Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

kiimo posted:

I'm still at a loss as to why they changed Luke saying "You're lucky you don't taste very good" to Artoo after he gets spit out of the swamp to "You're lucky to get out of there".

Yeah, the first line is way better and makes sense. He got spat out because he's a mud-encrusted tin can. The second line is just...flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

CinemaSins is all-natural pharmaceutical-grade unalloyed 100% grade AAA pure poo poo for garbage-slurping idiots and if you like it I genuinely unironically think that you should be hell-banned from CD. not really, but still...come on

It's lazy, banal sniping disguised as "comedy" and I object to it in the strongest possible terms.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Pre-internet. Things were allowed to be something other than the best or the worst.

99 is not pre-Internet, my friend. It's pre-9/11 tho and early in the cultural wars which has had the side effect of polarizing everything.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Pre-social media may as well be pre-Internet.

Stop, stop, you're making me feel old

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Internet 1.0 baby. No Myspace, just Livejournal and AOL chat rooms.

That's 2.0, scarily enough. 1.0 is IRC and newsgroups.

Edit: you guys are killing me. some corner of my mind still considers AIM and ICQ to be new and innovative Internet inventions.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 16, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

starry skies above posted:

It's a movie that masks its aggressive stupidity with panache and momentum.

"Aggressive stupidity" doesn't actually mean anything.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wait hold on you're telling me that if Abrams can't out-Spielberg Spielberg, one of the best living directors, then critics should spit on him? Abrams isn't allowed to do anything that Spielberg does unless he does it better? That's a pretty high bar.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you're calling the ending of Star Wars, the part where a farmboy has to fly down a trench of doom while pursued by a black-clad personification of death that ghosted his mentor and said farmboy is only saved at the last moment by a formerly-amoral smuggler who realized that friends really are worth more than money and helps save the day by setting up the farmboy to take a one-in-a-million shot using the power of his father's legacy and said power blows up a symbol of imperial fascism seconds before it was set to annihilate the nascent rebellion that had taken both of them in and was literally symbolized by a beautiful young princess dressed all in white as a "milquetoast story" you can gently caress right off

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Electromax posted:

Good guy destroys hidden fortress with help of wily rogue who turns out to have a heart of gold, while overcoming the evil samurai who killed his master. The rest as stated is style and art direction.

Connecting Luke Skywalker's chosen one status to a spritual power source from a fallen Avalon that represents his father's legacy: style and art direction.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Well, we know thanks to Finn that they take kids away from their parents, indoctrinate them, and teach them to kill.

*narrows eyes and stares at the Jedi Council*

Ahahahahahahaha this is great. I'm stealing this. Wonderful.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I was all excited that the dude who wrote Hamilton's music was doing the space truck stop music and it was forgettable blah garbage. Boooooooooo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Zoran posted:

You do realize that the prequel Jedi are depicted as hypocritical and short-sighted on purpose, right?

Yes I did, but this is a great shorthand for it and draws a nice parallel that I hadn't noticed!

Also, I don't care if Lucas did it on purpose or not and neither should you.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Vintersorg posted:

So is Max Von Sydow going to have a bigger role? Seemed a waste to cast such a huge name.

He died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Factor Mystic posted:

And yet, it didn't seem to actually stop him from doing his thing. No real sense that he was impaired. No apparent loss of strength.

Bad news: you might be bad at watching movies.

• Locked thread