new 401k that just started. Contributing 10% now and getting a 4% match. Will have to figure it out by mid-year or so.
  • Furnish the condo and get the repairs made for around $3,000
  • To add to that though, be more mindful of spending. Blew $500 last week so I could have dual monitors for my home PC

Non-monetary goals include getting out of this side job gracefully before it blows up in my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Harry posted:

2015 was a great year. Unfortunately/fortunately things are going to most likely slow down for 2016.

2016 Goals
  • Don't get completely screwed over on a real estate deal. Unlikely to happen, but we'll see.
  • Figure out if I want to fully max out the new 401k that just started. Contributing 10% now and getting a 4% match. Will have to figure it out by mid-year or so.
  • Furnish the condo and get the repairs made for around $3,000
  • To add to that though, be more mindful of spending. Blew $500 last week so I could have dual monitors for my home PC

Non-monetary goals include getting out of this side job gracefully before it blows up in my face.

So 2016 wildly exceeded expectations. 80% raise, and a couple of big stock wins skyrocketed the networth.

1. Haven't gotten screwed on the real estate deal yet, and bought into another one. Getting around 8% on the money at the moment.
2. Got a new job in March, and it doesn't have a 401k plan. Going to try to get my company to start one, and I'll probably have to do all the setup work so we'll see how it goes.
3. This one hasn't been that great. Held off on repairs since there's a foundation issue that's causing cracks in the walls. HOA is dicking me around pretty hard and I'm just hoping I come back to my condo on fire.
4. Dual monitors have been awesome.
5. Side job had found a replacement for me before I was going to quit, gave me a going away present (lol).

I also ditched mint since it doesn't work with 25% of my accounts and use GNUCash now. It's more work, but I really do like it.

• Locked thread