Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

computer parts posted:

In the previous thread, someone posted a Lucas interview where he said verbatim that this line of thinking is why he had Maul cut in half so the audience knows he's dead and gone.

There's a billion "what if Darth Maul survived" hot takes in the EU but none about what if Mace Windu survived. THAT'S the poo poo I wanna see. Give me clueless Sam Jackson as a Jedi Hobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

nerdbot posted:

There's a billion "what if Darth Maul survived" hot takes in the EU but none about what if Mace Windu survived. THAT'S the poo poo I wanna see. Give me clueless Sam Jackson as a Jedi Hobo.

I could imagine like a pseudo-noir story of an amnesiac Windu running around, fighting dudes and having vague flashbacks he doesn't understand about being in the Jedi.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Beeez posted:

Is there anywhere where those of us who don't have snapchat can see it?

That's the point of snapchat

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

nerdbot posted:

This is why Lucas felt the need to cut Darth Maul in half, you electrocute a man and throw him out a window that's 1000 stories high and people are still like, "Well, we don't know he's dead."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Two-Face isn't dead! You can clearly see him breathing!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

computer parts posted:

In the previous thread, someone posted a Lucas interview where he said verbatim that this line of thinking is why he had Maul cut in half so the audience knows he's dead and gone.

And then Lucas brought him back anyways in the cartoon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maul was supposed to be dead. Vader wasn't supposed to be Luke's dad. Leia wasn't supposed to be Luke's Sister.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pops Mgee posted:

And then Lucas brought him back anyways in the cartoon.

More like he said "sure, why not, it's not like normal people will care".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I actually like Maul's presence in The Clone Wars, dude actually gains a personality beyond "pace angrily and growl". Dude also gets some pretty sweet revenge on Kenobi.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

computer parts posted:

More like he said "sure, why not, it's not like normal people will care".

drat tiny freaks.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

CelticPredator posted:

The Empire Strikes Back is so dang pretty.

(Luke with one foot on the light, and one foot in the dark. I like it)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

nerdbot posted:

Jedi Caveman Valentine.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

nerdbot posted:

Nothing is new under the sun:
Crazy Old Man WIndu (Rebels Fan Art)

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Pumped about this. I saw the article about Jar Jar actually being a master manipulator under the employ of the Sith and it makes the PT pretty hilarious.

Also decided to finish Kotor2 with the restored content mod. A drat good game if you like Star Wars

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

So I guess this movie is good

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I actually like Maul's presence in The Clone Wars, dude actually gains a personality beyond "pace angrily and growl". Dude also gets some pretty sweet revenge on Kenobi.

That plot arc is agreeably bananas and fun. Right down to his brother taking force steroids and getting pumped. It's all completely bonkers and it happens after the show finds it's feet.

They take over black sun by throwing a double bladed lightsaber down a meeting table and cutting off 40 heads. It's great.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Josh Lincoln Dickey @JLDlite

"This will begin to make things right" is the first line of spoken dialogue in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, and I suppose that is true.

Get ready to hear this meme for the next decade.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 15, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why did I click this???

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Oh cool now dialogue spoilers time to log off and hide under my bed until tomorrow.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress, sorry

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

It's also cool that the same DP now does all of Cronenberg's movies.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

As a cinema lover, I will be all too glad to say I was wrong about this film being a "meh" if it is indeed a good movie, but these reactions seem guarded to me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only person whose reaction isn't totally glowing so far is Devin Faraci's, who thought the plot was dumb. So don't get ahead of yourselves, y'all, you're not guaranteed to dig it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

feedmyleg posted:

The only person whose reaction isn't totally glowing so far is Devin Faraci's, who thought the plot was dumb. So don't get ahead of yourselves, y'all, you're not guaranteed to dig it.

Devin was pretty much always going to think the movie was dumb. I am sure he'll enjoy Episode VIII more since he really likes Rian Johnson (and I mean, who doesn't?)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

One person has not loved it. So we may all not love it!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-first-reactions-show-848533

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know they're being intentionally vague because of the NDA and poo poo, but still, it's hard not to get excited when you read something like this:

quote:

Not going to say much till I see it again but rest assured THE FORCE AWAKENS is the best STAR WARS since 1983...maybe 1980.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

2 more days, you sons of bitches.

2 more days.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I couldn't get tickets that suited my work schedule until the 23rd.

I just realised how loving long that'll be. While you nerds are watching and making GBS threads about the film I'll be rewatching the OT.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

I couldn't get tickets that suited my work schedule until the 23rd.

I just realised how loving long that'll be. While you nerds are watching and making GBS threads about the film I'll be rewatching the OT.

Just watch this on a constant loop until the 23rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I know they're being intentionally vague because of the NDA and poo poo, but still, it's hard not to get excited when you read something like this:

that's a very low bar to clear. there's still hope for spiteful bitter nerds to get their bad movie to bitch about

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Guys I'm so hyped to be probably okay with the new Star Wars.

So. loving. Okay.

The real kicker is that I probably won't be seeing it for another week! Christmas is a loving horrible time to get time off work and do things you enjoy, like spending time with the family STAR WARS MOTHERFUCKER

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

This is the same person who liked the new Fantastic Four. Who gives a poo poo what he says.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nah, reading something like that makes me think the author is a manbabby.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I went to a midnight screening of Phantom Menace on my 19th birthday (which is drinking/adult age in my corner of the world) so I've been very hesitant about getting hyped but now suddenly I find myself looking to see if there is even a movie theatre on the island I'll be on for Christmas. And I bought Battlefront. wtf

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

wyoming posted:

Nah, reading something like that makes me think the author is a manbabby.

we're talking about star wars, we're all manbabies here

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
None of the reviews on Twitter are particularly overwhelming. More like, "yeah! It was good!"

Which is pretty than "poo poo" obviously, but in premiere speak, it doesn't say much. Lower your expectations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

icantfindaname posted:

we're talking about star wars, we're all manbabies here

I won't disagree, but someone dumping on Return of the Jedi and the Prequels doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Okay, I admit, those reviews are getting me a little hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvqIQ8WGKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW-NoV5cVsM

• Locked thread